Izone d-word predictions

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
What it says on the tin. I debated for the while the order of this but I'm just gonna go with the "voting" order but with the same company girls grouped together, for obvious reasons.

1. Wonyoung & Yujin
xofficial_izone-1230853293426872320-ERTeirsUwAAYUgl.jpeg.keep.fff.png.pagespeed.ic.RKkkpkPn5b.jpg

It's clear that these two are gonna debut in Starship's new gg together. WJSN is approaching their 5th year, Cravity just debuted, and Starship as a company has the means to properly create and promote a new group.

My speculation/ideal for the group itself is that it'll be small 4-6, both so the Izone girls get a lot of shine but also so as not to overlap with WJSN who are only going up and who Starship would be dumb to try to replace. I think Park Sun will definitely debut with them given her mv appearance and the fact that she's the only female trainee introduced on the Starshipz twitter. Since Gahyeon left the only other known trainee is Fu Jia a.k.a Lil Reta who is a Chinese trainee that competed on Youth By You. I'm a bit more skeptical of her inclusion both because of her active insta (@lil_reta), weibo, and soundcloud. She does seem to still be a trainee since she posted on her insta story a pic of her in the Highline training room (Highline being Starships hiphop subsidiary). This makes me think she's more likely for debut under Highline, but who knows. She certainly has a very different vibe than the other 3.

Concept-wise I think based on the 3 confirmed members cute is the way to go. This doesn't overlap with with WJSN as they've always been more elegant dream-pop than in your face cute (with some exceptions) and with a ngg their image will only mature more. I see the new group toeing the line between Twice and Early Sistar just very bright fun bops I think with a little bit of teen crush as well, not in terms of noise but in terms of lyrics...*chefs kiss*

Here's how I imagine the lineup will look.
if 4
Wonyoung: Center, Visual, Lead Dancer
Yujin: Lead Vocal, Main Dancer
Sun: Rapper
+1 main vocal
if 5 they can add a Exy level rapper (possibly Reta), if 6 add a hidden stan attractor who will make people interested in more than just the produce girls (like what Yeonhee is doing for RCPC atm) possibly a foreigner assuming Reta's not the rapper.

2. J-Line
h3c6ug9me5v11.jpg

These girls are probably the ones who's future careers are the most up in the air rn and I also don't have much of a idea. One thing I will say for certain is that they won't return to their respective 48 groups, regardless of your personal opinion on these groups, it is pretty clear that they are too small of a pond for the girls return to without causing a lot of ruckus. The closest thing I can think would be them debuting as a group under one of AKB's many affiliate companies (three48? lol) Japan certainly loves a trio and they could even do the occasional Korean release. Unfortunately it seems more likely to me that they'll all go their separate ways. Some might sign with nugu companies in sk and debut solo or in a group or do the same in Japan,
I don't think they'll sign w any other izone members companies sadly as most seem to have set plans maybe 8D or stone but I doubt it
some might catch actress/influencer disease and not be idols anymore. I guess my conclusion is I'm as clueless as anyone else. Hoping for the best!
Edit: they will obviously have to return to the groups initially but I don't see them staying v long except maybe Nako

3. Yuri
37236d3d5cf3bdc7d95f9dcc9f6d9fbc.jpg

Initially after p48 it seemed as though Stone was planning a partnership ship with Pledis given the infamous sighting of Kirins + Stone gang along with management at a coffee shop along with a photo of Yunjin with stone trainees. However, these plans clearly fell through with Kaeun leaving and now something seems to have fallen through again with the remaining Stone girls leaving one after another: Haein, Sian, and Natty. This leaves only Eunyoung as a possible trainee and even then she hasn't been seen since produce and could of left quietly. While it's possible the gg is hidden trainees given this recent exodus I think Stone has scrapped the gg and Yuri is gonna go solo. She certainly has the talent vocally and dance wise. Whether they'll actually utilize her dance skills or just go the easy route of having her do ballads we'll see. I hope she doesn't just do sad stuff though, we deserve another I will show you by Ailee and I think she could deliver.

