I feel stuck with hobbies

vic.ks05

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,950
hey guys. I realized why I don't have any friends to hang out with because them and I don't have anything in common. all My life since middle school, no one in my dad's family and people during my time in middle and high school never told me about hobbies or didn't mention it to me. all they cared about is gossiping about me just to ruin my life, reading my journal, going through my stuff, making people harass me and making people not do anything about it which makes me sooo apoplectic, me getting trouble. playing stupid games with me, treating me like I'm stupid. Also they just ignore me every time I send them a message online or phone or call them. I never had any hobbies since middle until now. Recently I picked up alot of hobbies like reading, watching anime and sports, netflix, learning languages, doing graphic design like photoshop and illustration, origami, drawing and exercising. Now I'm planning on investing stocks online to make money from the stocks on two apps, taking taekwondo classes and play volleyball and basketball when I go to a four year college.

I can't even make plans to invite them over to hang out with me. I don't have a car and I can't even go out, make new friends and share my hobbies with them. Im thinking about cutting off my dad and his family and blocking them everywhere without warning or just ignore them and wait for them to say "hey, your dad is trying to contact you and trying to get a hold of you, why are you not responding anymore?" I'll just tell them "I'm just busy!" and Ill just ignore them. They should've told me about hobbies and friendships when I was in middle school school or high school. they act like bunch of little 10 year olds who dont know nothing every time I see them and every time they see me. I'm not telling them my hobbies and Interests cus they don't seem to care. When I'm happy around my dad, he just screams at me, slams stuff in front of my face, and cusses at me. When I'm sad and depressed, he's very happy and just sits there or stands there and laugh at me. So ludicrous

People at a Korean church I go to (FKBC) since 2019 don't pick me up anymore and they're making up dumb excuses like, "you live far away" "I don't think I can because I live near the church" "I have other things to do before church so I can't pick you up" WHATEVER!!! I don't believe them! they just don't want to pick me up. Everytime I sign up for something at church, no one signs up because they saw my name on the list. When I don't sign up for something, they would sign up and show up in person. They just don't to be around me. So oversensitive. I asked them do they have days off from work, they would say "I don't have any days off" YES THEY DO!!! bunch of liars. Even people at Harvesters say the same thing and they're a bunch of liars too. Everyone has their days off from work.

I can't share a hobbies with someone online cus you know they take forever to respond on social media.. I don't what to talk about about my hobby. I just send them the links to my digital art work. that's it.

Im stuck at Wake Tech and im planning on taking transferrable courses January, May and August next year so I can complete 30 credit hours, sign up for scholarships and transfer to NC State in fall '23,

What should I do now?

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,060,604
Pronouns
She/Her
online friends are the best :poggers: look for communities of people who share your interests and just talk to them, you'll make some friends
and yes you should distance yourself from the members of your family that are toxic to you
good luck :heartublob:

MedicationHelps87

Bounced Back 2024 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,488,851
Pronouns
He/Him
We can be friends with you here.
I am mostly shy is why I can't make friends irl.
That and people often make fun of me.

If you need to talk whenever I can lend you an ear.
Family is toxic.

I know this too well.

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
As mentioned by others, distance yourself from people that are toxic even if they're family or people that you have been with for years. If people aren't willing to give you the time of day despite your efforts in trying to engage with them then perhaps they're not the people you should surround yourself with. It does suck when people act like that towards you, and I'm sorry that all that stuff has been happening for you.

Sometimes we get caught up in the idea of wanting to have a lot of friends, but really quality > quantity is what matters most. There will be people you can instantly bond with well while with others, it might take a while or may not at all. It can be frustrating and lonely at times, but with time, you will eventually find people that you can consider friends. You should also bear in mind that not everyone has the social battery to be able to talk every day or respond immediately but that does not necessarily mean they don't care about you or the things that you say.

And personally, as someone who struggles to maintain hobbies, I think having a lot of hobbies is super cool - it opens up a lot of opportunities for you and makes the individual interesting to me! There are tons of online communities that you can share your interests with like-minded people; Reddit could be a good place to look at, and with your digital artwork, you could possibly create a platform on Twitter, deviantART, tumblr, etc, where you can engage with other artists!

I hope all goes well with your transfer!

Top Bottom