I am sick of survival shows

Kstarnet

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭622,015
Elite Points (Sept. + Oct.)
They are literally the same. Competing for a spot in the debut group.

Why can't companies just debut a group and film their journey to the stardom? It is better, less drama and will attract more fans.

P.S. What ticks me off to post this is because of the MBC's show Wild Idol. I thought debuted ones are going to learn on survival skills. But no, they are putting trainees through boot-camp-style training to debut :rolleyes:

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미
VIP+
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,346,263
I don't like survival shows either. But what they get is a predebut fanbase that is already hyped toward the group. I think that this makes the companies lazy sometimes though because they know that those fans are already there and they don't try to attract new ones.​

hatfelt

Ain't Nobody
VIP+
Donor
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭54,900
Why can't companies just debut a group and film their journey to the stardom? It is better, less drama and will attract more fans.

I have some good news for you. When they rig the final group, it is a show documenting their journey to stardom :munchlax:

Kstarnet

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭622,015
I don't like survival shows either. But what they get is a predebut fanbase that is already hyped toward the group. I think that this makes the companies lazy sometimes though because they know that those fans are already there and they don't try to attract new ones.​

True, what is worse the group ends up disbands :(

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Top Ten Elite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,757,520
I like survival shows because I like drama. That MBC Wild Idol show sounds interesting because they're focusing on variety skills rather than dancing/singing/rapping (?). But it's a bit weird that's it not just a little boot camp thingy instead like you mentioned, that would've been a nice 2nd Gen-esque show

boo

alice ♡ elf
Donor
Early Supporters
Top Ten Elite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭629,290
I just watched the first ep of Girls Planet 999 and honestly I thought I was watching another Produce but with different name :squirtlechristmas: clearly mnet hasn't learnt their lesson. I am only watching it because I liked a few of the chinese girls from ywy or chuang.

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨
Donor
VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,053
Yeah I stopped after produce 101 s1 tbh I hadn't watched any until girls planet cover 2 WJSN songs and has Sunmi and Tiffany, I watched the first episode and its exactly produce :LOL:but tbh I like it more. Idk about voting and all that but I have enjoyed it so far. Some of the trainees are really good. Mnet just can't be trusted after their history lmao so I don't take it too seriously tbh

Last edited:

RainbowBlink

❈ JIHYODOONGI ❈
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,950
Yeah...I agree. And the companies behind them are desperate for viewers and good ratings so they make sure that happens by sometimes making the contestants look bad. And I don't know about yall but I hate watching young contestants being torn down so much...I mean, I know it's to prepare them and judges are harsh in general but it's hard to watch...🥺

Top Bottom