4. Yena
Choi-Yena-in-an-Instagram-selfie-as-seen-in-January-2019.jpg

She's joining Everglow. Anyone who thinks she's not is just lying to themselves. Like, sure maybe she could pull a Somi and leave Yuehua but as long as she's under YH she's joining. Sure she has the skills to go solo but she works much better in group and her variety skills would be huge asset to giving Everglow a strong domestic fanbase (something they don't have atm). And they certainly aren't gonna make another group with younger trainees when Yena's already the same age as the 2nd oldest member + is already friends with the members, and no Starship and Yuehua aren't gonna make another gg together. They aren't even collaborating on WJSN anymore, why on earth would they try again. "But EG already is doing well and has a established fanbase!!!" that's the point...lol which of the post ioi groups did the best? wjsn. Which the post-ioi groups debuted around the same time as ioi so when the ioi member joined they had roughly the same amount of stage-experience? wjsn. It's not complicated logic, I'm sure Yena knows this and has been practicing behind the scenes. The 7 planet imagery in their debut and obvious gaps in formations are not coincidences and the reason the Mia is main dancer and sub-rapper as well as main vocal is because she's holding onto the first positions for Yena. Anyways I hope this subset of fans I keep seeing get over their hatred for this idea, cause it's happening. Can't wait to see her do the Dun Dun dance break!

5. Eunbi & Chaewon
5a7ccc71e71915e16dc7c9642bd76bc5.png

So unfortunately, as sweet as their relationship is I think these two will separate after Izone, i;e: Chaewon will join Rocket Punch and Eunbi will go solo. Throughout Produce one of Eunbi's main appeals was her ability as leader, supporting the younger girls throughout the show and eventually becoming Izone's leader. Rocket Punch doesn't have any official positions except leader (Yeonhee). You'd think if Eunbi were to join Rocket Punch she'd obviously be the leader what with being the oldest, having two debuts under her belt, and experience being a leader. However Yeonhee being assigned the position when none other has been assigned and they could very easily go leader-less implies that the position is for keeps. Idk it would just be very strange for Eunbi to go from the leader of one of the biggest gg for 2 1/2 years to being lead by a girl 5 years her junior and who's technically her hoobae. Adding both girls would make the group 8 and most companies tend to avoid having two same number same gender groups at the same time. And honestly? do y'all really want Eunbi to be stuck in group with a girl a decade younger than her singing about Juice and Bouncy Balls and have to wait til she's literally 30 to do something sexy? I don't. I think out of all the girls she has the most potential to hit Chungha or Sunmi levels as a solo artist but they have to do while she's still an it-girl, don't make Rocket Punch another GGD with Eunbi as Sejeong pls.

As for why Chaewon will be added I don't think the cost-benefit analysis lines up to favor her going solo or debuting as duo with Eunbi. The profit both her and Juri would make in Japan alone justifies her inclusion imo. Also I feel a lot of Suyun's parts in songs were written for someone with a higher range...

6. Hyewon
Kang-Hyewon-in-a-selfie-in-February-2019.jpg

So it seems like 8D was originally planning a girl group with Hyewon however, their only known trainee (Go Yujin) has left leaving them in a similar case as Stone. The question of whether or not Hyewon should debut in a group depends on whether or not she wants to be a idol, because while she has improved I don't think she's on the level to support a solo music career. In my opinion it seems like she enjoys going on variety shows, vlive, interacting with fans, and doing shoots more than she enjoys singing and dancing. So I believe it'd be best for her to go solo as a model/influencer/actress she could still do music occasionally just not as her main career. She is the Sohye of the group after all it only makes sense for her to go the Sohye route.

7. Minju
b6a4182b571d5db3ae5e843047a25ae8.jpg

Now many fans are concerned about Minju's future at Urban Works for reasons listed in this thread. Now I will say I actually think Urban Works is actually making the right decision in terms of not debuting a gg. I think if you're a company as small as them and you have a famous trainee it's best to put your eggs in one basket rather than spend the extra money in training and housing a gg unless you have a very clear creative vision, my problems are w everything else. I think Minju actually has improved enough to go solo, sure she's not a Chungha but she could definitely be a Somi if given the right material. I hope her company doesn't force acting on her since she does seem to have a passion for performing, I mean if they were willing to pay for her place in the group surely they can buy a song and couple back-dancers right? right?

Anyways my main concern is for Kriesha bc even if Minju's an actress it's not the end of the world for her really she'd still have her memories of Izone and she also enjoys acting as far as I can tell. Kriesha, on the other hand it seems they are slowly trying to push out. I can only hope that Urban Works sees the Irene & Seulgi promotions and gets inspired as it does seem like they were genuinely toying with the duo idea at some point with their predebut content showing them as a package-deal. So yeah, Minju probably solo as either singer or actress but I'm hoping for the duo for Kriesha's sake.

8. Chaeyeon
059a4d8ad6335841937e9566262ef538.jpg

Last but not least Chaeyeon! I know a lot of people want her to go solo but it seems that's not gonna be the case. WM doesn't have a good record with soloists and while she has the skill the idol world is superficial and her visual might hold her back and I don't see WM risking it. It seemed until recently that the group would be 6 now however recently it seems they added a new trainee (Nakyung?) if anyone has info on her let me know. Concept wise I think it's pretty obvious they'll be girl-crush to parallel OMG, though I'm interested in what spin they'll put on it to make the group stand out.

Anyways what'd you guys think? Are your predictions different than mine? What girl are you most looking-forward to post-Izone?

Last edited:
S

Some

Yup the starship girls are definitely debuting in a new girl group & chaewon is for sure joining RP and eunbi is going solo if not acting , hyewon is taking the sohye route for sure and its about time WM debuts female juniors for OMG chaeyeon can 1Billion percent go solo but unlike the idols from previous seasons that became solo artists her company isn't small and the girls for the next gg are pretty much decided and last time i checked she's on good terms with them so instead of her going solo and gaining sucsesa alone she can be in a team and WM will earn more money and i dont think her visual is a problem chaeyoung got hate because it was a rookie group that was marketed as " perfect girls who have it all " so haters got away with it and made some noise for a while when itzy just debuted but look at chungha she is stunning of course but she isn't the ideal korean visual she's more of the type that westerns like but they couldnt shit talk her because she was popular and from a successful group/show so there was no chance for idiots to speak i think it'll be the same for chaeyeon tbh stupid people like that just shit talk for fun and if they feel they have a chance they say something and if they dont they dont. It depends on the idol chaeyoung was a rookie so she felt got affected chaeyeon got stronger she isnt the same girl she used to be when she was in jyp. But like i said its pretty much decided she'll debut in a group and its better that way for WM either way we'll defnietly see her again on stage which makes me glad. I didn't know about yuri and minju's company situation now that i read this i can see yuri taking the kim jaehwan route tbh now that i think about it she isnt fit to be in a girl group shes better of solo and she has the skills to do so and minju is getting acting for sure either that or a miracle happens and that minju kriesha duo ends up happening or minju leaves her company. Also didnt know that much about yuehua i thought there is a possibility for a new gg or yena solo but again you convincied me shes better off in everglow and this way the group will be more balanced and mia will rest a bit. But i'm afraid we'll get another gugudan by adding her same with chaeyeon being added to wm new gg. Sakura,hitomi and nako the biggest mystery . Japan loves their trios right but thats the old days i cant think of a 3 member girl group that is still active except perfume it very rare to see a trio these days if you do they are either underground or they used to be a bigger group but most of the members graduated. If they decide to comeback their company will defnietly push them like how they centered an akb single before officialy debuting in izone. Let's start with the hkt girls hkt48 is a mess popular members continue to leave one after another and the pressure became all on one girl they are pushing a new girl as a center but she's still not as popular they need sakura and nako , sakura and nako are still very close with hkt but for sakura a 1st generation ace most of her gen mates left only a few left and people who she was active with in akb senbatsu like ske48 and former produce48 contestant matsui jurina are leaving if she's coming back i can see her staying for a little while she still has some friends left in hkt its rude to just leave them for korea and then comeback and say bye im not coming back she needs to gain her postion as one of japans top idols/celebrtes back she still popular because pf izone put izone as a whole is more popular than her she used to be way bigger then maybe half a year later or a year tops she's breaking off into acting she has always said her dream is to be an actress she clearly enjoyed her activites in korea more than japan for sure but i think its mostly because of the izone girls and that its just a regular gg they dont have a system like 48 groups but i can see her signing with an agency that lets her do acting not just in japan but in korea also . Nako just got huge right before produce then she left and the pressure is on her bestfriend and same gen mate tanaka miku to carry the group i never heard she wants to act or do anything else so shes for sure coming back her bestfriend is waiting for her to not comeback would be stupid she isnt sakura an ace that has been doing this for 9 years she just got popular before izone and izone made her more popular she can comeback now that hkt are in a better company lead the group with her bestfriend and think of her new path along the way to go off alone would be dangerous , i think im not sure they sakura,nako told miku they are coming back she implied that when she was reading a letter she wrote to them in her solo concert and before they left sakura said she wanted to do izone and hkt at the same time so yeah . Hitomi was an unknown team8 member and produce made her huge going alone would be dangerous if shes not coming back and becoming team8's new ace i can see a korean company signing her . This is what i think but you never know i mean seeing the men from season 2&4 lots of people i didnt expect to go solo went solo and some people joined groups so who knows
Edit : it took me a while to figure out what you mean by d word 🤣

