INTERVIEW INTERVIEW: RYU SERA

Chococo

your local superheroine Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,338,528
interview.png

In September 2020, it was announced that Sera will be joining TV show Miss Back. A show where a number of second-generation female singers are given a second chance to comeback! We're so thankful and hope that the light may shine on them forever. One of the contestants is Ryu Sera, who is the former leader and main vocalist of Nine Muses. Sera is currently a solo singer and YouTuber. She has both written and composed songs on each of her solo EPs 'Serenade' and 'Stay Real'. In this interview, we take a walk with her as we talk about her goals and aspirations for 2021, and get a bit personal as we get to know her a bit more! The HallyuPlus PR Team is more than happy with you to share this interview with our community, as all of our wonderful Hallyu+ users participated and left your questions!​

Let’s talk about your solo releases, Serenade and Stay Real! You also both composed and wrote for the songs featured in both EPs. Now looking back, which song you are most proud of and which one speaks to you the most? Which song is the most meaningful to you?

Boda is something I could really enjoy making.
Lullaby is my personal monologue, and it speaks to me the most because I wrote the lyrics as a daughter.

Is there an interesting story you would like to share behind the working process?

I made this album out of fear of becoming forgotten. Surprisingly that was my biggest motive at the time.

What gives you the inspiration to write lyrics?

My hopes and regrets.

Do you sometimes feel challenged musically or creatively? Do you experience a blockage while writing and how do you deal with that? What gives you the motivation to push through?

I personally have a hard time expressing my true emotions straight either in lyrics or in real life. For me to overcome that, I tried many things but I still write lyrics too poetically. I realized that is who I am and I decided to stick with me.

What Sera is to you? How do you see yourself as an artist?

Still very vulnerable. But I think it helps you to become a better artist. I am a very sensitive creator.

What kind of an image would you like to showcase to your fans?

A person whom you can breathe with. Someone you can walk along.

What music concept/styles are you interested in exploring?

Definitely Jazz.

What kind of feelings and messages would you like to deliver with your future music?

A foggy path to uncertain hope. But the road never ends.

What would you like to try and do something that you have not done before?

Still making music at age 33, 34, 35 and so on. Its gonna get harder but doing what I’m doing will be challenging and fun every year.

Are you currently planning a new release? If so, when? And if you are allowed, can you give us insight on what can we expect?

I am still exploring what I like and what I want to say. Next album is gonna have more pieces of me.

What is the most remarkable moment of your career and makes you the happiest to be able to share it with your fans?

I’m happier than ever. So now.

What can we do to support you as fans?

Keep listening to my music. That will do.

How important fans are to you? Do you have any message you’d like to send to your fans?

They literally keep me alive. So I want them to also know that they are precious to me.

What is the most meaningful stage for you that you have ever performed on?

My next one that is not on my calendar yet. I honestly thought I would never perform on stage again.

What is success to you?

Right amount of income, right amount of freedom, and right amount of happiness.

Now let's talk about Miss Back, we’ve been currently watching your road on Miss Back and we’re very proud to see you share your story! What’s your favourite performance what you have done so far?

I like most of my stages except for the first one.

Who would you like to see on the show? Is there any 2nd generation female idol you’d like to do a collaboration on the stage with?

Most definitely Dreamcatcher and 이달의 소녀 (LOONA).

What has been the most difficult thing about returning to the idol industry through an idol reboot show like Miss Back? Did you find it difficult standing on the stage again? What kind of feelings did you meet it with?

Lack of confidence. It hits me hard in the beginning and I let it consume me. ‘I’ am gone but music is still there. Hard to explain this though (lol).

It’s been over a decade since you have joined the industry, do you notice any differences between then and now? Is there something that surprises you?

Characteristics of women changed a lot over the years in a better way. But the competition got harder. There are higher standards and emotionless outputs. I guess everything has positive and negative sides.

Miss Back has been a really interesting show to watch! Do you have any funny or unusual behind-the-scenes stories you can share with us?

The girls visit my house too often. They bring me all sorts of snacks and food. I sometimes feel like I don’t have privacy. But I’m happy!

What do you think you will remember the most from Miss Back once it is over? What kind of experiences are you taking with you?

I met really good life-long friends.

Let's travel back in time! What was your happiest part as a member of 9Muses? Is there a fun story you would like to share with us?

Whenever we went on stages. Performing with the girls was always an amazing experience.

Songs from Nine Muses you like the most and would recommend H+ users to check out?

I really like last scene. But if you prefer something happier, Dolls!

Do you still keep in touch with any 9Muses members?

Yes Yes Yes

What from your perspective were the best and worst aspects of being in an idol group as opposed to being a solo artist? Is there anything you would like to tell for anyone who might be interested in entering the industry? What would be some go-to advice you’d want to give to younger idols in the industry?

I can not give advice because every situation is unique and every company has different atmosphere. Just protect what you value the most.

Let's take a break and talk more about you! 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone across the globe, have you had a chance to attend any “online” concerts or events?

I have. Also, Miss Back crew had an online concert. Definitely feels a bit different but unique

As noted by one of our forum members - Seriously, you are a fan of Dreamcatcher! Are you excited for their upcoming comeback? And as curiously inquired by Seriously, he wants to know if you will be getting an Insomnia cape and lightstick?

I will absolutely get one.

Is there any fun hobbies you’ve been recently into? Do you have any favorite movies or shows you would like to share with us? Do you like to read?

I like reading poems but I like watching animation more... I guess I spend most of my spare time watching them.

What is your favorite type of animals? Do you have any pets?

I like elephants. I don’t have any pets.

If you could borrow one artist’s song and make it your own, whose song you would like to sing?

Earth wind and fire ‘September’.

Do you like to cook? If yes, what’s your favourite meal to make?

I don’t like to cook. I am really bad…

Is there a place you would like to visit in the future?

North Korea once we get reunited.

What is your favorite quality about yourself?

Dorkiness…?

And last but not least - do you have any plans or goals for 2021 you would like to share with us?

I want to release an album, and wanna do one more TV show.

ib1xI9i.png

GFX BY @AKID❀KI
PROOFREAD BY @Polaris_Tae
INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @Chococo

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭42,950
As noted by one of our forum members - Seriously, you are a fan of Dreamcatcher! Are you excited for their upcoming comeback? And as curiously inquired by Seriously, he wants to know if you will be getting an Insomnia cape and lightstick?

I will absolutely get one.
798923065283051539.png

Sera Somnia hwaiting!

Great work Coco and thanks so much to Sera for her time, some interesting answers for sure! :poggers: I particularly liked her definition of success, it'd be my ideal too "Right amount of income, right amount of freedom, and right amount of happiness." I'm still a little low on all 3, but let's work on that.

I hope this will be the first interview of many, Sori noona when :pepesanta:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭81,663
798923065283051539.png

Sera Somnia hwaiting!

Great work Coco and thanks so much to Sera for her time, some interesting answers for sure! :poggers: I particularly liked her definition of success, it'd be my ideal too "Right amount of income, right amount of freedom, and right amount of happiness." I'm still a little low on all 3, but let's work on that.

I hope this will be the first interview of many, Sori noona when :pepesanta:
sera knows you now, congrats :shablob:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Thank you so much for taking time to do this interview, Sera!
As expected, very candid and sincere responses!

Great job on the interview @Chococo !

What is the most remarkable moment of your career and makes you the happiest to be able to share it with your fans?

I’m happier than ever. So now.

This was my favorite question and answer. It makes me happy to see <3

Top Bottom