Hi from Canada!

KerriKP

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­15,600
I just joined today. Although I will still try to get my friends to see the joy, I want to talk about the Asian entertainment I enjoy without someone telling me they don't "do" subtitles. Sigh. So, the journey started late for me and it began with music and BTS. On the viewing side, I think my first drama was Cinderella and Her Four Knights, which led me to CNBlue. As CNBlue is FNC, I then found N Flying, who I adore. Through BTS and YouTube algorithms, Got7 was next. I've most recently been listening to SHINee and a Japanese band called Official Higedan because they recorded the theme to a Japanese drama, Mada Mada Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo starring Sato Takeru, who I also adore. The last Japanese drama I watched was 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojicji Desu, very intense, lots of crying. I haven't watched a Chinese drama in a while but I do like them and think they do historicals exceptionally well. The last Korean drama was Extraordinary You with Rowoon from SF9 so I will probably end up checking out their music next. Almost forgot variety - I watch YouTube clips of almost anything Heechul's in but not the whole show, same goes for The Return of Superman, Hao is currently my favorite. I Can See Your Voice I find quite interesting as well. I would love to know if we share some interests or be introduced to your favorites. My background is in media although due to an accident I am now working from home as a medical transcriptionist and online English teacher.

ETA: So much content to remember. I am working hard to remember which productions are from Taiwan vs China. The last one I watched from Taiwan was Craving You. I think Thai production is increasing exponentially, so fast they seem to be announcing new shows every week. The one I am currently watching is Ingredients and its connected cooking content because one of the leads, Game, is a trained chef and I think it's a very unique way to gain sponsorship and produce content.

Last edited:

KerriKP

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­15,600
Hi, welcome to H+
I loved Extraordinary You. Rowoon was adorable as Haru!
Yes, when I saw him, I believe I said, "Who is THAT and where did he come from!?" Although he was technically the bad guy, I also enjoyed Lee Jae Wook's performance and put Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol into my Netflix cue because of him.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,060,604
Pronouns
She/Her
Welcome to h+!

Heechul variety king indeed :shablob:

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­115,050
Welcome here :)

Nice to see you enjoy so many different types of entertainment from Asia. Hope to learn from you about good series etc.

D

DR. KπŸ’‰M πŸ‘„

Welcome to h+! Thank you for the lovely intro. Got to know more about you just by reading it.

Top Bottom