MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN announces Tokyo Dome performance set for October 11th... just 4 days after their major debut

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

• is going to be streamed for free on October 11 in their Youtube channel, there is no live audience.
  • the name of the event is "Achieved the goal in just 4 days after major debut !? A large athletic meeting full of Mameshibas at Tokyo Dome"
  • the members are going to compete in 12 sport events, fans who purchase 1 copy of the album get a card to get into a lottery where you can bet to win prizes (1 album = 1 card) they can use that card to guest which members are going to win which events, they get prizes depending on how many they guest (but they have to send the tickets before the start of the event)
  • members are going to hold a closing ceremony after the event
about the cards, think about them like if they were a bingo type thing

anyways i love how overkill this is, the reservation fee for the Tokyo Dome is around $100,000 and they are using the venue just for a Youtube live stream :fab:

depending on how many events you guess right you can win the next prizes:

• 12 right: VIP passes to a future concert
  • 5 right: Invited-to-a-fansign-event-at-a-restaurant
  • 1 right: A signed photocard

EjkHV0NVoAI0EFi

stan :sanapray:

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
I've heard of some wacky and borderline desperate ways Jpop inflate sales...but really now selling chances at a date with the members lol. Okay.
oh no, the stream is free, the tickets are just to have a chance at winning prizes, there are 12 events so you need 12 tickets if you want to bet in all competitions (but entering is optional)
also the dinner is not romantic or anything like that :doge:

is going to be a banquet style dinner, if 1,000 persons guess the winner of 5 events then all of them are going to be invited so for example there could be no winner too,the dinner is going to be posted in their weekly Youtube series

Last edited:

Risky Risky Wiggy Wiggy

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,000
oh no, the stream is free, the tickets are just to have a chance at winning prizes, there are 12 events so you need 12 tickets if you want to bet in all competitions (but entering is optional)
also the dinner is not romantic or anything like that :doge:

is going to be a banquet style dinner, if 1,000 persons guess the winner of 5 events then all of them are going to be invited so for example there could be no winner too,the dinner is going to be posted in their weekly Youtube series
Hmmm, well the way it's written doesn't seem that way or I'm reading it wrong? You get tickets from buying albums and use those tickets to guess who wins at the games to win prizes with the main prize being dinner with the members?

Isn't that basically buy more albums, get more guesses to increase your chance at winner the dinner 'date'?

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Hmmm, well the way it's written doesn't seem that way or I'm reading it wrong? You get tickets from buying albums and use those tickets to guess who wins at the games to win prizes with the main prize being dinner with the members?

Isn't that basically buy more albums, get more guesses to increase your chance at winner the dinner 'date'?
i think we are not in the same page here, no one is going to go on a date with someone because they spend $15 on their album :doge:

(but if you know about someone that would do, please tell me)

i guess it doesn't translate well between Japan and Korea but this is just a fansign event in a restaurant

tickets = fan lottery

i may edit the op just to avoid confusion (since i guess this is mostly a kpop forum)
in short your prize is to be in the same general location as your favorite idols :wow:

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
The banquet is basically a fancier handshake meeting. No need to read more into it.
they need a troll prize
for getting 12 right you get VIP tickets for their concert, for getting 11 right should win you a whole day with Kuro Chan :doge:

actually this may be too good...

also renting the Tokyo Dome for a Youtube stream? i wonder who's doing was this, TBS or Avex, Mameshiba are truly lucky that both of their "parents" are loaded

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Assuming I'm mathing correctly (which is a generous assumption), there really isn't much incentive to buy more than 60 copies to maximize your odds for either the WIN12, where you correctly guess first place for all events, or 5mametan, where you correctly guess ranks 1-5 for a single event. I suppose if you wanted to try for both events you could buy 120, if you're allowed to get more than one prize, but honestly that still barely comes close to what other mainstream idols have convinced their fans to buy.

Oh, and there have been some underground idols who sold dates with members. I don't recall if any of them actually executed on that promise because they usually demanded a good many more purchases than a fan of a group that small would be willing to make for an awkward hour that other fans would criticize you for. So it has happened, technically, but this is not that.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
There was one group who offered kisses to fans (might have been Banana Monkeys), but there was plexiglass between their mouths.

they need a troll prize
for getting 12 right you get VIP tickets for their concert, for getting 11 right should win you a whole day with Kuro Chan :doge:

actually this may be too good...

also renting the Tokyo Dome for a Youtube stream? i wonder who's doing was this, TBS or Avex, Mameshiba are truly lucky that both of their "parents" are loaded

Aren't Mameshiba the first WACK group to do anything at Tokyo Dome? Definitely as the only attraction. They actually beat BiSH to it! I think they're also the first music group to do an event there in the pandemic era, but feel free to correct me.

