BREAKING NEWS Keyakizaka46 to dissolve in october & re-debut under a new name,final single as keyakizaka46 to be released digitally 8/21

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
So, is it a name change or are there any changes to the group?

wait what?! why? are there issues with their company?
They'll still be under the same company, so that's probably not the reason. Maybe they want a different image.

I thought they were doing okay? I'm confused by the decision.
They sell very well, but there's clearly been issues behind closed doors. They haven't had a single release in ages, and their top members left the group.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
i really thought they are doing well?? maybe management change??

techi had so much impact wbk but i dont expect this..

S

Some

They were doing well put people left, 9th single got postponed more pepole continued to leave including hirate and when they wanted to comeback corona happened so instead of dealing with things mangment chose to restart everything being the shitty bastards they are

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
To the best of my recollection, the only time I can remember something like this happening with a major idol group in recent history was with the group S/mileage, and that rebranding was also due to fairly obvious mismanagement. The difference here and what makes it unusual is that S/mileage had been struggling for years to find the kind of audience the other groups in their company had before rebranding, and Keyakizaka had been rising with a lot of media coverage. While the core fanbase will still most likely stick around regardless, I do find it weird to take a group that had been doing well and growing and then throw away all the name value you've built with the general public.

I mean we knew something was definitely going on, but changing the name is a huge sacrifice so it must have been worse than I thought.

ajma93632

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
To the best of my recollection, the only time I can remember something like this happening with a major idol group in recent history was with the group S/mileage, and that rebranding was also due to fairly obvious mismanagement. The difference here and what makes it unusual is that S/mileage had been struggling for years to find the kind of audience the other groups in their company had before rebranding, and Keyakizaka had been rising with a lot of media coverage. While the core fanbase will still most likely stick around regardless, I do find it weird to take a group that had been doing well and growing and then throw away all the name value you've built with the general public.

I mean we knew something was definitely going on, but changing the name is a huge sacrifice so it must have been worse than I thought.

Hi, but S/mileage becoming Angerme only limited to the change of name and image because after the change the singles count didn't restart so it's not they went back to start from zero.

The most similar case to Keyaki is Hiragana Keyaki becoming Hinatazaka46 in 2019.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Hi, but S/mileage becoming Angerme only limited to the change of name and image because after the change the singles count didn't restart so it's not they went back to start from zero.

The most similar case to Keyaki is Hiragana Keyaki becoming Hinatazaka46 in 2019.

I disagree. Hinatazaka was a spin-off from a very weird idea that Keyaki's management had to introduce a second generation without calling them a second generation, so as not to disrupt fan fervor and momentum. They didn't even have singles to count because they only did b-sides as a sub-unit as part of Keyaki, so by your own argument the two are not the same since Hiragana never formally debuted until they became Hinatazaka.

Even if Angerme did not reset the count of the singles, they have tried as much as possible to reset their music, since S/mileage songs are now very few and far between at shows. The core concept of rebranding the group after mismanagement is the same (although S/mileage's mismanagement was definitely more apparent on the commercial end, Keyaki's not so much, so there will always be some differences).

I am, like everyone else, very interested to see if they will keep the same concept or move in a different direction, though.

ajma93632

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
I disagree. Hinatazaka was a spin-off from a very weird idea that Keyaki's management had to introduce a second generation without calling them a second generation, so as not to disrupt fan fervor and momentum. They didn't even have singles to count because they only did b-sides as a sub-unit as part of Keyaki, so by your own argument the two are not the same since Hiragana never formally debuted until they became Hinatazaka.

Even if Angerme did not reset the count of the singles, they have tried as much as possible to reset their music, since S/mileage songs are now very few and far between at shows. The core concept of rebranding the group after mismanagement is the same (although S/mileage's mismanagement was definitely more apparent on the commercial end, Keyaki's not so much, so there will always be some differences).

I am, like everyone else, very interested to see if they will keep the same concept or move in a different direction, though.

But Hiragana did debuted, remember their debut album in 2018. After that they finally appeared in music shows like Kanji Keyaki, and even after that they got to do a little bit of promotion like when they performed Happy Aura in Utacon. So they tried to make Hiragana to be part of Keyaki too. I mean the song Of Keyaki is W-Keyakizaka no Uta. And of course it didn't go well so they had to re-debut as Hinatazaka46.

I'm also intesrested about the future of the Keyaki members.

S

Some

so, sakurazaka huh :sip:

i refuse to belive this until they announce more details in october white was part of the logo as while yuuka said we want to restart with a blank white state . Sakurazaka was rumored to be the named of a new group composed of the sakamichi trainess who didnt get assigned to any groups but they did get assigned this february and since the domain was created before the announcement of hinata i bet thats what they wanted to call hinata too but they changed their mind because it didnt fit them either that or they kept it just in case because when hinata was announced akipig admited that he has been thinking of wanting to debut a new sakamichi group so they kept the domain until the time they need it

Top Bottom