Japanese media reports IZ*ONE may not attend this year's 'Kōhaku Uta Gassen' due to the Mnet/Produce voting scandals

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Maybe it's for the best. Just give some time to assess the situation better. Emotions are too high at the moment. Sadly the timing has been horrible.

Yun

僕たちは戦わない 愛を信じてる Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,380
They were not even invited yet tho :TzuyuKek:

GNexus999

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,100
This is another unsourced clickbait trash article from the same people who "reported" that the member agencies were seriously discussing disbandment. Japanese media has been 100% on the group's side in this, pointing the blame squarely at CJ and saying the group is being unfairly blamed/victimized by Korean media despite being kids who have no control over anything that may have happened. There have been NO reports out of Japan about this like the title claims.

lingyi

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭73,925
They were not even invited yet tho :TzuyuKek:

+1

The invitee list is usually announced mid to late November and hasn't been for the 70th Kouhaku Uta Gassen (2020) yet. The announcement will be all over Japanese news when it happens. Whether IZ*ONE appears or not will be a blip on the scale of the announcement of the others invited, especially since Twice has appeared appropriately twice!

Last edited:
S

Some

Are they big enough to be there ? I know they are popular but they are not twice level popular in japan so i dont know if they should be invited in the first place they have a decent fandom but i dont know if they have achived big things like twice

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Are they big enough to be there ? I know they are popular but they are not twice level popular in japan so i dont know if they should be invited in the first place they have a decent fandom but i dont know if they have achived big things like twice
I think you could make an argument for them but it's not like their a shoe-in or anything. Among Korean groups, Twice and BTS are clearly more popular and maybe Seventeen too.

lingyi

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭73,925
Kohaku Uta Gassen is a tradition (70 years and counting) and is a conservative program. Current popularity isn't the only factor for being invited. Traditionally artists chosen were those that best represent Japanese music and culture. Some enka (traditional Japanese) singers have been appearing for decades. And while there have been non-Japanese artists who appeared over the decades, notably BoA, TVXQ and of course Twice representing Kpop, it's largely limited to Japanese artists. Once the scandal broke, there was no way IZ*ONE would be invited. Anyway, the selection is over.

Top Bottom