I just feel so

Golden

H+ Socialite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,954,336
Bleh...

I mean I've been feeling bleh for a while but I can't really describe it. I feel like all my friends and peers know what they want to do with their life and meanwhile I'm still here going through the motions. I don't know. Maybe I feel pressure from society to find someone and I'm forcing myself and other people. I don't know I think I'm just lost and staying in my bed on most of my weekends arent helping either. I dont know what the point of this thread was I think I just needed to vent.

Jibang

Sowon ♥️ Yerin ♥️ Eunha ♥️ Yuju ♥️ SinB ♥️ Umji ♥️ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭157,250
As you get older you realise no-one knows what the hell they're doing.
I also feel like you do sometimes, especially at the start of a new year.

Nimz

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭684,545
Its easy to get swept up in the "I'm [insert] age, I should be doing [this] and [this] and..." since society loves to push that on people. I used to do it too, but then I just literally stopped caring. Everyone goes at their own pace; some people are married and have kids by 25, and others wait until they're in their thirties to get married or don't do that at all. Some people don't move out until their late twenties, some are able in their early.

Don't think too much on it because you'll drain yourself. Go at your own pace.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭63,354
Pronouns
She/Her
I understand the feeling, sometimes it seems like everyone else around you is moving and you're stagnated but oftentimes that's an illusion created by social media and the internet in general where everyone seems to have a much more happy and interesting life than they actually do. In the end we're all just as lost. If you need to vent you can talk to me :heartublob:

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
Dont compare yourself to others, you will drive yourself into depression especially when you haven't found your place in life. Ask yourself what you wouldn't mind doing for work and what you absolutely wont do. Try to find a hobby you enjoy to keep your mind on something

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to compare yourself to other people so much. People move through life at different paces, it's okay to live life more slowly than other people. Do what makes you happy and don't be afraid to try out different things. Just because something doesn't work out it doesn't mean you have failed, it just helps you develop and learn what your strengths are and it brings you a step closer to getting where you want to be.

I'm here if you need to talk :heartpar:

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I don't know your exactly circumstances to gauge the weight of your societal expectations. I think it's easier to assume that most people are kinda enjoying Western levels of freedom, but one's circumstances can be pretty different. Also even within Western countries or even social strata inside them, each place will have its quirks. Without specifics it's quite hard to give a proper advice.

Also, if you aren't really intimate with your friends and peers, it's really hard to properly judge their situation in comparison to yours. Some may feel the same and be in worse situation as yours, but they will only show the opposite. This is very true in societies that put more weight on what others think about themselves, judgemental ones, and/or very competitive ones.

The easy advice is stop caring about these pressures. Just go with your pace. People judge and criticize others very easily, but they actually care very little or at all. If pressure is from family, it can't be helped and you probably have to wing it. If it's from others, just ignore these. It's mostly noise.

Top Bottom