Manga or Anime?

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Why not both? In the end it's a case by case IMo.

Usually if the original work is in manga form, I usually prefer the manga. However, some works may have some interesting visual style that may be extra eye candy compared to the original or even add something to the narrative. 4-koma manga can be really enhanced in anime form for instance. Parodies and comedies may have some updated gags in it. For example: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (well basically most of Shinbou's works), Karekano, Sketchbook: Full Color's.

Some anime may have better art design than the original. I usually don't mind somewhat subpar art style, but sometimes they get better in anime form and it may improve my enjoyment.

Sometimes diverging works in anime form can be enjoyed as its own thing in anime form. For instance, Fullmetal Alchemist.

Some adaptations from novel or just straight anime originals are way better in anime form than manga like Eureka Seven and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

However, I think there are lot of anime adaptations of mangas that are subpar. Berserker 3D comes to mind and even the first Berserk adaptation which is good, it's not favorably comparable to the manga IMO. I guess most of the popular mangas will fall in this category. They have good or alright anime adaptations that are enjoyable on their own, but manga is clearly superior and should be checked.

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Manga >>>

Anime is usually left far behind by manga in terms of updates

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Hey Abra! :)
I like Manga more, because i can get thru it at my own pace
just a reading vs watching thing
but i do like that some anime storylines are paced slightly better than the manga (law of ueki)!

B

bumbers

Both? I usually go for Anime first but if I really like something I'll make sure to read the manga. But if no anime exists I'll also read the manga.

This is me, pretty much. What grates me is when someone insists that I should go manga only because it's far more superior, their reasoning not mine. Personally, I think anime can add something more to a story as well but I go for both unless there's only one of the other form. They both have their own place imho.

S

Some

Anime

My eyes can't handle all the reading and in general i'm more of a movie rather than a book type of person

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭158,759
anime, but i still enjoy manga sometimes

Aurora

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,580
both

Anime sometimes make it easier for me to get in the story , and the osts and stuff make it more emotional

meanwhile Manga is the original work and sometimes not all animes give justice to the manga , also reading manga is faster :lurk1:

Top Bottom