ICYMI IN CASE YOU MISSED IT - JULY 15 / JULY 21

G

Galaxy

icymi-2.png

icyyy-png.226

Our Social Media Press team is back with "ICYMI" ! This week was quite eventful - debut dates were
announced, music videos dropped one after the other (selecting only ten songs for the "release" section was a nightmare,
trust me!) and sadly, tragic news also made it to the headlines. Encouraged by the comments left on our previous

article, we worked hard to write this new recap, and we hope you will like it!

news.png

MONDAY:
#1- Kang Daniel, who had previously announced his debut date for July 25, started dropping teasers and revealed his first mini album's title,
"Color on me"
! The idol is debuting under the name "Daniel K". Let's anticipate!

#2- After "
Palette", another IU's music video hit 100 million views: "BBIBBI" reached that milestone at the beginning of the week! This happened only
9 months after the song's release, in October 2018. Well done!

#3- HaHa and Byul welcomed their third child at noon! Their agency shared Byul gave birth to a baby girl. Congratulations to the parents!

TUESDAY:
#1- NCT Dream started teasing "WE BOOM"! Cuteness definitely seems to be a thing of the past for the group, as this release's concept
revolves around skulls and dark imagery.
The sub-unit also released "Fireflies", in collaboration with the World Scout Foundation!

#2- SNSD's Hyoyeon is back!
DJ HYO announced the released of "Badster" English and Korean version on Saturday. You can give it a listen
in the "releases" recap below ;)

WEDNESDAY:
#1- C9 released an highlight medley for CIX's first EP "Hello - Chapter One: Hello Stranger". With CIX, Wanna One fans will be able to see
Bae Jinyoung again - the boys will debut on July 23. We will definitely keep an eye on them!

#2- SGO48, the new 48 group in Vietnam, is also getting ready for debut!
The girls dropped a teaser for "Heavy Rotation" -
the Vietnamese version of
AKB48's iconic song!

#3- In other news, Yang Hyun Suk (YG) was arrested on Wednesday - he is now officially accused of prostitution solicitation.

#4 - We will sadly finish Wednesday's recap with the announce of
Kim Samuel's father's death - he was reportedly murdered in Mexico.
We express our condolences to the family.

THURSDAY:
#1- NCT revealed on Thursday that "Highway to Heaven" will have an English version! The MV will be released on July 22.

#2- VERIVERY surprised their fans with
the announce of their comeback - They later shared the name of their 1st single album ("VERI-CHILL")
and its title song ("Tag Tag Tag").
The new release will drop on July 31!

#3- Two idols opened SNS accounts on Thursday! Kang Daniel is on for social media domination and is now on Twitter, Instagram, Youtube
and has his own fancafe. Taemin also created an Instagram account!

-#4 BVDIT announced their official fandom name, "BVNDITBUL" - it is a combination of the group's name and "Be Ur Light", to show fans how
important they are to the girls. A cute and meaningful choice!

-#5: Jackson Wang is on his way to become a global icon! He collaborated with Fendi on a capsule collection, and his wax figure at
Madame Tussauds' Hong Kong will be revealed on July 29.

-#6: Unfortunately, bad news also dropped on Thursday: Kyoto Animation studio (Violet Evergarden, Inuyasha and more) was destroyed in a fire.
According to the reports and suspicions, an arsonist poured gazoline around the studio before setting it on fire. 34 people died and 35 others were injured.
We are sending our sympathy and strength to the families.

FRIDAY:
#1 - Produce X101's finale episode was broadcast on Friday and the final members of X1 were announced! The grand winner of the
#1 spot is OUI's Kim Yohan. The group opened social media accounts in multiple platforms just a few hours after.

#2-
FANATICS' debut was finally announced! The girls (Produce fans already know members Chaelin and Doah, who respectively participated in
the show's 1st and 3rd seasons) will release their first mini album "THE SIX" very soon!

#3 -
Former RaNia leader Saem got married! The girl, who left the group for good in 2017 to focus on her acting career, is now starting
a new chapter in her life. Congratulations!

#4 - In less happy news, it was reported that
Kang Ji Hwan's legal representatives threatened victims via text messages. A reminder that the actor
is accused of sexual assault and
admitted all charges on Monday - investigation is still ongoing.

SATURDAY:
#1 - In the afternoon, it was revealed that Lai Gualin (ex-Wanna One) has requested contract termination from Cube Entertainment. Another Cube trainee,
Woochan, had already left a few days prior - so it might mean that the company's plan to debut a boy group in the near future was cancelled.

