abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Which format do you prefer?

Personally I prefer manga, and it's what really got me into Japanese series despite having watched some anime growing up. But I prefer reading it physically and that's not something I can do often. For that reason I guess some well-made anime could be better in some cases.

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
I've been on the fence on this.
I want to say manga, in general.
However, when I read Ookiku Furikabutte, the manga was so compressed and a bit hard to read, while the anime was so simple and made much more sense.

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
I read manga more than i watch anime tbh. I just find that mangas usually have more depth and are less rushed or filled with fillers. But of course in some cases the anime is way better.

usshi

wherever you go, i'll follow Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
Anime is more accessible to me so I prefer it but I don't mind diving into a really good manga from time to time

M

moon_ravn

Both? I usually go for Anime first but if I really like something I'll make sure to read the manga. But if no anime exists I'll also read the manga.

azula

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
Depends. I am picky about what I watch due to time commitment it needs so I usually end up reading way more mangas. But I do prefer watching action series instead of reading confusing action panels. I like reading slice of life/romance because in video format they are too slow paced... Tried watching the Fruit Basket remake recently :sleep:

Chuuya

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,765
Manga I guess. But I'm more into Webtoons now!
I haven't watched an anime in ages, I'm kind of interested in Fruit Basket remake though.

Galaxunnie✰Superoppa

DANCE OR DIƎ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
I really like how there's always more in the manga, but TBH I love anime more because it's in color (I sometimes have trouble distinguishing what is what when everything is black and white) and I get to see and hear the characters! Plus an anime means we get a theme song and stuff...yeah. I prefer anime but I do still read the manga when the anime isn't as caught up as I'd like it to be (cough coughBNHAcough cough)

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
It depends for me. Usually I prefer manga, but action packed stuff are way better in anime form imo.

My biggest gripe with anime is that I'm not that big into the over-the-top style that the Japanese like. When I read manga I interpret the lines a lot more deadpan and somber than how they portray it in anime. That makes me not get off-put by ridiculous premises or shoddy plot which becomes too glaring in anime form.

Barbechuu

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
In terms of shonen-related stuff, I prefer anime. But in terms of shoujo-related stuff, I much prefer manga.

wiz109

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,260
I love both, there are some really talented voice actors out there that really make characters come to life.

king

霏霏 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭96,730
Honestly both. There's different possibilities with either medium, and limitations too. It depends on the work and whether the artists and writers know how to utilise those.

Top Bottom