SENSITIVE CONTENT in Kabul people are clinging (and falling to their deaths) from evacution planes + reports of US forces shooting at civilians (graphic)

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

there are reports of US forces opening fire against civilians within the airport

Last edited by a moderator:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭34,900
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
*goes back to kpop bubble to ignore such things are happening*

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
*goes back to kpop bubble to ignore such things are happening*
i can't even begin to understand the levels of desperation and despair these people must be feeling if they are literally climbing to the planes...
the reports of the US army shooting at civilians are really concerning, i think that is something that the general population shouldn't be ignoring :wherearethelies:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭34,900
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
i can't even begin to understand the levels of desperation and despair these people must be feeling if they are literally climbing to the planes...
the reports of the US army shooting at civilians are really concerning, i think that is something that the general population shouldn't be ignoring :wherearethelies:

It's beyond sad. the whole situation is a mess.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Sorry, but I can't blame the US completely for this mess. Billions of dollars was spent on and thousands of lives were lost for Afghanistan. Granted, not all the money reached the people that needed them, because the level of corruption in that country was off the charts. But the main problem was that the majority of the people either resented the Americans or were indifferent. That, and the fact that the warlords and people with power were absolutely corrupt. They had years to prepare for this eventuality, but when push came to shove, they just buckled and ran, or negotiated and saved their own hide. It's a sad situation, but it goes to show that freedom is not free - if you're not willing to fight for it, then you take what comes after. You can't help people who won't help themselves.

It also goes to show that not all societies have the social norms and customs to support what is needed in a democracy. It is not a "truth" that is self-evident. The US mistake was in thinking that if it build the institutions of democracy, then the Afghans will be able to carry on from there. But the concepts of freedom, self-governance, individual rights, etc. are at odds with the religious tribalism that is the cultural norm of that region - there are few "full democracies" there, and many are outright authoritarian.

It was a pipedream from the beginning. They should have left long ago.

Last edited:

MedicationHelps87

Bounced Back 2024 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,488,851
Pronouns
He/Him
I saw this yesterday.

So sad and heartbreaking.

Really reduces one to tears, seeing this desperation and fighting.

Top Bottom