Live Action Disney Little Mermaid Movie To Be Announced In August

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
are they running out of good ideas for Disney movies? they're just remaking Disney Renaissance films now. inb4 we get a Frozen live action in 5 years

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335
Zendaya and Harry Styles????? Ew Disney plz. This isn't the Disney channel.... it's a live action movie meant to make millions. Zendaya ain't my Ariel and ah-hah, Harry Styles definitely ain't my Prince Eric. :facepalm:

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
they need to stop making live-action movies that literally don't improve/translate well from the original.

Feitan

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,224,270
if noah centineo plays the role of eric...i will do everything in my power to avoid watchinh this movie.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
I hope they can do the film justice seeing as it was my favourite movie as a kid :wut:

are they running out of good ideas for Disney movies? they're just remaking Disney Renaissance films now. inb4 we get a Frozen live action in 5 years
I've heard that the reason they're remaking Disney Renaissance films is because after so many years things that once had copyright become public domain, I can't remember how many years it is though. So by remaking their films they get to keep their copyright.

Kinky

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,397
Who am I kidding of course Eric will be white. Ariel may be non white though since non white actress are getting popular for their beauty.
Zendaya looks nothing like Ariel tho

But she's relevant I guess and we need "representation" apparently.

usshi

wherever you go, i'll follow Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
Disney's live action films are soulless tbh
They lack the charm and wonder of the original animated ones, just leave the classics be and work on new stuff!

L

larme

noah centineo and harry styles???????????? this has to be a joke. i haven't been a fan of any of the live actions but this is ridiculous if this is true they were even considered.

Saram

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,170
is this legit? EW no please disney why you ruined my best disney princess movie!
the cast looks nothing like the original!

Yukihime

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,890
What kind of casting is this ??? It's like they're asking for a mess, I know publicity is publicity whether it's good or not but come on you can't be serious

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335
Who am I kidding of course Eric will be white. Ariel may be non-white though since non white actress are getting popular for their beauty.

But she's relevant I guess and we need "representation" apparently.
I'm black, but tbh I want Ariel to look how she does in the animation. Same for Eric. The same way Mowgli in Jungle book live action looks like Mowgli in animation, the same way Cinderella, Belle, and Snow White live-action action actresses look like their animated counterparts - that's how I like it.

Whether it's comics, anime, manga - I always prefer for live actions to look as they do in the source material. I don't need a White Cyborg, a White Goku, or a Black L from death note. Keep it how it is.

Yes, diversity is good, but it's not necessary in this context. There are already POC princesses like Mulan, Tiana, Pocahontas. Have Zendaya play Pocahontas if they are so desperate.

Top Bottom