I am sick of this system

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
I've been there. Still kinda am.

This year has been especially hard since I work from home, but I could still safely go out whenever and have fun before, but I could probably count the times I've been out with my fingers and toes this year, depression and anxiety settled in harder than before, and I kinda buried myself with work and turned to this machine like state to be able to cope.

What's been helping me was finding a new sense of purpose. Had a one on one with myself and asked myself what really was missing. I've decided to finaly tale the plunge and start with a project I've wanted to do for eyars but never did out of fear. Now I have something to look forward to everyday, and it's hard, but not only does it distract me like just working does to pass time, it's also fullfilling. Project might pan out or it might not, but at the end of the day I can say I did it.

Ask yourself what you're missing, find new hobbies. It doesn't matter what, if it gives you joy and a sense of purpose, it's worth pursuing.

Last edited:

Ackerman

Everything Everywhere All at Once Administrator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,989,284
These thoughts are very common nowadays and I know I get them at least once a month or so. It was worse before until I made a few changes.

Change is needed else you will keep at the same cycle until something breaks. Even something as simple as working out will change your perspective on many things as it helps you get motivated and develop new thoughts. I'm always looking for new things to try and make daily life less monotonous.

Kstarnet

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭745,565
I've been there. Still kinda am.

This year has been especially hard since I work from home, but I oculd still safely go out whenever and have fun, but I could probably count the times I've been out with my fingers and toes, depression and anxiety settled in harder than before, and I kinda buried myself with work and turned to this machine like state to be able to cope.

What's been helping me was finding a new sense of purpose. Had a one on one with myself and asked myself what really was missing. I've decided to finaly tale the plunge and start with a project I've wanted to do for eyars but never did out of fear. Now I have something to look forward to everyday, and it's hard, but not only does it distract me like just working does to pass time, it's also fullfilling. Project might pan out or it might not, but at the end of the day I can say I did it.

Ask yourself what you're missing, find new hobbies. It doesn't matter what, if it gives you joy and a sense of purpose, it's worth pursuing.

what kind of project did you finally start? How did you make time for that?

I always want to pursue something in the weekends but I have plenty of things to do, like, getting everything ready for the next week and being forced to visit the relatives from my mom's side for 2 days and 1 night once a month

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
Who you tellin
Im beginning to hate working with people, old people are so mean
But I always feel like I have no place to complain because I have a home and a job, while it's hard rn

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
what kind of project did you finally start? How did you make time for that?

I always want to pursue something in the weekends but I have plenty of things to do, like, getting everything ready for the next week and being forced to visit the relatives from my mom's side for 2 days and 1 night once a month
Making my own comic. :)

Thing is, I had to make an effort to make time for myself. Set up a schedule, but I don't mean it in a way that every moment of every day is set up for an activity, rather than making it so that there's a clear end to my workday. 8 hours, no more, no less. Then I have the rest of the day to do whatever else I need or want to do. I don't have an 9 to 5, so my day can actually start at 1pm, or so, but I've made an effort to make a clear disctintion between work and other stuff. I have to semblance of sanity during this time.

If you wanna talk, you can PM me. :)

Kstarnet

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭745,565
Making my own comic. :)

Thing is, I had to make an effort to make time for myself. Set up a schedule, but I don't mean it in a way that every moment of every day is set up for an activity, rather than making it so that there's a clear end to my workday. 8 hours, no more, no less. Then I have the rest of the day to do whatever else I need or want to do. I don't have an 9 to 5, so my day can actually start at 1pm, or so, but I've made an effort to make a clear disctintion between work and other stuff. I have to semblance of sanity during this time.

If you wanna talk, you can PM me. :)

Well, there's a time that I want to be an author (writing books) but when it comes to doing it, it is different because I sometimes I would run out of ideas and sometimes my mom would talk to me and the mood is gone.

I also read lots of stories where companies would exploit promising writers by paying them less for an article and lots of stories in reddit that turning a hobby into a career is the best way to hate the hobby

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
Well, there's a time that I want to be an author (writing books) but when it comes to doing it, it is different because I sometimes I would run out of ideas and sometimes my mom would talk to me and the mood is gone.

I also read lots of stories where companies would exploit promising writers by paying them less for an article and lots of stories in reddit that turning a hobby into a career is the best way to hate the hobby
One thing I love about this "day and age" is that it's much more easier to publish on your own. I 'm not saying it's all rainbows and sunshine, but I don't think you should get this discouraged over one bad thing that could happen. It's true that there are many people willing to take advantage of others, but there are also a lot who just do their job even if their goal is not to discover the next big writer, or you can try by yourself, even though it would be a lot harder.

Once again, I think it's about setting boundaries and having healthy expectations. To give you a personal example, I love art, you can call it my vocation (and I'm not really good at anything else), so I made it my job as well as my hobby. I work on doing animation and "soon" will hopefully be a comic artist, but what I really love doing is drawing portraits; making a living out of that would be nearly impossible though, so this is were the healthy expectations come in.

As for the inspiration thing; I'm not really an expert, but having done some work with writing (through animation), I can tell you that just writing whenever inspiration comes is just not gonna work out; you gotta push through and squeeze your brain out for ideas. You gotta work for it and it's not always fun, but that's something true for all art realted work. It's almost never like that romantic image people have in their head of a writer or artist spending all day on their desk just letting it all out into paper.

Top Bottom