I miss my fandom

D

DR. K๐Ÿ’‰M ๐Ÿ‘„

Well its pretty obvious that most(almost all lol) starlights have moved on from the forum life.
And it gets pretty lonely/ boring when you are discussing your faves with... yourself...in your head... yike.
I got into forums bc of my fandom but now its just scrolling through random news everyday for me.

People say I could promote them and all, but I think we would much prefer existing fans than people we have to 'drag' into it. Tbh very few to none would actually care, but out of niceness they'd have to listen. Ig the difference is that fans actually get excited, but your friends just try to like them bc of you lol. Well it could be same other way around so.. can't complain.

Welp I guess everything comes to an end eventually. That's how it goes!
/end of rant

rosie

โ€ข โ™” โ€ข Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ17,750
I feel the exact same way as you :sadpepe:

I'm originally a 2nd generation fan, and how I feel about my current faves could never compare to how I felt about my main group. I was so excited when a thread was made about one of the members of my main group the other day. Then I realised that I was pretty much the only one who felt that exhilaration, that extreme level of excitement, when discussing their music...

Nowadays, I can only find my fandom on twitter and those folks are a mess.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ201,500
I can relate tbh, a lot of the groups I stan (MBLAQ, Infinite and 2PM) don't really have many fans active on forums anymore so I don't really post about them/ talk about them much these days. It's even worse when newer Kpop fans underestimate their impact/legacy though :wae:

D

DR. K๐Ÿ’‰M ๐Ÿ‘„

I'm originally a 2nd generation fan, and how I feel about my current faves could never compare to how I felt about my main group. I was so excited when a thread was made about one of the members of my main group the other day. Then I realised that I was pretty much the only one who felt that exhilaration, that extreme level of excitement, when discussing their music...

Ohh wow I didn't know that, I thought you were a new gen fan. Can i ask which group it was?

I can relate tbh, a lot of the groups I stan (MBLAQ, Infinite and 2PM) don't really have many fans active on forums anymore so I don't really post about them/ talk about them much these days. It's even worse when newer Kpop fans underestimate their impact/legacy though :wae:
Lol and then you can't even explain it to them bc you realise you lack the soldiers...or just energy from seeing these things happen all over and over again.

There's still very few inspirits who may drop by once in a while, but the other two.... almost completely left the forums.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ201,500
Ohh wow I didn't know that, I thought you were a new gen fan. Can i ask which group it was?

Lol and then you can't even explain it to them bc you realise you lack the soldiers...or just energy from seeing these things happen all over and over again.

There's still very few inspirits who may drop by once in a while, but the other two.... almost completely left the forums.
And then they end up calling you delusional just because they weren't around to witness the groups in their prime. It sucks lol

Yeah, I've seen a few Inspirits around, it's probably because Infinite are the most active of the groups. MBLAQ are basically disbanded at this point and 2PM have been inactive for quite a while.
I'm also a Rain stan, there are basically no others around these days though. When people deny his impact I die a little inside, like he was the original king of Kpop how could they not see it :noooo:

D

DR. K๐Ÿ’‰M ๐Ÿ‘„

And then they end up calling you delusional just because they weren't around to witness the groups in their prime. It sucks lol

Yeah, I've seen a few Inspirits around, it's probably because Infinite are the most active of the groups. MBLAQ are basically disbanded at this point and 2PM have been inactive for quite a while.
I'm also a Rain stan, there are basically no others around these days though. When people deny his impact I die a little inside, like he was the original king of Kpop how could they not see it :noooo:
Okay but who denied Rain cfgbjcgjvgbu
You gotta drop some names in cord :onggun:

Bchip

แด€ สœ ษข แด€ s แด‡ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ1,741,050
Pronouns
He/Him
A long time ago i had a popular forum of a (western) artist that i like, but people moved on. Forums are becoming less and less popular. People prefer Twitter nowdays and i'll never get that bc that sh*t is toxic af. The worst part of EVERY fandom is there.

