It was very hard but I've finally picked my favourite performance!

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
"Momoclo no Nippon Banzai" is a song about visiting prefectures all over Japan. It was originally released after the great earthquake and tsunami that devastated the Tohoku region which was emotionally performed during concerts. Fast-forward several years and a new version was made based on the song. At first I had my doubts about this new "Momoclo no Reiwa Banzai" as I was so used to the original, but that all changed when I saw the performance below. The new song is completely changed up and added a lot of quirky parts to an originally quite simple song. This also makes for an even more fun and dynamic performance than the original!

So I pick this performance as it made me love a song I first ignored. It's also just a really fun performance :shablob:

And as a honorable mention I have to add this performance of one of Momoclo's greatest and most terrifying summer songs. It even mentions camps!*

* Bonus points please

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Quick question: why do you hate me and make me translate all these really tedious songs?

Like I'm not that mad because it's at least not my 17th Elephant Kashimashi song, but your list of requests is... :seungfail:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Quick question: why do you hate me and make me translate all these really tedious songs?

Like I'm not that mad because it's at least not my 17th Elephant Kashimashi song, but your list of requests is... :seungfail:
A small part of it is on purpose, but I'll stop requesting since you don't like it.

But the main reason is that I can't tell if a song has interesting lyrics or not since I don't speak Japanese. So I just suggest translations when I listen to a song, wonder what they're singing and can't find a translation. I'd rather ask for a translation of a song like Sweet of Sweet over songs I like more such as Trendy Girl or Jump, since I don't expect there to be anything interesting in those songs' lyrics. They're just (good) songs with nothing that stands out from the perspective of someone who doesn't speak the language.

I was thinking these songs made for easier translations since they don't really have fully formed sentences but come to think of it that might also make it less rewarding for you, so I'll consider my suggestions more in the future. Also for my latest suggestion feel free to ignore it if you want. I can probably figure out most of it with some inspection of the lyrics.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
A small part of it is on purpose, but I'll stop requesting since you don't like it.

But the main reason is that I can't tell if a song has interesting lyrics or not since I don't speak Japanese. So I just suggest translations when I listen to a song, wonder what they're singing and can't find a translation. I'd rather ask for a translation of a song like Sweet of Sweet over songs I like more such as Trendy Girl or Jump, since I don't expect there to be anything interesting in those songs' lyrics. They're just (good) songs with nothing that stands out from the perspective of someone who doesn't speak the language.

I was thinking these songs made for easier translations since they don't really have fully formed sentences but come to think of it that might also make it less rewarding for you, so I'll consider my suggestions more in the future. Also for my latest suggestion feel free to ignore it if you want. I can probably figure out most of it with some inspection of the lyrics.

Nah I'm mostly joking. NMB was the most tiresome, but I would much rather have something different and a little challenging, especially if there aren't other good translations out there for it. It's just that you, out of everyone who requests, always go for the different and challenging. Request what you want. I'm happy to be of service.

For what it's worth, though, Jump has really pretty lyrics.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Nah I'm mostly joking. NMB was the most tiresome, but I would much rather have something different and a little challenging, especially if there aren't other good translations out there for it. It's just that you, out of everyone who requests, always go for the different and challenging. Request what you want. I'm happy to be of service.

For what it's worth, though, Jump has really pretty lyrics.

The common feature of my requests have been that I see them as a way to also learn a bit more since the songs have references to Japanese locations/culture. Although this version of the song seems to have a lot of other references (songs, people they work with, two names for tuna...) so there's quite a few parts I understand, and the chorus is what it is.

Jump actually has translated lyrics online, I'll remember to check the video.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
The common feature of my requests have been that I see them as a way to also learn a bit more since the songs have references to Japanese locations/culture.

And do you feel more enlightened about Japanese tap water? Because I sure do. Their water propaganda worked!

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
And do you feel more enlightened about Japanese tap water? Because I sure do. Their water propaganda worked!
I've forgotten every single fact but I left with a vague understanding and a feeling of appreciation for their water system!

So basically like any school subject

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I've forgotten every single fact but I left with a vague understanding and a feeling of appreciation for their water system!

So basically like any school subject

You have a quiz on Nippon Banzai on Thursday.

Top Bottom