[KB] Big Hit To Hold First Concert With All Sublabels—But It Clashes With One Of The Biggest Events Of The Year

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,200
G53di2vLCTNR4yBFXudoMHD_WNaPu-0AGlNCwTR2L8zjoDnC9FL3vsSWZwz0yvPdyGAgmQVdgsqY7iJ4J2Q6BzFHHb3HOER3=w640-rj-l80-nu-e365

Today, Big Hit Labels announced a new upcoming online and offline concert featuring artists from all of Big Hit Entertainment‘s subsidiary agencies. There’s just one catch: it’s going to clash with one of the biggest events of the year.

According to Big Hit Labels’s announcement, the 2021 New Year’s Eve Live will be presented by Weverse on December 31 this year. The concert is set to start on New Year’s Eve and carry through to a countdown at midnight (Korean standard time). Alongside the online broadcast, the agency has also planned an offline concert with limited seating, subject to government regulations.

The 2021 New Year’s Eve Live will be the company’s first ever concert to include artists from all its subsidiary labels: Pledis Entertainment, Source Music, and BE:LIFT Lab. The first lineup reveal includes NU’EST and upcoming rookie group ENHYPEN, with the rest of the roster announcements coming on November 11 and November 12.

Of course, fans are already expecting to see GFRIEND, SEVENTEEN, TXT, and BTS at the show.

The online concert is a dream come true for any fan of Big Hit Labels’s groups, but there is one catch. The 2021 New Year’s Eve Live is set to clash with one of the biggest events of the year: MBC‘s year end festival, MBC Gayo Daejejeon.

MBC Gayo Daejejeon has been held annually almost every year since 1966. Originally created as an awards show, the festival event became a multi-artist New Year’s Eve concert with no awards from 2005. In the past, it’s played host to many Big Hit Labels artists—including BTS, who last performed in 2018.

However, after BTS declined to attend MBC Gayo Daejejeon in 2019 in favor of performing on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve in the U.S., things changed.

After TXT and GFRIEND were also found missing from 2019’s MBC lineup, netizens and insiders accused the network of gapjil (abuse of power). Claims arose that MBC had blocked other Big Hit Labels artists from attending the year-end festival as “revenge” for Big Hit Entertainment pulling BTS (and thus, ARMY viewership) from the concert. Since then, Big Hit Labels groups have also stopped performing on MBC’s music show, Show! Music Core.

The fact that it’s become difficult for any artist related to Big Hit Entertainment to appear on MBC is well known throughout the industry.

— Industry insider

As such, fans of Big Hit Labels groups are naming the 2021 New Year’s Eve Live a true “power move”.

With so many popular groups likely to perform at Big Hit Labels’s event, some fans even believe it could out-view the popular MBC Gayo Daejejeon. This is likely to depend on ticket prices for the 2021 New Year’s Eve Live, as MBC’s festival is free to view.

Of course, while the online concert is a blessing for fans of BTS, TXT, GFRIEND, and more, it’s also a bummer for “multi” fans who will be forced to choose which event to tune into on December 31st.

Source

honestly as a low key fan of bts it’s f*cking hilarious that MBC thinks banning everyone under big hit labels would do anything.

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
I hate that. They choose a bigger stage and you punish them so they are hitting back harder, but on the other hand a lot of smaller groups will get their chance to shine.

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,683,631
However, after BTS declined to attend MBC Gayo Daejejeon in 2019 in favor of performing on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve in the U.S., things changed.

i actually thot armys was joking when they said this is the reason why bighit groups cant perform in MBC, bcs thats just such a teenager pettiness behavior

and ur right idk why other bighit groups got blacklisted too TT

I hate that. They choose a bigger stage and you punish them so they are hitting back harder, but on the other hand a lot of smaller groups will get their chance to shine.

but bts dynamite keeps on winning on music core so i dont really understand that, if they gonna blacklist bighit groups from attending their shows might as well blacklist them from winning too to make it more fair for the group that is actually promoting and performing there

but thats just my opinon

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
i actually thot armys was joking when they said this is the reason why bighit groups cant perform in MBC, bcs thats just such a teenager pettiness behavior

and ur right idk why other bighit groups got blacklisted too TT

but bts dynamite keeps on winning on music core so i dont really understand that, if they gonna blacklist bighit groups from attending their shows might as well blacklist them from winning too to make it more fair for the group that is actually promoting and performing there

but thats just my opinon
Its ass kissing tbh. Music shows usually dont let you win that many times they usually phase the song out after 3-5 crowns due to Over winning, bts has won like 20 times or something. Concerts are planned far in advance, mbc probably already knew they were planning this and decided to suck up

Top Bottom