RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,800,500
Pronouns
She/Her
a1erfKV.png

So my previous thread about the updates seems to have disappeared during the site going down yesterday and I did not keep it backed up anywhere, so it is now gone forever :clowned:

Nevertheless, more drama has happened since then so here is a compilation of everything that's happened since 07/24/2024​

All member's of New Jean's predebut line up "N-Team" gets revealed
  • Although New Jeans is currently a 5 member group, during their trainee days New Jeans was originally supposed to be a 7-8 member group while they were still under source music and training for their original group.
  • The original "N-Team" line up is revealed to have been New Jean's Haerin Hyelin and Danielle, along with Illit's Youngseo, Japanese actress Ryu Hanbi, and Gong Yubin from Triple S.
  • I would like to include that Le Sserafim's Yunjin was originally in this lineup as well based on previous Source Music trainee photos, this photo was probably after Yunjin got cut as a trainee. Yunjin has mentioned that she was originally a Pledis trainee, then got transferred to Source Music during the merger, was let go at some point and moved back to the states assuming her chances of becoming an idol was over, and then was later called back to Korea to join Le Sserafim last minute when all of the remaining trainee's moved to Ador and they were left with nothing.
  • GTSua90asAA-dvT.jpg
New Jean's Parents
  • New Jean's parents are still outraged by the leaked predebut photos and intend to sue Hybe for revealing them without their consent.
  • Once again, nobody is sure whether the parents would have a strong case in this you sign a contract when you become a trainee and the company would have permission to film the trainees and release them as they please.
Internet outraged over predebut Hanni
  • In the update post I made on 7/24 it was revealed Source originally wanted a more mature theme for their next girl group.
  • A predebut video of Hanni was leaked where she was practicing inappropriate dance moves in tight leggings and high heeled over the knee boots at only 17.
  • Understandably, the internet is outraged that source music would have their underage trainees dressed and dancing like this.
  • Source (The source will have the video for anyone who's interested).

MHJ's leaked text messages
  • Hybe as leaked text messages gained through one of the company audits's that MHJ has sent to other people where she curses and bad mouths other.
  • Some of the things she has said includes:
    • Calling herself so good at her job and thinking of herself as smart, saying everyone in the company except her sucks at their jobs, and saying bangpd looks like a R****D when he tries to do important things
    • Wanting to K**l feminists, calling them the B word, and thinking they need to be punished
    • Talking about how much she hates feminists with her shaman, calling a TV personality (unnamed) a feminist B****, and thinking they are ruining men.
    • She also told the Shaman she thinks SM is copying her.
    • Saying NJ's are immature kids who are crazy to be famous, saying she's running on hatred, wasting time trying to make a living for "these immature kids", thinking they need a reality check if they think dancing is actually considered working.
    • Saying she'd want to k**l them (New Jean's) if they don't thank her in their acceptance speeches, hating that she has to make them look cool when she's not sleeping working on their albums, thinking they need to be more humble, that they didn't get popular because they were good, criticizing that they can't even loose weight, and that she's getting the popularity for them while they gain wait and become pigs.
    • For full translations of the text messages here are Koreaboo articles where they are translated: 1, 2, 3.
Internet's reaction to the leaked text messages
  • While some people are upset by things MHJ has said, overall both netizens and even Hybe employees have voiced that they think HYBE went to far leaking her text messages and this is all media manipulation.
  • Instead of leaking this, people wish Hybe would instead leak proof of the things she is being accused of, such as planing a coupe.
Amid New Jean's mistreatment as source trainee's, buddies have been bringing up Gfriend's mistreatment under Source.
  • Yuju made an instagram story to New Jean's song "Hurt" which people are interpreting as a sign that Yuju is supporting NJ's and ador in this battle
  • Some of the mistreatment people are bringing up are
    • Member's got getting proper breaks, such as Yuju purposely removing her wisdom teeth just to get some days off, and the girls performing with injuries or in dangerous stage conditions (they have slipped and fallen on stage a lot).
MHJ's Shaman has disappeared
  • It has been mentioned in a previous thread how MHJ has paid almost $30,000 USD.
  • The shaman has now left the temple she use to work at, cannot be reached, is now working somewhere else under a new name, and the place she use to work at is claiming she had no relations to MHJ.
  • Source
  • My two cents: Not gonna lie I was low-key expecting the shaman to disappear at some point because I can low-key see MHJ try to push her lawsuits onto her claiming she only did all of this stuff because the shaman told her too, therefore this is the shamans fault :sip:

What are your thoughts on all of the latests drama?

