[knetizen] Recession of girl groups 2019

lin_ash

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭27,560
ITZY
ITZY.jpeg

They are the girl group with the best rankings this year.
The number of unique listeners is 500,000, but good rankings
However, recently released ICY is not good

TWICE, BLACKPINK, MAMAMOO
TWICE-BLACKPINK.jpg

Mamamoo-1.png

TWICE, BLACKPINK, Mamamoo are 6 ~ 700,000
If you think about groups with 900,000 unique listeners last year,
At least the number of unique listeners has decreased by one third

Red Velvet
Red-Velvet-5.jpg

Zimzalabim has 500,000 unique listeners, but the trend is not good.
The songs released yesterday are outside the third place, so the number of unique listeners can’t be viewed.
GFriend, Oh My Girl, (G) I-DLE
These groups are also worse than last year.
original post: theqoo
1. This year’s boy groups also seems to lose energy in the music charts except BTS
2. The machine messes up music charts …
3. Oh My Girl is not good this year? I think they are the best girl group this year.
4. What does the number of unique listeners mean in this situation?
5. I feel Oh My Girl is the best this year
6. Not only girl group but also idol music market
7. You just look at the music charts and you say the music of the girl groups is degrading … You must see SNS’ influence like Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter
8. Not only Oh My Girl but Cosmic Girls are also doing well this year.
9. I think the music charts were broken by the machine.
10. As if the idol market began to decline

Source

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,670
I’ll be the nostalgia whore here. I miss the golden years of SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, Kara, etc. When things were simpler (and the music was better).

• Haha
Reactions: spo

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,885
I feel like there aren’t as many good songs this year as last or the year before.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
If we are talking about Melon's unique listeners, I'd assume that part of the reason for the overall drop is because of FLO, which is now already 3rd behind Melon and Genie in terms of subscribers, even though the service only debuted early this year. Unfortunately, FLO doesn't have a publicly accessible charting webpage that share ULs, so it's a bit hard to judge what's really going on. But overall, the idol hype is certainly lower compared to the early 2010s.

I wonder if the recent idol scandals (Top's mj, Seungri's BS, JJY molka featuring various idols, Daesung's building drama, and of course agency head YG's various alleged criminal activities) played a part in the public's waning interest in idols in general.

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
I feel like this year has been even more ballad heavy than usual. Usually, summer in particular is filled with up-beat idol/edm/hip-hop music, but this year has been different. Not to mention the Hotel Del Luna OST filling the charts. I don't think people are less interested in idols per se, but that this year's been just an anomaly.

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,885
If we are talking about Melon's unique listeners, I'd assume that part of the reason for the overall drop is because of FLO, which is now already 3rd behind Melon and Genie in terms of subscribers, even though the service only debuted early this year. Unfortunately, FLO doesn't have a publicly accessible charting webpage that share ULs, so it's a bit hard to judge what's really going on. But overall, the idol hype is certainly lower compared to the early 2010s.

I wonder if the recent idol scandals (Top's mj, Seungri's BS, JJY molka featuring various idols, Daesung's building drama, and of course agency head YG's various alleged criminal activities) played a part in the public's waning interest in idols in general.
I was wondering if the scandals had partly to do with it too. Certainly the ones promoting right now didn’t have anything to do with it but it can leave a bad taste in people’s mouths since so many big idols were involved.

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,835
GFriend, Oh My Girl, (G) I-DLE
These groups are also worse than last year.

lol thats why knetz are BS. except for their album sales, OMG has been outdoing themselves with every new track...this is so boring

also, as one of the comments say, i think we're reaching the point where ignorning SNS impact will not be possible anymore

Top Bottom