LADYBABY/LADYBEARD announce disbanding... seriously, WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,492,025
i don't really follow them but it was weird not seeing this being posted

...btw, this october really hasn't been kind to idol groups and their fans, i started to follow lots of groups this year and i'm already starting to see casualties

You'll melt more
Billie Idle
Q'ulle
and putting this before the news... because is a timeless masterpiece that forever changed the idol world, so is a must watch :doge:

i'm still sad about q'ulle but seeing this again cheer me up,

now more gloom

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,492,025
Ladybeard left 3 years ago

the current 4 member line-up is going on indefinite hiatus, which is effectively disbanding
As davidguy said, I remember Ladybeard leaving long ago.
seems i'm really out of the loop :doge:

do you think that if he had stayed they wouldn't have decided to disband?

A tragedy :sadpepe:
“Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened... "

but for real, i hope this was that for disbandings, or at least for what is left of the year :doge:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

but for real, i hope this was that for disbandings, or at least for what is left of the year :doge:
Idk, seems to me like when he left they kind of lost their identity, so I'm a bit surprised that they managed to last officially for this long.
On the other hand it might have also been an advantage in some ways, and I don't think they would have lasted much longer if Ladybeard was still in the group as he wouldn't have wanted to be in the group full time from what I can remember.
It's just difficult for idol groups to last long.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,492,025
Idk, seems to me like when he left they kind of lost their identity, so I'm a bit surprised that they managed to last officially for this long.
On the other hand it might have also been an advantage in some ways, and I don't think they would have lasted much longer if Ladybeard was still in the group as he wouldn't have wanted to be in the group full time from what I can remember.
It's just difficult for idol groups to last long.
thanks! i didn't really knew what was of them

and sadly the last part is true

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985

Ladybeard was essentially forced out. He had major disagreements about the direction of the group with a member of management. He left back in 2016.

I thought things were looking up for Ladybaby with the new 4 member lineup, but they've had issues with record labels and their release schedule. They've only released 2 physical singles since reforming in Jan. 2018 and the there was a long gap between the 2 because they had to look for a new label. It's hard for an Idol group to make money if they're not releasing singles on a consistent basis, so I can see why they might be disbanding. What's so disappointing is that they have a bunch of original songs in their live set that they've never recorded. I guess money's always been tight.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
i read from ifans, when the news came up the other day, that the announcement says suspend not disband

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,492,025
Ladybeard was essentially forced out. He had major disagreements about the direction of the group with a member of management. He left back in 2016.

I thought things were looking up for Ladybaby with the new 4 member lineup, but they've had issues with record labels and their release schedule. They've only released 2 physical singles since reforming in Jan. 2018 and the there was a long gap between the 2 because they had to look for a new label. It's hard for an Idol group to make money if they're not releasing singles on a consistent basis, so I can see why they might be disbanding. What's so disappointing is that they have a bunch of original songs in their live set that they've never recorded. I guess money's always been tight.
so they kick him out? ladybeard was what set them apart from other groups...

and recording lots of songs just to sit on them points to either incompetence or another problem,

so it seems that the group was doomed as long as they keep working under them, at least i hope that the members can get better opportunities now

i read from ifans, when the news came up the other day, that the announcement says suspend not disband

like homicidols i think that using suspending instead of disbanding is because they may try to remake the project in the future

but the indefinite hiatus seems to be a way of quietly letting the current line up die off...

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
latest

I loved this lineup. I liked all of the songs they released as OT4 and if they had gotten better management, I think they'd be doing well for themselves.

Ladybeard was a fun gimmick, but as a group, they wouldn't have lasted long hankering solely on him. People thought the trio was humorous, but a few laughs isn't going to equate to sales in the long run (He's recruiting for his third group now, that should speak in volume to how his fame peaked and passed). I wasn't surprised when he left, it was just a matter of time really. Even if he wasn't beefing with management, how long was he going to linger on being in an underground idol group (full time)?

Unfortunately, the duo couldn't sustain themselves without him - wow, what surprise - and eventually fell away. No one was surprised because they relied way to much on him and the awful name " The Idol formerly known as Ladyaby", like seriously? Both Rie's were good singers (and cute). Wasted their potential until Rie left and they rebooted into this kick ass quartet with the remaining Rie. I'm still upset about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bom
Top Bottom