A day with Kuro-chan would be cool as long as he has breath mints, lol.

It's not like groups are beating down their doors to rent the place, so the Tokyo Dome people may have taken that into consideration and given them a good deal. I'm sure the companies are weighing the price of the rental with the CD sales expected for participating in the event. Is anyone sponsoring the event? In the end, it gets Mameshiba allot of publicity and they can build up a reputation for doing these kinds of crazy events.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Assuming I'm mathing correctly (which is a generous assumption), there really isn't much incentive to buy more than 60 copies to maximize your odds for either the WIN12, where you correctly guess first place for all events, or 5mametan, where you correctly guess ranks 1-5 for a single event. I suppose if you wanted to try for both events you could buy 120, if you're allowed to get more than one prize, but honestly that still barely comes close to what other mainstream idols have convinced their fans to buy.
that's right there are fans that don't need any incentives to spend their whole pay on albums :sanapray:

i know this doesn't have anything to do with idols but i recall the time the manga Nisekoi was holding a popularity poll, one fan from a character got 1,000 copies of the manga to get 1,000 votes, despite not being very popular his favorite character ended 2nd

Oh, and there have been some underground idols who sold dates with members. I don't recall if any of them actually executed on that promise because they usually demanded a good many more purchases than a fan of a group that small would be willing to make for an awkward hour that other fans would criticize you for. So it has happened, technically, but this is not that.

There was one group who offered kisses to fans (might have been Banana Monkeys), but there was plexiglass between their mouths.
i haven't hear much about that kind of interactions with fans but i would think that they wouldn't be work the money (at least not the one an average fan can pay)

in the case of the Banana monkeys i do recall the time they sold their bath water...

but my favorite interaction between idols and fans has to be the time CY8ER invited their fans to a free hug event, you could hug the members!
oh but they were wearing Hazmat suits the whole time, the sames that are used to handle biological waste :doge:

e3c2ca0da75d85bae721ace1f0c47469.jpg

Aren't Mameshiba the first WACK group to do anything at Tokyo Dome? Definitely as the only attraction. They actually beat BiSH to it! I think they're also the first music group to do an event there in the pandemic era, but feel free to correct me.

A day with Kuro-chan would be cool as long as he has breath mints, lol.

It's not like groups are beating down their doors to rent the place, so the Tokyo Dome people may have taken that into consideration and given them a good deal. I'm sure the companies are weighing the price of the rental with the CD sales expected for participating in the event. Is anyone sponsoring the event? In the end, it gets Mameshiba allot of publicity and they can build up a reputation for doing these kinds of crazy events.
yes they are the first ones but i wonder why, also i don't know if your hear about it but it was announced that Ayuni D is going to hold a concert in the Budokan (BiSH has yet to play there)

is weird that a single member of the group or even a new group are doing larger venues that BiSH who are much more popular (they are on the door of being a high tier idol group)

i mean they sold out the Yokohama arena (capacity 17,000) they can definitely do larger venues

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
that's right there are fans that don't need any incentives to spend their whole pay on albums :sanapray:

i know this doesn't have anything to do with idols but i recall the time the manga Nisekoi was holding a popularity poll, one fan from a character got 1,000 copies of the manga to get 1,000 votes, despite not being very popular his favorite character ended 2nd

i haven't hear much about that kind of interactions with fans but i would think that they wouldn't be work the money (at least not the one an average fan can pay)

in the case of the Banana monkeys i do recall the time they sold their bath water...

but my favorite interaction between idols and fans has to be the time CY8ER invited their fans to a free hug event, you could hug the members!
oh but they were wearing Hazmat suits the whole time, the sames that are used to handle biological waste :doge:

e3c2ca0da75d85bae721ace1f0c47469.jpg

yes they are the first ones but i wonder why, also i don't know if your hear about it but it was announced that Ayuni D is going to hold a concert in the Budokan (BiSH has yet to play there)

is weird that a single member of the group or even a new group are doing larger venues that BiSH who are much more popular (they are on the door of being a high tier idol group)

i mean they sold out the Yokohama arena (capacity 17,000) they can definitely do larger venues

Oh, that's right. Banana Monkey's were the ones who sold their bath water. So enterprising!

I forgot CY8ER did that! Nice crotch protectors. Can't be too careful, lol.

BiSH makes so much money from endorsements and tie-ins that I don't think they necessarily need to perform at bigger venues. It's good for clout, but that's about it. Still strange though.

Top Bottom