MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653

Breaking: Jimin Leaves AOA

Jul 4, 2020
by E. Cha

FNC Entertainment has announced that Jimin will be leaving AOA.
On July 4, the agency released the following statement:​
This is FNC Entertainment.
First, we would like to apologize for causing concern to many people through the events related to Jimin that have been unfolding recently.
From this moment forth, Jimin has decided to leave AOA and halt all of her activities in the entertainment industry.
Additionally, our agency accepts responsibility for this entire situation, and we will put our full focus on managing our artists [in the future]. Once again, we apologize for causing concern through these unfortunate matters.​
Source (1)​

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭162,100
Not surprised, FNC and Jimin didn't have any option other than this one

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,400
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
the fact that FNC accepted responsibility this fast is pretty damning... how much did they know? for how long? The sad thing is this has gone on many times before, and it going on right now. Mina was always a glowing ball of energy on stage and on programs. This is a window into how things can really be. We can only hope that this will serve as (yet another) wake up call to mental health in the industry.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
Only just caught up after being 'away' from k-pop for a while.
Jimin was my bias in AOA, now she's trash to me.

I despise bullies.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,850
Pronouns
she/her
Can I listen to AOA songs now?

Bye 👋

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Damn...I sorta expected it, but it still made me gasp a little when I saw the headline. The right thing to do, honestly. At least someone at FNC realized it, even if they did it to protect whatever is left of AOA.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Should have been handled long ago. All this could have been avoided by responsible and competent management. FNC is also to blame.
I wish it was about competency, but it's worse...it's about acceptable norms. The kind of bullying Mina faced is still so prevalent there, and Jimin being the eldest is probably the reason why nothing was done about it. There's just too many instances of people being abused or taken advantage of because they lacked position or power, and too many examples of others being passive bystanders because going against your seniors is unacceptable. Makes you wonder exactly how pervasive this is in the rest of society that people are still so hesitant to step in and intervene until it's too late.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭162,100
I wish it was about competency, but it's worse...it's about acceptable norms. The kind of bullying Mina faced is still so prevalent there, and Jimin being the eldest is probably the reason why nothing was done about it. There's just too many instances of people being abused or taken advantage of because they lacked position or power, and too many examples of others being passive bystanders because going against your seniors is unacceptable. Makes you wonder exactly how pervasive this is in the rest of society that people are still so hesitant to step in and intervene until it's too late.

As you said that goes deeper, it's part of how they live, how their system work. how this industry work, their norms. They are many others Minas and Jimins.

According to some comments I've read Mina did say one unnie spoke up for her (maybe during that time where her father was very ill) but that ended badly and nobody never tried again. The only members older than Mina are Choa, Jimin and Yuna, Hyejeong being the same age as her. I believe it was Choa who did it and maybe that was part of the reasons who made her leave the group. They were too scared because it was their leader and the second eldest of the group.

Top Bottom