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ1,195,600
I get what u mean. Not too many hardcore fans :feelsblankie:
Itโ€™s different when ur surrounded by ppl that love the group and u didnโ€™t have to convert them

No one on H+ as far as I've seen so far, but I remember seeing comments on OH denying his impact :wae:
Denying Rainโ€™s impact when every other male in kpop covers Rainism. I have to kii

miatheikonic

โœถ Zactheik๐Ÿ’nic โœถ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ200
Relatable, on other forum I had at least 3 other people stan stan my faves, nowadays I couldn't probably gather enough people for their badge, and finding a person that even likes them/knows then, it's a miracle.

I have my other groups I talk about on here, but nothing compares to the feelings I have about my faves and fandom.of my faves

Echo

๐•Ž๐• ๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–๐•ฃ๐•๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ23,441
A long time ago i had a popular forum of a (western) artist that i like, but people moved on. Forums are becoming less and less popular. People prefer Twitter nowdays and i'll never get that bc that sh*t is toxic af. The worst part of EVERY fandom is there.
This is so true, even non-fandom forums are kinda dying... I agree with that twitter part too, it's just too easy to make an anonymous acc and be problematic on twitter

moue

โฅ€โฅ€โฅ€
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ313,917

legit facts :sadpuppy:

Seunghee's Eyebrows

๊ทธ๋Œ„ ๋‚˜์˜ Angel Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ8,345,888
damn I miss MBLAQ!!! Mona Lisa was that bop!

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ104,250
I'm multifandom and I got into kpop with 2nd gen in 2011 (my first biases were BEG, BoA, and 2NE1). I'm always finding new stuff that I like as well, but I'll always have a soft spot for 2nd gen groups and I think I'll always be in the fandom, if not hanging out on forums all the time. In fact I was just watching old Vixx stuff today, OP lol

D

DR. K๐Ÿ’‰M ๐Ÿ‘„

^
The reason why I didn't move on from forums yet
The only other active option for now seems to be Twitter and that's a mess...

D

DR. K๐Ÿ’‰M ๐Ÿ‘„

Relatable, on other forum I had at least 3 other people stan stan my faves, nowadays I couldn't probably gather enough people for their badge, and finding a person that even likes them/knows then, it's a miracle.

I have my other groups I talk about on here, but nothing compares to the feelings I have about my faves and fandom.of my faves
I've always really liked bap assuming that's who you afte talking about

probee

โ–ณNIMโ–ณL โ—‹ GGTR๐Ÿ—‘SH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ120,800
I feel you, mate. :sejeongcry: Being in kpop for 10 years, experiencing these sadness and lonely feeling suck due to most of the groups either disbanded or in hiatus.

Speaking of VIXX, they were my ultimate boygroup since their debut, on par with SNSD, and that's me being a GGTrash. Was semi-active on OH!fficial VIXX thread, but as what you've said, little by little some of the Starlights I hang in there went AWOL, as well as thread became inactive, again due to lack of hardcore stan. As a result, I kind of fell out of love on them.
Now, I feel bad for abandoning the family - my VIXX journey is really a bittersweet ride. :weep: I still check VIXX related news and VIXXTV, tho. Still find Hyukkie's nose cute, tho.

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ160,450
I understand how you guys feel, they were the very first groups you stanned, you followed them for so long, obviously no other new groups will give you what they gave and now they disbanded or in hiatus. Nostalgia

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ292,855
I get what u mean. Not too many hardcore fans :feelsblankie:
Itโ€™s different when ur surrounded by ppl that love the group and u didnโ€™t have to convert them

Denying Rainโ€™s impact when every other male in kpop covers Rainism. I have to kii
I wonder if it's just fans wanting to elevate their own faves. Not one solo act has reached the heights Rain has, at least not yet; the same way not one female act right now has reached BoA's level on her prime. If I had to lay a bet on someone, it would be Baekhyun, but he's not there yet. Rain just exhudes sex appeal, and while Baekhyun's fans might find him sexy and all, it's not on the same thing.

Top Bottom