#2- Music Works answered to an email about BY9, a possible group made PDX101 final 20 eliminated trainees -
and said they would discuss the project.
Will this lead to anything concrete? We hope we will know soon!

#3- Sistar's "Alone" hit 100 million views on Youtube! This is the first time the former summer queens reach such milestone with one of
their music videos. Congratulations to them!

#4- Other bad news was also reported on Saturday: Hong Kong actor Simon Yam (Tomb Raider) was stabbed by a man who ran toward him and attacked
him at presentation in Zhongshan. The attacker was arrested and the 64 year-old actor is now hospitalized - fortunately, he is resting and his condition is stable.

#5- Creker announced that THE BOYZ's Hwall will not participate in official schedules for the time being due to health concerns.

We wish the both of them a speedy recovery.

SUNDAY:
#1 - Good news for EXO-Ls: Suho stated during their concert today that EXO will make a comeback before winter! Let's anticipate another masterpiece!

#2 - KOMS crowned its 106th king, "Genie" - who couldn't hide his identity for long and is strongly rumored to be Super Junior's Kyuhyun
(spoiler written by an ELF: it is him lol). He is the first SM male artist to get the title. Let's see how long he will manage to keep his new "royal" seat!

release.png

#1- MONSTA X - X-PHENOMENON
After "Piece", the boys of Monsta X are getting ready for the release of their 2nd Japanese album, "Phenomenon" on August 21.
To make fans' wait shorter, they revealed its title track's music video on Monday. The song is called "X-Phenomenon" and comes with a powerful
concept and choreography. Check it out now!

#2- DJ HYO - BADSTER
SNSD's Hyoyeon came back with her newly produced song, "Badster"! Two different versions were recorded (one in Korean, one in English) and both
were released on Saturday. The song is clearly made for you if you like psytrance and clubbing!

#3- TAEYONG - LONG FLIGHT
"SM Station" is still going strong. Two weeks after the release of EXO's D.O.'s "That's okay", NCT's Taeyong's was chosen to record "Long Flight".
The song dropped on Thursday, and its soothing r&b vibes are perfect for the season. We definitely advise you to give it a listen!

#4- NMB48 - BOKOU E KAERE!
AKB48's sister group NMB48 is back! The girls released their 21st single "Bokou e kaere!" on Friday, with Shiroma Miru as the center.
Many fans on Youtube agree: the combination of "old" AKB sound and modern imagery is everything they were waiting for. Make sure to check it out!

#5- EXO-CBX - BE MY LOVE
EXO-CBX (Chen, Baekhyun, Xiumin) still likes to surprise fans despite Xiumin's enlistment in the army in May 2019. The subunit recorded an OST
for the drama "Love Playlist" - the song will make all ballad lovers happy, and its chorus' beautiful ad-libs showcases the boys' impressive vocal abilities.
The official lyrics video is available below!

#6- LENA PARK - WITH YOU
Lena Park is back! The singer celebrated her 20th anniversary in the industry last year, and she clearly doesn't intend to stop blessing our ears
with new masterpieces. The latest one is called "With you" and will be added to all ballad lovers' playlists pretty soon. It's time for you
to watch its music video!

#7- DAY6 - TIME OF OUR LIFE
JYP's talented band DAY6 came back on Monday with "The Book of Us : Gravity" and its title track "Time of our life". If you are into rock sounds,
this song is definitely for you. "Time of our life" is full of energy, delivers a positive message, and makes the perfect motivational song to start the day.
However, don't wait until tomorrow morning to check it out - here is the music video, enjoy!

#8- CHANMINA - NEVER GROW UP
Singer and rapper Chanmina will release her second full album on August 7 - the music video for its title track, "Never grow up", dropped on Friday.
The song is definitely made for summer, and is accompanied by a daring music video depicting a complicated love story:

#9- PENTAGON - HUMPH!
Pentagon released their 9th mini album "SUM(ME:R)" on Wednesday, and chose "Humph!", produced by Giriboy, to be its title track.
The rap/hip hop song comes with a cute music video and choreography. A warning though: its catchy chorus will remain stuck in your head for a long time!

