How do you get motivation for uni/school work?

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Events Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭12,700
  • Certified Monbebe
  • Monsta X's Shownu
  • Monsta X's Wonho
  • Monsta X's Hyungwon
So I'm a third year university student and I have basically no motivation to do my work anymore.
Like every time I start doing more work, I get bored and stressed and then quit after doing the bare minimum.
I just can't find any motivation at all. I have more motivation to do literally anything else tbh

What are your tips/tricks for getting motivation?
or are you just as stressed and unmotivated as me? lol​

sooz

head empty
Awards
Events
Shop+
Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,081,040
  • BLACKPINK's Rosé
  • DIA's Chaeyeon
  • Komatsu Nana
  • BLACKPINK's Jennie
My biggest motivation is that I need to get out of here quickly and get a full-time job to help my family.
If I don't pull my best, I might fail and have to redo these classes, which is a waste of my time and I can't really afford that.

Mina

Expert Of Things
Awards
Shop+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,192,211
  • Mina #1
  • EXO's Suho
  • Mina #4
  • TWICE's Nayeon
I don't lmfao.

The only thing that keeps me alive in uni is watching criminal documentaries and dramas and thinking ''that will be me''. Literally the only thing that keeps me motivated.

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ
Early Supporters
Top Ten Elite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,350
  • Certified IGOT7
  • Snowflake
  • Jack Minus
  • GOT7's Jackson
I wait till the deadline is close enough so i don't have any other option but do it :wootonew:

But tbh things changed recently, i'm just tired to do everything so close to the deadline. Create a daily to-do list helped me A LOT.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlessMeAchoo

lovenatu

nct protection squad
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭75
  • NCT's Jaehyun
  • NCT's Mark
  • NCT's NoMin
I find that going to a library and surrounding myself with concentrated people helps because since everyone around you is working, it motivates you to work. Also, I like timing myself when I study and only stopping studying when I hit a certain goal (I use a tree app to do this)

Reactions: BlessMeAchoo

Beefy

hwangmini isn't dead
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,132,190
  • The Boyz' Eric
  • Certified The B (Alternative)
  • Certified The B
  • The Boyz' Juyeon
Think about not getting the class credit, having to repeat the class, and thus prolonging your time there. The idea of wasting my own time is what motivates me.

Reactions: Po'etry

No.1

Hallyuboo
Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭65,305
  • Certified Orbit
  • Certified Sone (Alternative)
  • Certified ReVeluv
  • IU
Motivation is fleeting, discipline is key. You can't go around in life doing stuff that needs to be done only if you think the feeling or timing is right. Not everything will be stimulating and it certainly won't be easy, but getting things done when you don't feel like it is what makes the difference.

If not the crippling fear of failing might give you the butt kick you need.

• Love
Reactions: ChooChoo

camille

SR19G Enthusiast
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,131
I don't. I do my assigments very last minute (and last month i did almost none of them) because i'm too lazy and then i remember that if I don't I'll get bad grades and fail my degree. It is already my 4th year of university (a bachelor degree in france last 3 years) and I'm studying abroad so I can't afford to fail another year: because then I would have wasted 16000 euros for nothing and 4 years of my life (because if I fail I'm not repeating another year, you have to give up sometimes lmao)