Hit me up with some good Anime/Manga

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭750,559
I'm currently watching the final episodes of Banana Fish & I need a break from depressing shit atm
Also in the middle of watching Inuyasha; rewatching High School of the Dead; just finished Yuri!!! On Ice.

As for Manga, I'm currently reading Sachi-iro no One Room; Inuyasha & Banana fish and want some new reccs

ty in advance ~

giphy.gif

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
Engaged to the Unidentified from 60%comedy 40%romance
konosuba for dumb fun and slightly dark humor
i second mob psyco. it was a fun story last i saw it
monthly girls nozaki-kun for a romantic parody, if that makes sense. the whole show just subverts common plots in romcoms

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
What you look for specifically? All your three examples quite don't mash together (well HotD is kinda a curve ball compared to the other two).

Blind recommendation: Nodame Cantabile. Manga or anime. It's a light josei romance comedy with classical music students (and professionals later).

Another quality rec would be Mushishi (manga or anime). It's a supernatural folkish with a tad of horror and mystery elements and human condition drama. Each chapter or episode is self-contained.

If you like Inuyasha, you should check the other Rumiko Takahashi's works. They are all pretty good. Personal favorite would be Maison Ikkoku. It's oldie but goodie.

HCN

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,675
if you like action then Kimetsu no Yaiba

if you want to laugh your ass off then Danshi Kokosei no Nichijou or Grand Blue

if you like slice of life then Spice and Wolf

if you like inuyasha then maybe you'll like Natsume Yuujinchou

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭750,559
What you look for specifically? All your three examples quite don't mash together (well HotD is kinda a curve ball compared to the other two).

Blind recommendation: Nodame Cantabile. Manga or anime. It's a light josei romance comedy with classical music students (and professionals later).

Another quality rec would be Mushishi (manga or anime). It's a supernatural folkish with a tad of horror and mystery elements and human condition drama. Each chapter or episode is self-contained.

If you like Inuyasha, you should check the other Rumiko Takahashi's works. They are all pretty good. Personal favorite would be Maison Ikkoku. It's oldie but goodie.

I usually like Seinen and Shonen series like Tokyo Ghoul; Boku no hero; FMA & Monster but I've been trying to get into slice of life/relationship driven anime lately (which most of my recent anime choices seem to have in common)
Edit: Just looked up Maison Ikkoku, adding it to my list ~

perspherspley

Apink ~ I.O.I ~ Loona ~ IZ*ONE ~ fromis_9 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭991,330
Berserk - Anime, Movie & Manga
Claymore - - Anime & Manga
Cross Game - Anime & Manga
Crows - Movie Series & Manga
Deadman Wonderland - Anime & Manga
Hikaru no Go - Anime & Manga
Liar Game - Live Action Movie & Manga
One Outs - Anime & Manga
Terra Formars - Anime & Manga
Until Death Do Us Part - Manga
Vagabond - Manga
Vinland Saga - Anime & Manga
Worst - Manga

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I usually like Seinen and Shonen series like Tokyo Ghoul; Boku no hero; FMA & Monster but I've been trying to get into slice of life/relationship driven anime lately (which most of my recent anime choices seem to have in common)

Then Nodame Cantabile should be a pretty good fit. It's not overly dramatic most of the time, so dunno if this is a plus or minus. Sound! Euphonium could also be a good fit. Not really romantic drama, but more about high school relationship drama in a more realistic sense than similar themed series. Also, it involves music.

More shonen-ish with similar vibe as FMA and Boku no Hero could be D.Gray-man and Arslan Senki (FMA author adaptation, I like the OVA as well if you wanna check). Letter Bee/Tegami Bachi is a bit overlooked shonen. It has an interesting premise and setting. I don't remember if this series properly finished as anime form, so maybe check the manga.

demasta

Stan 46G Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,041,369
Berserk - Anime, Movie & Manga
Claymore - - Anime & Manga
Cross Game - Anime & Manga
Crows - Movie Series & Manga
Deadman Wonderland - Anime & Manga
Hikaru no Go - Anime & Manga
Liar Game - Live Action Movie & Manga
One Outs - Anime & Manga
Terra Formars - Anime & Manga
Until Death Do Us Part - Manga
Vagabond - Manga
Vinland Saga - Anime & Manga
Worst - Manga
for deadman wonderland, i would only suggest the manga

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
I haven't really read much manga/watch anime again recently, but if you kind of like Seinen/Shonen, you may read/watch what I have been watch/read below, hope it suits your taste!

- D.N Angel
- Detective School Q
- Q.E.D
- Assassination Classroom
- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin
- Dr. Koto Shinryoujo
- Wild Life
- Gintama
- The Promised Neverland
- Midori No Hibi
- Salad Days
- And my holy trinity: Naruto, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter.

And so many other mangas that I watched/read that I'm sure you prefer to finish all first before move on to another title.

Top Bottom