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,459,470
Pronouns
She/Her
MHJ being misogynistic is wildly fitting :sideeyeumji:

I do think SoMu's idea bring scrapped was kinda the one good thing in all this.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,800,500
Pronouns
She/Her
MHJ being misogynistic is wildly fitting :sideeyeumji:

I do think SoMu's idea bring scrapped was kinda the one good thing in all this.
Yea, I’m honestly not surprised.

On the topic of MHJ being misogynistic: I didn’t include this in the post since I’m having trouble finding a full Korea source for it (though I am finding more text messages which can count as a source?) But her chain of text messages hating on feminists was apparently related to a specific incident that happened in march at ador:
That chain of text messages where she was hating on feminists was apparently related to an ador employee who reported being SA-ed by a male ador executive back in march.

This text message convo was between MHJ and the executive who was accused of SA. MHJ was calling the female employee a crazy mentally ill feminst B**** for reporting her SA.

It looks like in the end MHJ fired the female employee due to her complaint, the male executive got off free, and MHJ threatened to sue the female employee if she tries taking the executive to court.

Since Hybe did remove some Ador executives recently to stop MHJ for her coup, I’m really hoping there was some justice and one of the executives Hybe got ride of was that man…

I also don’t feel like source scrapped the mature concept completely? Looking at Le sserafim I definitely wouldn’t say they have a sexy concept, but I don’t think they really have a teen concept either?

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,459,470
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, I’m honestly not surprised.

On the topic of MHJ being misogynistic: I didn’t include this in the post since I’m having trouble finding a full Korea source for it (though I am finding more text messages which can count as a source?) But her chain of text messages hating on feminists was apparently related to a specific incident that happened in march at ador:
That chain of text messages where she was hating on feminists was apparently related to an ador employee who reported being SA-ed by a male ador executive back in march.

This text message convo was between MHJ and the executive who was accused of SA. MHJ was calling the female employee a crazy mentally ill feminst B**** for reporting her SA.

It looks like in the end MHJ fired the female employee due to her complaint, the male executive got off free, and MHJ threatened to sue the female employee if she tries taking the executive to court.

Since Hybe did remove some Ador executives recently to stop MHJ for her coup, I’m really hoping there was some justice and one of the executives Hybe got ride of was that man…

I also don’t feel like source scrapped the mature concept completely? Looking at Le sserafim I definitely wouldn’t say they have a sexy concept, but I don’t think they really have a teen concept either?
That is just... wow.

I guess I forgot about Eunchae? I always associate lsfm with being a bit older like Aespa, but Fearless was quite... forward for a young teenager.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭526,700
N-Team revealed : it's pretty common to see the lineup being changed even at the last moment. That was probably the last 7-8 girls so I Youngseo, Ryu Hanbi, Gong Yubin and Sakurai Miu didn't debut for reasons (like that shaman being involved). As for Haerin she was street casted that's why she wasn't in the picture.

NewJeans parents : I already said it but most of the times when parents are involved or try to intervene it's not good sign or they aren't helping. It's hard to believe them since they'll take their daughter and MHJ's side anyway.
Those unreleased contents are mostly dance practice videos or pictures taken during photoshoots or in the practice room, so nothing harmful.

Predebut Hanni and Source's original concept : unless times changed quickly it's not uncommon to see high schoolers do some more mature dance while wearing heels but that's likely the company's decision so it's understandable why some people are concerned or mad. Because they don't practice for a few hours but the whole day, so with heels...
When Le Sserafim debuted with 15yo Eunchae, same reactions, even if it wasn't really "sexy" it was still quite questionable.
Again on SNS we only hear the loud/angry ones so it's hard to say if people were mad or if most didn't care.

MHJ leaked messages : nothing new if you followed the case, she's crazy, dangerous, you don't want to work with that type of person. But I can say the same for HYBE execs but they are lucky she's taking the spotlight.
NJ immature kids ? Look how old they are and don't be shocked that they are childish. That's why they need mature adults to supervise them, to look after them, to teach them.
And after all those leaked messages the parents are still on her side, that tells you the hold, the influence, MHJ had with them and with the members.

But this deviated from the important point : the coup she was planning according to HYBE. I think that's why this mess originally started but HYBE keeps fumbling.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,800,500
Pronouns
She/Her
This is something that’s been bothering me that I want to vent:

I know its sensitive content, and a few translator news outlets have been accused of being biased towards MHJ, but I’m genuinely confused why sites like Allkpop or Koreaboo did not fully translate/provide the full context of the hating feminists text messages???

The reason I was hesitant to talk about it here was because neither site included it in their posts about it, but looking at other sites it looks like they intentionally left it out?

I just feel like the context changes quite a bit whether you are being told that she hates feminists in general, or if you are being told that by “she hates feminists” she’s specifically trash-talking a SA victim…

Top Bottom