EVENT+ [IN CASE YOU MISSED IT SPECIAL EDITION] The Showcase Reveal Thread // JUNE 14 - JUNE 24

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
anniversary_copy.png

JUNE 14 - JUNE 24

Hello, Hallyuplussers, and welcome to a special edition of In Case You Missed It put together by yours truly. In this edition, we will be providing coverage on various news and gossip around the forum over the past 10 days. We will then end this article on a strong note by presenting to you a collection of works submitted by our Hallyuplus artists. Be sure to stick around until the end as there will be information on how you, the readers, can earn some extra tickets for the lottery as well!

(DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an official ICYMI thread so do not take it seriously—I’m just hijacking the Social Media Team’s headquarters at the moment and I apologize in advance for the lack of formality in my language usage and whatnot. Thanks, @Polaris_Tae, for allowing me to use this format!)

news_copy.png

BY STANNIE

MONDAY (JUNE 14):

#1- We kicked the week off with Hallyuversary, an event put together by the Events Team to celebrate the forum's 2nd anniversary and show appreciation toward its staff members. A few minutes into the event, users were tasked to tag other users and tell them, "Happy Hallyuversary 2021 and #Iloveyou3000!" Needless to say, for a reward of 3 tickets, users rushed to bombard their poor fellow users with the said cheesy declaration of love, leaving everyone in chaos and confusion. Would you do the same for 3 tickets?

#2- Through Hallyuversary, the Events Team also introduced their latest project for the first time: +Cards. Rumor has it that these well-designed cards can be collected and traded, but that's all we really know about it. Despite the limited information available, that did not stop some users from fighting over them. An example would be when user @hatfelt gravely threatened fellow user @Seriously HERE (although the latter quite honestly deserved it since they also wanted to steal Mina later, but that's beside the point here). User @Trickster also expressed the desire to resell these "coveted" cards at rip-off prices! There were also some exchanges about organ harvesting but due to H+ restrictions, our coverage on this matter shall end here.

TUESDAY (JUNE 15):
#1- Continuing on the theme of tasks, our guest host @Baymax held a week-long Daily Check-in event where users could earn orbs, coins, and especially tickets through the completion of various tasks. For this day's task, users were asked to retweet a post from Hallyuplus Twitter. We wonder if any bot accounts were made to perform this task.

#2- Turned out June 15 was the birthday of Shop+ chan, the sole billionaire of our forum. Users came together to give said billionaire many flattering birthday wishes in hope of getting something in return. Unfortunately, Shop+ chan had chosen to remain silent despite the overwhelming number of requests.

WEDNESDAY (JUNE 16):
#1- A slow day in terms of news and gossip. The only noticeable thing was the meltdown when users found out that one of the tasks of the day was to get 5 replies in a thread outside of the HALLYHOOD and HALLYU+ HUB sections. Do you think this would be an attainable task in this H+conomy?

THURSDAY (JUNE 17):
#1- Nothing to report for this day.

FRIDAY (JUNE 18):
#1- There were two tasks announced. One was to enter The Showcase Event, which was an event hosted with the purpose of encouraging users to showcase their talents. We heard it through the grapevine that someone apparently drew a furry for their submission—and the worst part? The artist in question is only 5 years old (or so they claimed)! What in the world...

#2- The other task was to guess the host's bias list in Seventeen. A noteworthy moment during this task was when we found out for the first time that there was apparently a member named "Hyunmin" in Seventeen. Even the host, an organic Carrot, was shocked to discover this little-known fact. Do you think user @Bchip might actually be an insider working for HYBE?

SATURDAY (JUNE 19):
#1- There was one game hosted this day to pay homage to one of the most dedicated yet highly underrated teams, the Translations Team. In this Game of Mistranslation, users competed to come up with the best definitions for the best words. The key thing we learned from this highly educational game was that user @AKID❀KI is apparently very Ørbservative. But said user seemed to disagree as they mercilessly beat up the host over this fact—just minutes after calling them an angel. Do you think Aki's harsh actions were warranted?

SUNDAY (JUNE 20):
#1- On Sunday, we suddenly saw an influx of threads expressing their undying appreciation toward the mods. Shocked and doubtful, we investigated further to find out what had caused this sudden positivity. Turned out, this was a challenge for a game called Mod Says hosted by @Chiharu. Ah, we should've figured.

#2- An earnest petition was made on this day. The poor and desperate OP was petitioning for the VIP threshold to be lowered to 39,170 trophy points. As this was such an odd number, another user made a more reasonable suggestion to lower the threshold to 10K. Do you think the Admin should heed these wonderful suggestions? Would you sign the petition to support this cause?

MONDAY (JUNE 21):
1- A game was hosted on this day. True to its name, Brewing Frenzy, chaos ensued before the game had even started; more specifically, the guest host @sm maid was accused of gold-digging by user @yongfilms and another user also called her a scam for making gamers spend their money on shop+ items they'd never use! What is your opinion on these claims? Do you think miss essem was doing this purely out of professional duties or was she really hoarding those items for her own use? We later held an interview with the subject matter as well as some insiders, but that's our gossip for another day.

2- An...interesting task was announced on this day. Users were asked to leave some nice quotes or song lyrics on 5 different staff members' profiles. The host's intention was to help users mingle a bit and as it turned out, they didn't mingle just a bit. Some scandalous comments could be seen. We will leave you to do your own investigation on what those may be.

