I think Z-POP is soon nearing it's end.

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
Their first comeback has met some setbacks and there are signs that shows they might not be around for long. I've unstanned Z-Girls a while, but I do ocassionally check them to see what's going on in the Z-POP world.

First the views for their two songs, Streets of Gold and Holla Holla. Both groups are supposedly backed by 7 countries with huge population in Indonesia and India, but they barely crack 5 million views. Even some nugu groups can surpass that easily.

They are a pan-asian group according to Zenith Media Contents, but most of their support comes mainly in Indonesia. Second to them the Philippines and some in India. While Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam where the other members are from, very little to zero.

The disappearance of Mahiro from Nogizaka46 still affects them, despite ZMC released a statement about her being absent because of personal reasons. In every Z-POP video and social media post, fans are commenting her name. Most ask what's going on with her.

Z-POP have been banned from korean music shows affects them more than they think. They train and work in Korea, but can't promote there other than using Zenith's VLive lol. Since they got VLive a month ago, Zenith has forced the members to stream every frickin day. Because of lack of promotion places. The ONLY place they have promoted in Korea is the Songdoo Beer Festival. They were met with the infamous silent treatment, probably because of xenophobia of SEA.

What could have been their biggest promotion and oppertunity was the cancelled RAMF Kpop concert in Manila that I made a thread about. It could have saved them. After the news of it being postponed\cancelled, Zenith issue a statement that they are dropping the Philippines promotions and it's been total silence from the company since then. They haven't even VLive streamed for a week now.

With all the signs I pointed out, it's more likely they will disappear within a couple months. It's a shame and sad for the members who worked hard to make something out of it, but tbh this project was doomed since the beginning. Make a new genre by using 99% influence of Kpop, don't sing in korean, don't have korean members and denied to promote in the country you are training and live, well it's speak for itself.

I feel most bad for Joanne, the girl from Taiwan. She said in a recent interview with Kpopmap, that she auditioned for a Kpop agency before joining Z-girls. I guess that company was a Kpop agency. She's my bias after Mahiro left, so I'm probably gonna make a thread of her in the future. I really hope a korean company picks her up, because it's a waste if this beauty is not coming to Kpop. :( She is fluent in korean and has the visual that fits it

59361809_471920533549717_1666316606637538044_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom