J-pop singer RUANN to make her Korean debut

davidguy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭121,910

The 16-year-old Japanese singer is set to debut in Korea with her first digital single set to release on July 31. The song is produced by Black Eyed Pilseung with choreography by 1MIllion Dance Studio’s Lia Kim.

RUANN initially gained recognition from busking when she was 13 and soon after provided the ending theme for the anime “Sangatsu no Lion (March Comes in Like a Lion)” as well as the theme song for the movie “Anemone Eureka 7 High Evolution”.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Good luck to her. Glad to see talent crossings going both ways. If kpop idols can sing in Japanese and perform in Japan, I don't see any reason why jpop idols can't sing in Korean and perform in SK.

Tootsiebay

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,150
Good luck to her. Glad to see talent crossings going both ways. If kpop idols can sing in Japanese and perform in Japan, I don't see any reason why jpop idols can't sing in Korean and perform in SK.

IZ*ONE, Rocket Punch and Honey Popcorn have entered the chat.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
IZ*ONE, Rocket Punch and Honey Popcorn have entered the chat.
Yes, I'm well aware of all of them, including several others like Nature and GWSN. The difference is that Ruann is a soloist, and if I'm not mistaken intends to also solo in SK. I can't think of any other Japanese singer / idol with a solo career in SK.

Reverie

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,075
YUKIKA is a Japanese soloist who debuted in Korea this year as well.

KangNam (Yasuo Namekawa) and Rui Watanabe are also Japanese singers who have had solo releases outside their groups.

Top Bottom