I got ghosted for a gazillionth time

Ronnie Mars

Mamamoo will continue~
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭352,700
Pronouns
He/They
Just last night I got ghosted again by some guy I met on Tinder. It was weird since the night before, we had a nice convo. All of a sudden, he just read my chat but not replying it.
My reaction when he did it is definitely dropping him but the damage has been done. It affects my confidence and faith in love again, since I've been ghosted for so many times, I lost count.
So what should I do? Should I just give up? I've convinced myself that I'll probably end up alone for the rest of my life. I'm not trying to start a pity party here, but when something bad happens to your life every so often, you will start convincing yourself that you deserve it. I don't know, I really, really suck at dating life, I don't even know how to fix it. I'm such a mess LOL
:sejeongcry:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,004
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd say don't look for guys on tinder tbh... they're only on tinder so satisfy their immediate needs and you certainly won't be the only person they're talking to so if they get to meet someone faster than you they will just meet them and ignore you

I bet you're young? like, I know now it feels like you're never gonna meet someone but you still got time, it's never too late and it will probably happen naturally sooner or later. Don't compare yourself to others around you that might be dating a lot, and just enjoy the moment. If you want to meet new people, try going out more or joining communities or groups, I think it's better to make real life ties than to try and find someone on a dating app

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
Tinder is not the place to look. If you arent talking aout putting out by the 2nd day they lose interest

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
this won't make you feel any better, but it's not you, it's tinder/bumble/dating app culture. it encourages ghosting because it's so easy and pretty guilt-free.

also as someone who inadvertently ghosts a lot.... tinder doesn't give you time to get to know a person that well. They could be someone who unintentionally and habitually ghosts for periods of time before coming back online. I end up ghosting because I'm a really awful texter and my close friends know this, but people i talk to on tinder etc will never know me well enough to know that when I switch off, I'm really off, to the point that you can check who my closest friends are by checking who I've muted on texting apps, because I'll definitely read all messages coming in but I usually put off replying. It has pretty much nothing to do with the conversation I'm having.

In a way, you're also weeding out potential dates. You know you do not like a person who is like this. Therefore, whichever way it is, there is this incompatibility that would have undermined any potential relationship. It's not necessarily a bad thing, though I understand it feels like it does.

Last edited:
Top Bottom