Korean beauty standard

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
I know beauty is subjective, but seen from neutral eyes, can korean beauty standard be the highest achievement of beauty? Flawless skin, perfect shaped face and body?

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
Idt there's a general highest point in beauty standards. Every culture cares about skin, face and body, so the difference is the features that are preferred

xiaothink

~ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,901
You can never have "neutral eyes" when it comes to beauty, a person is always going to have their own standards. What a person considers a "perfect face" or a "perfect body" will likely not be that to someone else.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Highest achievement of beauty? LOL. No, standards have always changed with the times - the Greeks and Roman had their standards, the Edwardians, Victorians...even the modern era can shift quickly from the curvaceous Monroe figure of the 50s to the hyper-thin Twiggy look of the 60s. Flawless...perfect...those words have such transient meanings. Koreans certainly don't have a monopoly on those concepts.

WonderfulOnce

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,221,175
Beauty standards are always changing. Everything is subjective. Personally, no ethnicity is the definition of the "highest achievement of beauty" because how dare humans judge to say xx has the best beauty above other groups of people.

doki-doki

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,545
I feel like the Korean beauty standards are far too particular and narrow tbh.

you can find a whole lot of beauty in charm in those who don't meet their standards.

A Flower4ever

❤ #AlwaysWithTwice #OT9ForEver ❤ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭281,245
I know beauty is subjective, but seen from neutral eyes, can korean beauty standard be the highest achievement of beauty? Flawless skin, perfect shaped face and body?
Well, there is a lot involved to obtain those high standards, the multiple steps to follow when using cosmetics products, and the use of cosmetic surgery to achieve said high standard of beauty set by Koreans.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I guess I'm taking the question a bit differently than everyone else. If it's just about Korean being the highest, I don't think Korean is the highest at all. It seems not that different from anywhere. Maybe it's less flexible as some/most Western countries may consider different standards/degrees as acceptable (but still pretty high as well), especially more cosmopolitan ones.

However, I think the difference is the societal pressure to pursuit it, especially among celebrities and competitive straits of Korean society.

Korean beauty is a cultural export, so they have incentives to show it off and to sell these ideals. Also, Koreans are very outspoken about appearances. I think it's a unique trait. They constantly hammer these like "small face", "good proportion" (whatever it means), pale skin, height, weight, and so on. It's basically a meme (the anthropological meaning of meme, not the internet meaning).

Cat Ears

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,275
Not at all. Korean faces are quite flat tbh which some people may not find attractive. I actually like Caucasian standards of beauty. Their deep set eyes are perfect for smoky eye makeup

Top Bottom