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭160,450
I have the same opinion overrall :

- Starship NGG with Yujin and Wonyoung, next year WJSN will be in their 6th year so it's time to debut a NGG
- Chaeyeon with WM's NGG, I think she's better in a group for now and Oh My Girl will be in their 6th year next year
- Yena to Everglow, with 7 members they will finally complete their choreography and add things who were lacking from the group
- Chaewon to Rocket Punch I'm 100% sure. For Eunbi I believe she will go solo but I won't be shocked if she joins RP . However that means she will likely to take the leader position and we'll have 10 years gap between her and Dahyun.

And the unknowns because we aren't really sure :

- Yuri : at first I thought she would join the rumored, speculated Stone x Pledis NGG with Sian, Eunyoung, Natty, etc. But Sian probably left as she was spotted in D1CE's MV, Natty debuted solo (but she still can debut in a group later however) and Heo Yunjin is missing. Of course she can go solo but I rather prefer her to be in a group.
- J-line : Hitomi and Nako are still young enough to return in their respective Japanese group. Sakura may graduate and why not join a Korean label like Juri and Miyu did ?
- Hyewon and Minju : nothing sure. 8D had trainees but some left like Go Yujin so I don't know if they still plan to debut a NGG. Both can become full time actress and model, leaving behing their idol career like Sohye did.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
But i'm afraid we'll get another gugudan by adding her same with chaeyeon being added to wm new gg. Sakura,hitomi and nako the biggest mystery . Japan loves their trios right but thats the old days i cant think of a 3 member girl group that is still active except perfume it very rare to see a trio these days if you do they are either underground or they used to be a bigger group but most of the members graduated. If they decide to comeback their company will defnietly push them like how they centered an akb single before officialy debuting in izone. Let's start with the hkt girls hkt48 is a mess popular members continue to leave one after another and the pressure became all on one girl they are pushing a new girl as a center but she's still not as popular they need sakura and nako , sakura and nako are still very close with hkt but for sakura a 1st generation ace most of her gen mates left only a few left and people who she was active with in akb senbatsu like ske48 and former produce48 contestant matsui jurina are leaving if she's coming back i can see her staying for a little while she still has some friends left in hkt its rude to just leave them for korea and then comeback and say bye im not coming back she needs to gain her postion as one of japans top idols/celebrtes back she still popular because pf izone put izone as a whole is more popular than her she used to be way bigger then maybe half a year later or a year tops she's breaking off into acting she has always said her dream is to be an actress she clearly enjoyed her activites in korea more than japan for sure but i think its mostly because of the izone girls and that its just a regular gg they dont have a system like 48 groups but i can see her signing with an agency that lets her do acting not just in japan but in korea also . Nako just got huge right before produce then she left and the pressure is on her bestfriend and same gen mate tanaka miku to carry the group i never heard she wants to act or do anything else so shes for sure coming back her bestfriend is waiting for her to not comeback would be stupid she isnt sakura an ace that has been doing this for 9 years she just got popular before izone and izone made her more popular she can comeback now that hkt are in a better company lead the group with her bestfriend and think of her new path along the way to go off alone would be dangerous , i think im not sure they sakura,nako told miku they are coming back she implied that when she was reading a letter she wrote to them in her solo concert and before they left sakura said she wanted to do izone and hkt at the same time so yeah . Hitomi was an unknown team8 member and produce made her huge going alone would be dangerous if shes not coming back and becoming team8's new ace i can see a korean company signing her . This is what i think but you never know i mean seeing the men from season 2&4 lots of people i didnt expect to go solo went solo and some people joined groups so who knows
In the case of WM girls I know Yongin did some acting in 2019 so that shows at least some sign of an attempt to market the group outside of Chaeyeon, I'm sure Hyunseo will get shine as a visual, and Chaewon is good enough to be main dancer even next to Chaeyeon so I hope they'll push them both although that doesn't always happen (see Yoojung and Lua). But Chaeyeon's in a position where she might be main vocal, main dancer, and leader so the potential for outshining is high. As for Everglow things were already uneven (poor Onda...) so I don't think Yena changes much as I said in my thread I think a concept shift might help with that but I doubt YH will do that. As for the 48 girls I think you are right that they will have to go back at least for a while. I just don't see them staying long maybe 2 years for the younger ones and probably only a few months for Sakura.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I have the same opinion overrall :