#10- HYOMIN X JUSTATEE - CABINET
Interested in adding new songs to your summer playlist? Then Hyomin and Justatee's "Cabinet" is the song you need to listen to!
The collaboration single between the T-ARA member and the Vietnamese artist was released on Tuesday and is a gem you truly need to discover:

updates.png

AWARDS_NEW.png

Here are the new badges that were added to our system this week! Click here and follow the instructions to request them:
capture-d%E2%80%99e%CC%81cran-2019-07-21-a%CC%80-14-50-49-png.225

EVENTS_NEW.png

Events Team decided to be mysterious this week and posted teasers (here and here) for our forum's upcoming event! Time for you to get ready!

Events Lead's Rosey organized a "game night" - the first session was launched yesterday, and the next one is coming in a few hours!

Our team member Renjun also organized a Produce X 101 prediction game to celebrate the show's finale episode on Friday -
congratulations to the winners!

SM_NEW.png

This week, our Social Media/Press team celebrated two different World Days with a light-minded top posted by Galaxy for "World Emoji Day",
and another one with song recommendations for "
Space Exploration/Moon Day", this time written by Lucia.

TR_NEW.png

Translators kept themselves busy this week! Here is the list of all the lyrics they worked on for our users:
- Red Velvet's "Bing Bing", by jana22sal and "Parade", by pullava
-EXID's "Midnight", by pullava
- Oh My Girl's "Checkmate", by pullava
- Tanya Chua's "Kisses for the world", "Offline map", "Dance steps", "
The Will", "Take a breath" and "Halfway", by renn.

M3RP9Ni.png

RECRUITMENT.png

Hallyu+ is actively recruiting for staff. If you want to contribute to the forum's growth and join our amazing team, don't hesitate and apply now!
We are searching for new Events Team members, GFX members and Social Media writers (Press) and/or accounts' managers.

team.png

2nd Half of The Year - Most Anticipated Comebacks
By Jana22sal

Though half of the year is almost over, we have had the pleasure to enjoy so many new comebacks and debuts from groups and artists including
BTS, Twice, Red Velvet, Baekhyun, Astro, ITZY, GWSN, TXT, Hwasa, Mamamoo, IZ*ONE… the list is endless. With so many good songs coming out, it seems
that the competition to make, debut and release new groups and songs is getting harder and harder to do for big and small companies. Even so,
we have been able to enjoy great and quality music. In that case, I’m going to list the top anticipated comebacks, including debuts, that will be
coming out this July. Ja, let’s get started!

#1- EXO-SC
exo-sc-11-1-jpg.219

In 2018, Sehun and Chanyeol released We Young (such a bop) which became a big hit amongst their fandom. I’m sure we all had this song on repeat.
I know I did. They are now returning with What A Life. I know this song will live up to all EXO-Ls' expectations!
Please watch the latest teaser here!

#2- GWSN
gwsn-group-profile-image-jpg.220

Earlier this year GWSN came back with ‘Pinky Star’ (a personal fave of mine) and now are coming back once again with part three of "The Park In The Night".
With their amazing vocals and dance skills, I know that this song is bound to be a hit.
Please go and watch the 2nd teaser that was just released
for this comeback. Fighting GWSN!

#3 - NCT DREAM
1wrb8ggjpg-jpg.221

Finally! After months and months of waiting, NCT Dream is now back finally with ‘We Boom’ after having promoted ‘We Go Up’ for some time.
The release is getting closer and closer so please put your hands up! All NCTizens gather round (please stream this song to no end) :D The latest
preview was broadcast on Music Bank earlier this week
and is available here!

#4- ITZY
screen-shot-2019-07-09-at-80346-ampng-png.222

Hot debut queens, ITZY! With only 5 months after their awesome debut song ‘Dalla Dalla’, they are now almost back with their
new song ‘Icy’ and everyone is anticipating it as much as I am. Known for their awesome talent, I can only predict that their comeback
will do great. Let’s support them the best that we can!

These are my favorites but... what are yours?.
I know there are many other groups who are putting out
songs so tell me which ones you are anticipating the most in the comments!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the end of this weekly recap! Don't forget to leave a comment to give us your feedback before you leave ;)
We will see you next week, thank you for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,231,558
Anticipate Daniel K's debut on July 25th :D

Thanks for the well-written article OP!

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
got a lot of my threads here :shablob: thanks for the recap

agust

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,580
I love the concept of ICYMI!! I hope this lasts for a while, it's much nicer than going around looking for articles and coming across things that aren't relevant.

Top Bottom