OTHER Interview with Chimidoro Bunny-chan

nagashiwa

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭148,950
bunny.jpg

INTERVIEW by Kenshin (珠城) (JRNR STAFF)

Chimidoro Bunny-chan, was formed in 2018 and is produced by Kazu Mori the vocalist of Gyoza Daioh who is a high school teacher of the music club of the Hiraoka Hifu High School in Osaka. He helped his students to create original songs and managed the band to be able to play lives and join competitions.

In 2019 the band performed for the first time at a live venue at events such as Yumehane fest / Yaon. Also the band appeared at the same events with bands such as “Oisicle Melonpan” and “Panorama Panama Town”. They won their first national championship at the 9th Toyosato Light Music Koshien 2019, held at Toyosato Elementary School in Shiga Prefecture, which was the setting for the anime “K-ON”. They received the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Award. After that, they won a prize or were the winner of the championship of all the competitions they participated in.

In 2020 they participated in a web-based competition while live performances and competitions were cancelled due to the Corona disaster. They won the national championship for the second time at the 2020 high school student live MUSIC DAYS FINAL, and in those 3 years of high school they performed more than 80 live shows.

On 2021.2.26(Fri)they released their First Digital Single 乙女的シンドローム.

Chimidoro Bunny-chan thank you very much for this interview.

Please tell us how the band was formed.

RARA:
The band was formed by members of my high school’s Music club.

What is the origin of the band’s name?

RARA:
It’s a mix of the impactful “bloody” with the slightly cuter “bunny”!

What kind of music has influenced the band?

RARA:
Since we all like different bands, each member’s arrangements are sometimes based on their favorite bands or idols! Our other vocalist (COCO氏) writes the melody, and depending on the image at the time, we may refer to a reggae song, or pull something from rock, gospel, etc.

Miss.COCO: I was influenced by Polkadot Stingray and Macaroni Enpitsu because they have many unique songs.

What was the reason why you chose the instrument you play now?

RARA:
When we joined the club, we could choose any instrument we would like to play.

Miss.COCO: I loved singing anyway, so I decided to be a vocalist even before I joined the high school music club.

What is the reason why the members decided to unify their costumes?

RARA:
Since the band name has a lot of impact, we unified it so that it will be more memorable!

Also, It seems that Bunny-chan seems to have a hard time wearing her costume, but are there any obstacles?

RARA:
When it’s summer, playing an outdoor LIVE is damn HOT. On the contrary, it’s nicely warm in the winter.

Your music teacher was Kazuo Mori of Gyoza Daioh.

RARA:
Mori-sensei was a ROCK STAR, and he allowed us to do things that we normally wouldn’t have been allowed to do, so we were free to make any music we wanted! Thanks to Mori-sensei, I was able to do a lot of things that I wouldn’t have been able to experience in a normal high school music club. Also I think it helped me to visualize a lot of things when it comes to writing songs.

Miss.COCO: I’ve been Influenced by Mori-sensei’s humility and his willingness; He always says, “Try it out first before saying “I can’t do it”. So I was able to grow as a person as well.

“Otometeki Syndrome” will be released on February 26th. Please explain this song.

RARA:
This song was written when we were in our first year of high school. Back then I got my inspiration from a manga that I was reading at that time, it’s my imagination of how the manga theme song would sound like. I think that everyone would enjoy listening to any part of this song because the sound and tempo are very well-made!

How did you come up with the idea for the music video for “Otometeki Syndrome”?

RARA:
Since it was the last summer of high school for the third-year students, we decided to use the entire school building where we have been for the past three years! The scenario and storyboard had been prepared in consultation with the members, so we were able to communicate the image and change clothes (in different takes) smoothly, and the shooting was completed in one day!

How many songs do you have in your repertoire?

RARA:
About 16 songs.

Do you have any plans to release an album at this point?

RARA:
Not at this time, but we are planning to release it someday!

What are your goals for the future?

RARA:
We will make our major debut and deliver our songs to as many people as possible!

Miss.COCO: Making our major debut!

Please share a message to your fans and readers.

RARA:
Those who have known us since high school, and those who will know us in the future! I’m going to continue to write songs that people from all walks of life can relate to and enjoy! I feel that it is because of your support that I have been able to enjoy being in a band until now. Thank you for your continued support!

Miss.COCO: I’m really grateful to all the people who have always supported us. We will continue to do our best to bring you more and more live shows that you can enjoy, so please give us lots of support!

Top Bottom