⨭1,100
But what made this win so iconic?
T-ara was one of the biggest girl groups between 2009 and 2012
every single between TTL and day by day were huge hits in Korea
Roly poly being the highest selling song in 2011

what happened?
the ceo of MBK was greedy
he wanted get a girl group similar to SNSD, including the number of members
so between 2011 and 2012 he added 2 girls: Ahreum and Hwayoung (iirc he added dani at some point but she was still too young to join the group)
And hwayoung was a big miss steak.

The scandal:
T-ARA had a concert in Japan and Hwayoung only performed one song due to her 'leg injury' (or something)
And that's when things start getting shady. Hyomin tweets: “The differences in levels of determination, Let us all have more determination."
And Jiyeon goes "“The differences in levels of determination ^^, Always be humble ^^ and sensible ^^ I applaud you, acting genius ^^"
Eunjung added " A position can make or break a person, but determination can make a person too. Sigh, its unfortunate. You have to know to take care of the people around you. "
Everyone in the group (except Ahreum and Qri) RT the determination tweet, which was RIGHT AFTER, that Japan concert where Hwayoung had a leg injury SO EVERYONE CAN TELL THEY'RE SHADING HWAYOUNG. When Jiyeon says 'acting genius' she calling Hwayoung a fake hoe
Hwayoung defends herself & deadass tweets "even determination alone is not enough" and has the gall to go "God, you know everything right?"
And thats when Hwayoung's twin, Hyoyoung goes "My other half is going through troubles" to which Hwayoung replies "I only have you”
And then Hyoyoung goes “having a pretty face doesn’t matter if your heart is evil. Is the person who is hurting not considered a human? I honestly want to cry. "
It keeps going bc Hwayoung's rap teacher tweets "Brainless airheads (T-ARA) do worthless shit but this is really over the top. Not even thinking about
when they were trash (low levels) right? "
The teacher denied this being related to the scandal but everyone thinks otherwise because of the timing and how Hwayoung answered "I miss you.." right away.
after this Netizens were looking for every sign of T-ara "Bullying" Hwayoung.
the members ignoring her, some pics taken from shows, other tweets, etc
with the vision of one person (who has a serious victim complex and is a manipulator) and taking it out of context, it does look weird.
a.gif

anh6-adf4.jpg

102333_b6.jpg

Some people fount out that hwayoung was actually walking alright when she left T-ara's concert for her leg injury, and even went to a nail salon on that day
but it wasn't enough for t-ara to regain their lost fans.
hwayoung-walking.jpg

Since that T-ara had a hard time in their next 5 years.
their songs didn't do as well as their previous ones but they still had some loyal fans that supported them.

Hwayoung had interview after interview, playing the victim and sh*t talking T-ARA.
then in 2017
Evidence that Hwayoung wasn't bullied popped up. Jiyeon was also being forced around but it wasn't a scandal, they were just playing, etc
Hwayoung and Hyoyoung ended up being caught as the sneaky, shady snakes they are when they talked in a broadcast called Taxi.
Former t-ara staff tells all about the infamous leg injury scandal, determination twt, and hwayoung's shady actions which confirms this whole scandal was bullshit. (got this and the spoiler before from reddit here)

The staff member said, “I saw yesterday’s broadcast of ‘Taxi.’ I saw that Ryu Hwayoung and Ryu Hyoyoung cried, too. [Hwayoung] said ‘It’s something that can definitely happen between girls’? That they didn’t know better? As if what happened was nothing? What, exactly was it that ‘could have just happened’? The threat that [Hyoyoung] would scratch up someone’s face?”

The staff member posted images of an text conversation — which have been confirmed as real — between Hyoyoung and Areum, T-ara’s youngest member at the time.
well it's a lot so here's soompi's post about the staff

with that people finally found the truth of this whole situation
and t-ara got their deserved win in The show with What's my name after 5 years of not winning anything.

I would like to add that if i was in t-ara's situation i would have done the same, hwayoung is a very toxic person and to put it worse she has this victim complex.

So what's the moral of the story?
even the biggest manipulators are shredded by time and truth
and the people who believed these manipulators are a joke.

vHUOo4z.gif

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
It shouldn't have happened to them. They didn't deserve that treatment.
Sadly some people don't care about the truth, but when the truth comes out the haters end up looking like clowns :sip:

Yuki

Ç'est quoi ce merdier? Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,137,509
And what you have lost you can't regain.
It is a joke seeing how many stupid people at that time and how stupid the CEO handled the situation ...

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭278,050
Of course adding Hwayoung may be a bad choice back in the day, members were busy and she could replace them when one was missing. She and her sister are the one to blame.

But they were also others to blame :

- The CEO who handled so badly the situation. He made the worst decision possible when he decided to protect both side. Hwayoung's family seems to have some influence/power I've read. That lead to hurt even more and worsen the situation.
- People, fans, following rumors blindly, maybe with the help of haters and antis. Maybe the same people who cheered them when they performed in 2017-2018. A whole country turned it's back. Thankfully T-ara had Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand and other countries where to shine and where fans supported them.
- Ahreum, during The Unit, said at that time they were young, she was even more younger. The members tweet timing was so awful, knowing how fans and people can react like crazy, I personaly think this was a mistake.

5 years without any win for T-ara, damn...

Top Bottom