BREAKING NEWS Legendary comedian Shimura Ken passes away at 70 due to COVID-19 complications

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789

According to information obtained by the media, he began experiencing symptoms on March 17 and was self-quarantining. Symptoms got more severe and he was admitted to the hospital on March 25. He passed away at age 70 at 11:10 PM, March 29, 2020.

Shimura Ken is one of Japan's most legendary comedians and has created several of the most enduring comedic characters and programs in the general Japanese consciousness. This is truly an immense loss to Japan and to those of us who loved his work.

-まり-

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,425
Rip this is awful news to wake up to. he is such a legend and an important part of japanese entertainment industry. my deepest condolences to his family.

i truly hope they quarantine the people that came in contact with him tho. He is in lots of shows with big casts and lot of guests.But seems like no one is really being quarantined. Arashis Aiba who worked with him for example is going to preform on the new cdtv live special today and has been working like normal. Theres been 2 new conformed cases in the entertainment industry 1 employee from avex and another from sony. This needs to be taken seriously right now.

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
RIP 😭 😭
Thoughts are with his friends and family.
Please let's take this seriously from now on!

Zweig

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭70,000
I watched tons of his old skits, that's horrible news. Requiescat in pace Master

Top Bottom