INTERVIEW INTERVIEW: LUNCH

Chococo

your local superheroine Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,338,428
lunch.png

Our Press Team brings you an interview with an amazing R&B singer - LUNCH! She made her debut on September 22nd, 2019 with a single "Bad Bye"featuring OVAN, co-written by the two artists. In 2020, she continued to grace us with even more wonderful songs - "Love Forever" and I Don't Need You. Her single I Don't Need You was a response to OVAN's song "I Need You". And now most recently they both collaborated on another song by the name of "Paris". She also has a YouTube channel where you can check out her cover songs and give some of your love to her. In this interview, we become better acquaintanced with her musical journey, and talk about her inspirations as well as discussing her future plans! The HallyuPlus team is more than excited to share this interview with you users as you also have participated in asking her questions. This is an interview for everyone!

Hello, Lunch! How would you introduce yourself to those who are not familiar with you?
Hi, it's Lunch! I'm a singer and I also write songs for myself and others, too. I have 5 single albums so far and are planning for more pretty soon!

What were your dreams growing up? Did you ever intend to become a singer or were you interested in a different path?
I loved to sing and play guitar since middle school, but I never thought that I could grow up as an artist. Everything was all of a sudden. I was studying Russian [Language] in university when I met my company.

Who is your rolemodel? Do you have any favorite artists who inspired you to pursue a musical path?
I don't have a specific rolemodel, but I really love Billie Eilish, IU, Tori Kelly, Ariana Grande and Yerin Baek. They're musical talent and personalities inspire me a lot. Not only does it matter to be good in music, but also being a good person and an artist is as important, too.

How did your stage name come about? Was it your idea or was it your company who came up with it for you?
Well, 'Lunch' doesn't quite sound like a real name, but it was our company's idea to make it my artist name. Our intention was to make it simple, catchy and easily pronounced. l personally like how I pronounce 'Lunch' and the positive image it gives.

What was the first feeling like when you first stood on the stage?
To be honest, I haven't had much opportunity due to the pandemic, but my first guest stage of Ovan's concert was alot of excitement and enjoyment. I always feel a little anxious right before stage, but that tension doesn't give me fright but energy and spirit. And I think that's what makes me keep wanting to perform on stage!

Do you have any favorite memories with fans? Is there a gift you cherish?
I think by now, all my fans know that I'm really into purple color! Due to that, this one fan started to send me all purple-related suff, like purple teletubby, purple flowers and so on, which I really appreciate and am grateful for.

What do you think makes you stand out? Is there a song of yours you like and has a significant meaning to you?
Thanks to many listeners, "I Don't Need You" has been a turning point of my career. It was a response song to Ovan's "I Need You". And through this song many people started to notice me more and their attention for me as an artist increased. And I'm really grateful for that!

Is there a different music genre you’d like to give a try in the future?
I'm really open to different music genres. Trying jazz based pop, city-pop, and ballad will be exciting though.

Do you prefer working solo, or do you like the dynamic of having a partner to sing with?
I guess it depends on the song that I make. Some types of songs are better expressed in duet and some as solo.

How are you coping as an artist with having most of your time in the Covid-19 period? How do you get your live audience?
I've been non-stop making new songs and singing cover songs to stay in touch with my audiences.

Now let's take a moment away from talking all about music and let's talk more about you! Do you have any funny habits?
I have a funny habit of mixing up languages of English, Korean and Russian while talking to my family. Since, all three of them are my whole life languages, it's pretty easy to get them all mixed up. Haha.

What is your favorite song at the moment you’d like to recommend?
I strongly recommend "Leave The Door Open" by Anderson .Paak, Bruno Mars, and Silk Sonic. Their voices are amazing! Listening to this song makes me so happy and they're so musically talented.

What is your favorite food? Do you know how to cook? And if so, what is your favorite dish to make?
Recently, I'm digging Mexican food, so I made tacos, burritos with nachos and guacamole for myself and my family.

What are your hobbies and interests? How do you like to destress after a long day?
After a long stressful day, I always go do DDR (arcade dance machine) with my mom. I think it's the best stress-releaser!

Do you like to read any books? If so, who are your favorites?
I was in my middle school when I first read To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee, and it's still is my favorite so far.

What is your favorite movie?
My favourite movies are Parasite and Black Panther. Black Panther is my favorite Marvel superhero and will always be.

Do you have any favorite musicals?
My favorties are <Les Misérables> and <The Phantom of the Opera>. All of the songs from these musicals are beautifully well-made and unforgettable. I can sing them by heart.

Where would you like to travel to in the future and why?
If only I could, I would love to go on a Santiago (Chile) pilgrimage route!

Do you have any pets or house plants?
If you ask me about my cute black Persian cat, I could talk about my Nani for hours! She's adorable.

What are your goals and aspirations for 2021? Is there anything you’d like to share with your fans?
This year, I look forward to bring good news for my fans through my album and through social media. I want to be an honest, humble one. A warm musician to encourage my fellow audiences!

Would you like to say something to HallyuPlusers? Thank you so much for accepting this interview and I really wish you all the best in your future career! It was truly a wonderful experience sharing this opportunity with you.
It was my pleasure to talk about myself! It was a quality time for me and I hope it is too for HallyuPlusers' viewers! Thank you for asking me brilliant questions. It was an honour and my joy having this interview.

ib1xI9i.png

GFX BY @yerm
PROOFREAD BY @Polaris_Tae
INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @Chococo

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,112,313
What a lovely and charming young lady. I love her music and have posted it on here. She's so very talented. I thank her for taking time out of her schedule to speak to us about her life and career in the Korean music scene, it was most informative.​

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭720,708
A lovely interview! It's fantastic that she can write her own songs as well as write songs for others :wow:

I also see we have similar taste! The Phantom of the Opera is also one of my fav musicals :poggers:

Last edited:

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭972,220
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't need you such a good song, i'm sure she will release more good songs in the future.
she seems so nice & a talented artist, and the most adorable thing that she's a cat lover too!

BbAETsM.gif

special thanks to sweet chococo for this lovely interview :heartublob:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
She seems like a down-to-earth person. I just browsed through her covers and was pleasantly surprised she did a cover of Way Back Home in Vietnamese. Though I couldn't catch much of what was sung, she still has a nice voice and I appreciate the effort.

Good job, Coco.

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
How did your stage name come about? Was it your idea or was it your company who came up with it for you?
Well, 'Lunch' doesn't quite sound like a real name, but it was our company's idea to make it my artist name. Our intention was to make it simple, catchy and easily pronounced. l personally like how I pronounce 'Lunch' and the positive image it gives.

I'm not familiar with Lunch but her stage name is really cute to me. :heartublob:

Do you have any favorite musicals?
My favorties are <Les Misérables> and <The Phantom of the Opera>. All of the songs from these musicals are beautifully well-made and unforgettable. I can sing them by heart.

For the past week I've been obsessed with The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, I wonder what her favourite song from it is. Same with Les Mis, I really love both musicals :wow:

Thank you for the interview!

Top Bottom