Justin timberlake apologizes to Britney Spears & janet jackson

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,700
spacer.png

Justin Timberlake says he's remorseful over the unkind things he said about Britney Spears after their breakup ... and while he's at it he also apologizes to Janet Jackson.

Justin posted his apology, which reads, "I specifically want to apologize to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson both individually, because I care for and respect these women and I know I failed."

spacer.png spacer.png

He goes on to place the blame more broadly on show biz ... "The industry is flawed. It sets men, especially white men, up for success. It's designed this way. As a man in a privileged position I have to be vocal about this ... I have not been perfect in navigating all of this throughout my career. I know this apology is a first step and doesn't absolve the past."

As you know ... Justin and Britney's infamous relationship began way back in the early '90s when they were both stars on the revived 'Mickey Mouse Club,' and their puppy love blossomed years later as their popularity soared.

The 2 went public with their relationship in 1999 as Britney's "Baby One More Time" was skyrocketing and Justin was with NSYNC. When they broke up, there were rumors posted that shecheated on Justin, and Justin went on a radio show and bragged about taking Britney's virginity.He also targeted her in his hit, "Cry Me a River."

As for Janet Jackson ... he never stepped up todefend her after the wardrobe malfunction during the Super Bowl.

Source

Ash3070

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭839,143
Call me crazy for doubting the sincerity of his apology when it comes nearly 20 years late and only after he begins to face some public consequences for his mistreatment of these women.
Also, it always annoys me to see that Janet Jackson clip referred to as a 'wardrobe malfunction'. He obviously pulls it off and the lyric he's singing is 'I'll have you naked by the end of this song. As far as I've always seen it, he did it on purpose for the headlines it would create.

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050
His PR team doing wonders for him right now. The jerk only apologised because of how much attention it's getting right now. If he was really sincere about it, he'd have apologised years ago.

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
Also, it always annoys me to see that Janet Jackson clip referred to as a 'wardrobe malfunction'. He obviously pulls it off and the lyric he's singing is 'I'll have you naked by the end of this song. As far as I've always seen it, he did it on purpose for the headlines it would create.
I think the story was that he was supposed to pull something off, but that it would still leave her breast covered.
You can see something red underneath the corset, so I guess that was supposed to be still over her breast as he tore the outer part away.

What I do not understand was why people cared that much about a woman's breast.
Violence and nutters on TV is no problem, but a woman's breast was the end of the world. Why does a woman have to be ashamed because men are turned on by it?
That was the most misogynist part.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, because there have been naked people on TV for decades here.

Top Bottom