I think Produce 101 Japan will be the best version

woodzillion

Bangtan & X1
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭800
Okay, before you start about the trainees 'looking clapped' (they don't) you need to remember we are dealing with mostly actual amateurs with no agencies here. They don't have the benefits of professional styling and training most trainees in the Korean and Chinese version have.

This brings me to my point that the fact we are dealing with actual amateurs this time would make the show a better version than its predecessors because the development and growth of the trainees, in terms of personality and skill development, will be much more massive than the Korean version where the trainees already attend art high schools and are signed to entertainment agencies who give them daily training. For the Korean version, even with this benefit, we still see a massive growth with the trainees as the show progresses so I am sure the build up of the Japanese trainees will be more gripping to watch and cheer for.

Saint Ren

So Iconic - User OT Month 4 April , May AND June
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
a lot of the trainees in the Chinese versions hadn't been training for very long and were pretty much amateurs, for me it made the show more boring, the level of talent just wasn't all that impressive and 3 months isn't a very long time to greatly improve.

As to the visuals, those can be changed in a heart beat so even if someone doesn't look nice now, I'm sure once they get styled up they'll look fine

woodzillion

Bangtan & X1
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭800
a lot of the trainees in the Chinese versions hadn't been training for very long and were pretty much amateurs, for me it made the show more boring, the level of talent just wasn't all that impressive and 3 months isn't a very long time to greatly improve.

As to the visuals, those can be changed in a heart beat so even if someone doesn't look nice now, I'm sure once they get styled up they'll look fine

But the chances of scoring a trainee like Yohan is huge, the diamond in the rough that progresses so amazingly.

I wouldn't consider a lot of the Chinese trainees in Idol Producer amateurs at all. Many of them have entertainment industry backgrounds especially in acting or singing or music, just not *pop* dancing, a lot of them have appeared on TV before IP.

Produce Japan is different, there seems to be a big number of hiphop dancers based on the profiles but not much rappers or vocalists.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Well, it depends of how much of those visuals get changed. I suspect some of the extended breaks idols take "due to health reasons" are probably for procedures that take a bit more than a heart beat to recover.

Frankly, I'm not sure I'm gonna follow this version of Produce (and not being a BG stan as well), but I'm kinda curious how the two hosts, especially Okamura-san, will influence the tone and flow of the show. Placing two comedians as hosts instead of the usual eye-candy from previous shows is an interesting move.

lurker24

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭700
Placing two comedians as hosts instead of the usual eye-candy from previous shows is an interesting move.

That is basically the only JPop influence as for now since Ninety-nine is quite well known in the interaction with JPop idol/band/artist like participating in AKB48 single, performing in Exile, Daichi Miura concert, and the others.

Moreover, Ninety-Nine used to host popular Japanese audition show ASAYAN. The name of ASAYAN also come out in some of the article discussing about Produce101Japan.

Interestingly, Sooyoung of SNSD which used to debut in Japan before debuting as SNSD actually debuting in Japan after participating in this show.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
That is basically the only JPop influence as for now since Ninety-nine is quite well known in the interaction with JPop idol/band/artist like participating in AKB48 single, performing in Exile, Daichi Miura concert, and the others.
Yeah. I'm not familiar with the other guy, but I do remember Okamura performing Renai Revolution with Morning Musume early gen. Lol, that was a long time ago, when i went through my MM phase. Still, it would be interesting to see whether the tone of the program will be different, since previous hosts have been more on the serious side.

lurker24

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭700
Yeah. I'm not familiar with the other guy, but I do remember Okamura performing Renai Revolution with Morning Musume early gen. Lol, that was a long time ago, when i went through my MM phase. Still, it would be interesting to see whether the tone of the program will be different, since previous hosts have been more on the serious side.

Morning Musume basically come out from the show ASAYAN.

Anyway, it is interesting if they bring their distinctive style, make it different than Korean Produce 101 by making used of Japanese idol and entertainment culture, not just nothing more than Japanese dubbed of Korean Produce 101.

Top Bottom