I still can't believe they almost never released this song

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789

So Tacoyaki Rainbow had long been on my radar, but this was the performance that really sealed the deal for me to follow them more deeply. The performance is so energetic, so dynamic, that even with the bad livestream quality you can still see how much they put into it. The song itself is also perfect, a hectic mix of all the things TacoNiji has to offer, from power to softness to screaming. The costumes were also cute as heck.

Only one problem: this song was not released until a year after this performance. Why? Who knows. At the time, they were promoting what would be their last indies single, Kuribocchi ONE DAY!!, and most of their event performances included some of the new B-sides. To some confusion from the fans, two of the B-sides had similar titles: Namba Sambaijaa (this one) and Namba de Samba. Namba Sambaijaa is a far, far more memorable and exciting song to perform, but I guess there was some dispute on whether they wanted both Namba songs, and ultimately, only Namba de Samba was released with the single. Even though we had record of them performing Namba Sambaijaa, it wasn't released on their first two major singles, either. All hope was lost until it appeared magically on a limited version of their first album, Maido! Ookini! And then humanity was saved.

Whenever I'm feeling down, I remember that this most excellent song was finally released, and so the world can't be that bad a place after all. The end.

Top Bottom