- Chaewon to Rocket Punch I'm 100% sure. For Eunbi I believe she will go solo but I won't be shocked if she joins RP . However that means she will likely to take the leader position and we'll have 10 years gap between her and Dahyun.

And the unknowns because we aren't really sure :

- Yuri : at first I thought she would join the rumored, speculated Stone x Pledis NGG with Sian, Eunyoung, Natty, etc. But Sian probably left as she was spotted in D1CE's MV, Natty debuted solo (but she still can debut in a group later however) and Heo Yunjin is missing. Of course she can go solo but I rather prefer her to be in a group.
Idk I just think changing the leader would be very awkward after it was the only official position, also adding 1/4 of the group late is a much more difficult adjustment than 1/7. So I hope Woolim will use their braincells and make Eunbi solo, but you're right that it's still possible.

Yes Natty is still technically under a Stone subsidiary so it's possible that her solo debut was just a marketing technique, but I still think a solo is more likely atm.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭160,450
Idk I just think changing the leader would be very awkward after it was the only official position, also adding 1/4 of the group late is a much more difficult adjustment than 1/7. So I hope Woolim will use their braincells and make Eunbi solo, but you're right that it's still possible.

Yes Natty is still technically under a Stone subsidiary so it's possible that her solo debut was just a marketing technique, but I still think a solo is more likely atm.

Elris did add 2 members 3 years later, it worked fine for them and they had 5 members. And one of them was Chaejeong, unfamously known on P48, everything seems okay now as far I as know.
But I'm with you, I prefer Eunbi to go solo. Even if they are all close, I feel for Yeonhee losing her position in that case.

We'll see what will happen. For now I'll enjoy the time remaining IZONE still have :heartpar:

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
i feel that chaeyeon would probably debut as a soloist :wootonew:
Yeah she definitely could be, I just feel that if that were the case they would have already debuted the other girls by now but it seems as though they are waiting + they marketed her as a gg member along with the other 6 since she joined so...

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
UPDATE: 8D just announced a gg that Hyewon will likely join. I have no idea what subscription based means, I hope they thought everything through and they'll stand out bc I rly don't think Hyewon alone has the draw to carry a generic gg with how incredibly saturated the market is rn..

Top Bottom