Listening to Loona

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
I realize I am listening to them more and more. Their songs are really nice, but I've always thought it would be hard to get into them because of the amount of members and the storylines etc.

Anyone any tips of where to begin?

Chococo

your local superheroine Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,345,178
Hello! I am very happy you are checking out Loona as they are one of my favorite girl groups right now~

Loonaverse is mostly based on the fan theories. Each girl has their own confirmed animal and color to resemble them, though. There's no actual order confirmed. At least I think everyone is open to their own thoughts. If you would like to check out more about Loonaverse itself and what kind of theories the fans have, then you might enjoy fanmade Loona wikia! Also reddit too, as the fans share their opinion here. Like for example, I saw lots of people believe what happens in their recent comeback, Why Not, is a resemblance to both Butterfly and So What MVs. What happens in So What is caused by the butterfly effect, i.e: sub-groups changes and etc.

Also I would suggest watching Loona TV so you can get into their personalities! This is the best way to learn about them :)

A translation archive if you are interested in watching them appear in other shows~

Come and join everyone on the Loona main thread too and don't be afraid to ask everyone questions here if you have any.

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,600
I'll let you in on a secret... despite what many orbits may have you believe... the "story line" doesn't matter and rarely means anything. :darkkermit:

As for where to start, just blast through the pre-debut solos and unit releases, that's still all my fave stuff from them. :darkkermit:

Qoptyi

Hallyuboo Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭304,200
Asking Loona fans for tips is like asking for candy in a candy shop! Orbits love helping new Orbits!! I think it's what makes us a happy fandom. :)

Good advice from Chococo and Seriously. And I've just learnt about that translation archive - i've never seen that before!

It's quite natural to slowly get into Loona. That's what happened to me.

They are a big group with a lot of members, so here is a useful episode from After School Club just after their full debut. They've got English name tags which is great for a beginner. Enjoy Loona!!!

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
Hello! I am very happy you are checking out Loona as they are one of my favorite girl groups right now~

Loonaverse is mostly based on the fan theories. Each girl has their own confirmed animal and color to resemble them, though. There's no actual order confirmed. At least I think everyone is open to their own thoughts. If you would like to check out more about Loonaverse itself and what kind of theories the fans have, then you might enjoy fanmade Loona wikia! Also reddit too, as the fans share their opinion here. Like for example, I saw lots of people believe what happens in their recent comeback, Why Not, is a resemblance to both Butterfly and So What MVs. What happens in So What is caused by the butterfly effect, i.e: sub-groups changes and etc.

Also I would suggest watching Loona TV so you can get into their personalities! This is the best way to learn about them :)

A translation archive if you are interested in watching them appear in other shows~

Come and join everyone on the Loona main thread too and don't be afraid to ask everyone questions here if you have any.
They have a fanmade Wiki? That's great.
Like the idea of there being a butterfly-effect.
Thank you so much for all your information
I'll let you in on a secret... despite what many orbits may have you believe... the "story line" doesn't matter and rarely means anything. :darkkermit:

As for where to start, just blast through the pre-debut solos and unit releases, that's still all my fave stuff from them. :darkkermit:
I will check their pre-debut work as well. Haven't done that so far :)

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
Asking Loona fans for tips is like asking for candy in a candy shop! Orbits love helping new Orbits!! I think it's what makes us a happy fandom. :)

Good advice from Chococo and Seriously. And I've just learnt about that translation archive - i've never seen that before!

It's quite natural to slowly get into Loona. That's what happened to me.

They are a big group with a lot of members, so here is a useful episode from After School Club just after their full debut. They've got English name tags which is great for a beginner. Enjoy Loona!!!

I notice, seeing how many nice people are responding already :)
Thank you as well

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
I just recently introduced my good friend into LOONA. And we started out with this video (a little bit of spoiler, if you don't mind):

Then we just watched all the videos in release order, and she is now up to speed. We are now both so addicted, we got the lightstick and the cloaks. We are ready for the world tour whenever COVID is over LMAO

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
I just recently introduced my good friend into LOONA. And we started out with this video (a little bit of spoiler, if you don't mind):

Then we just watched all the videos in release order, and she is now up to speed. We are now both so addicted, we got the lightstick and the cloaks. We are ready for the world tour whenever COVID is over LMAO

Thanks, I'm gonna watch this evening!

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050

Forgot to say: this was really interesting!
Thanks for the introduction

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
RIGHT????? Glad you like it!!!! So have you figured out how to tackle all the MVs yet? :)
:D

I am kinda sad I never experienced their whole debut time, when girls were introduced one by one, so I decided to do something similar.
In the next twelve days, I will go through the pre-debut solos one by one and learn more about the members.

For instance, on day 3, I can play all the songs I have learned so far, but not yet the ones I don't know.

Will also help with learning the names :)

So, I am starting with:

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
Just wanted to say I'm finished and I know all the members now.

It was fun to do it MV by MV

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,600
Just wanted to say I'm finished and I know all the members now.

It was fun to do it MV by MV
I'm glad you enjoyed! I also arrived late to loona, the road to debut was basically done when I first got into them. The journey through all the solos and in to the units is one of my fondest memories with kpop, I still love all those songs and videos.

Top Bottom