MCU | Marvel Cinematic Universe ☄︎

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
i went and saw it on sunday! :poggers:

• omg yes, i LOVED how the movie opened up with his parents. :heartublob: tbh i thought it was difficult to really think of the father as a villain. :peepoblanket:
  • yeah, she was a cool character! i had no idea shang-chi was going to have a sister, i think they showed her just once from the trailer and i assumed she was just going to be a difficult villain for him to fight sdfkjgh so that was a neat surprise for me! xD
  • i was afraid going in that katy was going to be an annoying sidekick, so i'm glad i was wrong! she was great. i love her and shang-chi's relationship, too! it looks like they're going to do something with her in the future, so yeah, i wonder how that'll play out! :wow:
  • like you, i ended up enjoying this movie more than i thought i would, although i think i would have enjoyed it even more if it hadn't lost so much momentum when they went to the village? it was so slow - the change of pace really took me out of it for awhile. also, i can't help but complain about how the mother died. i understand she didn't have her powers then, but she still should have been a badass martial artist, shouldn't she? i mean, sure, she wouldn't have come out of it unscathed, but i dunno... to die like that? :peepoblanket:

here's hoping the rest of the future marvel movies entertain us, too! :TeaPar:

• Yeah, at first I thought he was just gonna be one of those power-hungry people but after he softened when he met the mother, it really tickled my heartstrings ajskfhajf and then him griefing the way he did was so sad... an emotionally complex "villain" is what I believe people have said about him :peepoblanket: I wish he had lived bc I would've loved to see how his and Shang-Chi's relationship would've developed after he realised what he was doing was wrong.
  • Same here, I literally had no idea who or what Shang-Chi was about but the sister was really the show stealer for me tbh.
  • SAMEEE... especially with Awkwafina being cast since she's usually typecasted as that funny and sometimes annoying character, but I think with Trevor asl o being used as comic relief, the humour was balanced out for me. I can already see an interaction with Katy and Hawkeye, where she will tell him how she shot the neck of the Dweller ajhdaf
  • Ah yeah, I kinda get you. I felt like it was kinda anti-climatic when the Ten Rings entered the village like they just... appeared... and at first, the fighting between the village and them felt a bit lackluster, but it was all leading up to the real battle with the Dweller. Oh!! The part where Shang-Chi was in the air was so cool too :poggers:
  • Ikr... it felt like her death was quite quick too tbh :peepoblanket:

Aye aye, let's see what The Eternals is all about... :TeaPar:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,550
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Last night I watched all the "What if...?" episodes. The Dr Strange one was the best. T'Challa becoming Star Lord was an interesting story as well :munchlax:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
Last night I watched all the "What if...?" episodes. The Dr Strange one was the best. T'Challa becoming Star Lord was an interesting story as well :munchlax:
I've only watched the first episode of that but I've heard the Dr Strange one is really good and pretty dark :munchlax:

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,550
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
The most recent What if about Ulton was pretty cool :pepesanta:

the thor one was...meh xD

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,112,313

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,550
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
is she vaxxed yet? they should shut down til she agrees :angry:

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭955,120
Pronouns
He/Him
just finished all episodes of "what if..." and it's reaaaaaally good! okay except thor.. :wut:
i love the most is the zombie episode, avengers in zombieland is really cool but they still had to add a few jokes in it huh :squirtlechristmas:
ultron > thanos, why don't they make it like this in the live-action??
this series much much darker than the entire mcu so far

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,550
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
just finished all episodes of "what if..." and it's reaaaaaally good! okay except thor.. :wut:
i love the most is the zombie episode, avengers in zombieland is really cool but they still had to add a few jokes in it huh :squirtlechristmas:
ultron > thanos, why don't they make it like this in the live-action??
this series much much darker than the entire mcu so far

agreed on the thor one. the zombie one wasn't my fave either though.

I'd rank my faovrites as

1. Dr Strange - though the story was basically (spoiler) the plot of the book the time machine. however, i feel like it was just homage. and i loved that they (more spoilers XD)took a risk and made Strange into an Anti-hero of sorts

2. Ultron - idk i just found it intersting. i think Ultron is an interesing character and ithink they did it well

3. T'chala/Star Lord - bc i think it did exactly what the series was meant for. and made a true what if...?

worst episodes were

Thor - pure entertainment and fan service. the plot didn't make sense. was it bad? not really, i just didn't find it engaging personally.

Killmonger - this episode was basically (spoiler) the plot of Black panther already lol it didn't really do anything different than however, i understand why they did it beccause (major spoiler) in the last episode kill monger turns heel...so they were setting this up....but still. at the time it made the episode boring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom