yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Yo hello.

So I am in a void in my life where I realised during one of my most depressive weeks last year that I could try and fill my void with anime boys. I started watching Haikyuu again after over four years to try and reignite the joy I had when I was 16. And it worked to an extent, I really felt highs while watching the show and I had new people to project on to - my emotional support anime boys. I've not started season 4 yet but that is because of my poor attention span and subtitles.

I am looking for recommendations of series that aren't so long that they're impossible to start consuming now but have a feeling of positivity throughout them. I want some nice characters I can empathise with (very vague I realise) and possibly a character with reclusive and socially awkwardness like me to relate to. I just want to enjoy a show, enjoy a plot, enjoy a collection of characters and enjoy thinking beyond the show.

Any suggestions are welcome, I'll keep this thread as my list :heartublob:

Frandae

Alchemist VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,522,815
Pronouns
He/Him
Assassination Classroom; it might not be your fav genre but I think it has the points you are looking for (also be ready to get emotional tbh)

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭460,409
'Mo Dao Zu Shi'. It's probably my favourite piece of ongoing animation rn, only ab 20-ish episodes in so far and it's pretty easy to get into >_<

'Owari no Seraph'

I've also heard good things ab 'Fox Spirit Matchmaker' esp the later seasons, after the studio actually started developing better animation techniques

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
'Mo Dao Zu Shi'. It's probably my favourite piece of ongoing animation rn, only ab 20-ish episodes in so far and it's pretty easy to get into >_<

'Owari no Seraph'

I've also heard good things ab 'Fox Spirit Matchmaker' esp the later seasons, after the studio actually started developing better animation techniques

You know, there's someone on my Tumblr I have been following for years and they have suddenly become super dedicated to MDZS and I only know whatever they reblog about it right now (which admittedly is a lot lol). Literally I have no idea who the user used to be, just that they love that show :wootonew:Maybe I should look for it too

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Okiku Furikabutte/Big Windup! has a socially awkward character. It's a sports anime, but it's focused on the characters and their interaction. It has 2 seasons

Natsume Yujincho/Natsume's Book of Friends is a bit longer, but I think it should be a good watch.

If you're fine with slice-of-life, Sketchbook Full Color's has a very awkward main character. The series is very lighthearted and short.

If you want a more traditional shonen, maybe Boku no Hero Academia could fit the bill.

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭182,409
kaguya-sama: love is war! there's just twelve episodes right now, and a second season is airing later this year.

it's definitely a character driven show with the main plot being that two of them have feelings for each other but neither of them want to be the first to admit it so they have basically turned it into a game. sometimes crazy, very funny, and actually has a lot of heartwarming moments in between.

one of the main characters introduced a few episodes in is yu ishigami. he's 1000% a recluse with social awkwardness and he's my favorite. i love him!

tumblr_pnpy49eWxV1v6bs4yo1_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_poi07lOGMx1su07o0_400.gifv

e8f2257c44d9f5ae28cd6c5bef47a78f.gif

so yeah, that's my suggestion!

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,900
I don't know if you're still looking for recommendations, but I shall list a few which are pure and just good for your heart.
- Ore monogatari (Romance, slice of life | 26 episodes)
- Somali to Mori no Kamisama (adventure, slice of life | 12 episodes, currently airing)
- Isshuukan Friends (Slice of life, school life | 12 episodes)

These are all very pure, but you might cry (I did)
I hope you give some of them a try, if it's not now, maybe later :)

Top Bottom