TUESDAY (JUNE 22):

WEDNESDAY (JUNE 23):

THURSDAY (JUNE 24):
#1- The last day of games and activities in this event seemingly started on a peaceful note. We were ready to turn off our laptop, put down our paparazzi camera, and call it a day. That was until we found out from user @𝕋☹𝔸𝕊𝕋 that she received an unwarranted eviction notice. Said user is now in desperate need of a home while trying to appeal the unjustified eviction. If you're touched by this issue and would like to help, we have created a GoFundMe for her HERE.

#2- A thread was made today asking users about how they'd spend $1 million dollars in a day. Normally, this kind of thread wouldn't have made the cut to be in our "scandalplus" article but just read on—that number 4 condition was truly traumatizing that it deserved a spot here.

release_copy.png

BY STANNIE

Now that our coverage is done, without further ado, let's move onto the real reason for this thread. I’m pleased to present our great users’ showcase submissions below (each line is hyperlinked)!

#1. 𝕋☹𝔸𝕊𝕋 - Gfx Team - Honeybee

#2. Frandae - Gfx Team - EXID's Heo Solji OP

#3. Nara - Gfx Team - Party Invitation

#4. BianTwo - SM Team - The Last Hope: Origins

#5. Chomiczewska - Gfx Team - Birthday Pirate

#6. Bellamy - SM Team - Poema de Medianoche/Midnight Poem

#7. Jibang - Gfx Team - 1.00am at the H+ staff party

#8. ARandomFan - Gfx Team - Soft Taemin Edit

#9. Nara - SM Team - Buying A House

#10. Baymax - Gfx Team - ♡ Satisfied

#11. Saint Ren - Content+ Team - Musketeer Members expose C+ Contribution

#12. Bellamy - Gfx Team - Love is the way!

#13. abra - SM Team - Album Review: Batten Showjo Tai - Fun

#14. soozie - Gfx Team - Oh!Sehun Game

#15. Chiharu - SM Team - Under the Night Sky

#16. OutroTearTheFirst - Gfx Team - A few k-drama themed mafia cards

#17. Polaris_Tae - SM Team - Donghua Review: Tianbao Fuyao Lu

#18. Churro - Gfx Team - E-Boy Zhongli

#19. sm maid - SM Team - NCT 2020 Wrap-Up: Releases & Achievements

#20. sm maid - Gfx Team - Growing Pains (2020) on Nctflix

#21. 𝕋☹𝔸𝕊𝕋 - Content+ Team - Millions

22. AKID❀KI - Gfx Team - The Portrait Of An Angel

This brings us to the end of The Showcase Event! I’d like to thank all those who have participated in this showcase. We were unsure if this would garner much interest, but I’m just so glad and thankful to see that even non-gamers/non-regular gamers got involved as well! In all, we have received 22 submissions! You’re all amazing and I loved looking through your works and seeing all the different interests and talents.

For those who weren’t able to submit something, you can still show appreciation toward our participants by leaving comments in their threads (linked above)! To encourage this, we’ll be giving out 1 ticket for each submission you leave a comment in (multiple comments for the same submission are counted as one). You can earn up to 10 tickets for doing this. You must link all your comments here in order to earn tickets.

The deadline for this will be Saturday at 2 PM EDT/6 PM UTC/Sunday at 3 AM KST.

That is all. See you next time. Again, thank you and stay blessed!

GFX BY @yerm
PROOFREAD BY @Stannie
FEATURED ARTISTS: Minus (Plus Pal); Par (Plus Pal); and Magi (Plus Pal).

@Gamer Squad

chomp chomp

your heart's not broken, it's only growing
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,500
Pronouns
She/Her

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,581,499
Oh, yeah - the RNG. Due to the number of submissions, I'm going to give out two packs.

The RNG winners for the 1-2 Star +Card Pack are:

Congrats, @OutroTearTheFirst (YOU!) and @𝕋☹𝔸𝕊𝕋! Please confirm whether you'd like the Idol or Anime pack!

hk5T8sf.jpg
... RNG really put me at the bottom of the barrel TWICE in ONE day :sejeongcry: That is just mean rng

yongfilms

Taeyong wanna talk to some BOYS
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,928,757
Pronouns
he but not him cuz i'll never be lee taeyong </3

MONDAY (JUNE 21):
1- A game was hosted on this day. True to its name, Brewing Frenzy, chaos ensued before the game had even started; more specifically, the guest host @sm maid was accused of gold-digging by user @yongfilms and another user also called her a scam for making gamers spend their money on shop+ items they'd never use!

and i was right!
658049192710766614.gif

thank you for this!! have you ever considered joining the social media team your writing is really good :lurk1:

chomp chomp

your heart's not broken, it's only growing
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,500
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, donate to my GoFundMe :somicry:

Last edited:

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭365,350
Pronouns
She/Her

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,203,914
Pronouns
She/Her
Ohhh i need time to see all the submittions but I know they are good. Honestly speaking, people here are really talented👏👏👏

@Stannie you nailed this "In case you missed it"!:shablob:
Thanks to you, i found out that i can ask for the VIP thing:tea2:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,354
Pronouns
She/Her
here are my comments!

Top Bottom