AUDIO Meltrosz's OPM Recommendation: Episode 2 - Tulog Na (lit. Go To Sleep) by Sugarfree

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Episode 2 -Tulog Na (lit. Go To Sleep) by Sugarfree
1453893799_ebe.jpg

Hello, everyone!
I've decided to start a little project of introducing the forum to some of the best songs from my country, the Philippines. We call the songs from our country as "OPM" which means Original Philippine Music.
To encourage interaction, I will be rewarding the best comment with ⨭10,000!
The winner will be announced in my next episode.

Before everything, I'll announce the winner for my
previous episode's best comment!
Congratulations! You win ⨭10,000!

For my second episode, I decided to do an OPM song I heard recently, Tulog Na (lit. Go To Sleep) by Sugarfree

Go to sleep, my dear
Let us forget this world for a while
Come, let us go to sleep

Go to sleep, my dear
Don't cry, for your bed is soft
Face your problems later

Go to sleep, let us forget about them for a while
Later on, they cannot hurt you again
If you, if you go to sleep

Go to sleep, my dear
I am here, watching over you
Go on, go to sleep

Go to sleep, my dear
And maybe tomorrow you'll smile at last
And we'll face the world together

La la la

This song composes of lullaby-like verses and a very catchy and upbeat rock chorus. The combination of the soft melody and the soothing voice of the singer makes it a very pleasant song to listen to. But most of all is the message behind the lyrics. The song is not simply a lullaby telling the listener to sleep. The song tells the listener to forget all their problems for a minute, relax, and go to sleep. Many times in our lives, we go through hardships and sufferings to the point that we even bring our problems to our dreams, or even ignore sleeping at all. Sometimes, it's best to just forget our problems for a while, relax, and go to sleep.

Many listeners who were bullied while they were growing up have also taken comfort from the line, "later on, they cannot hurt you anymore". They treated the song as their friend during dark times. All of us have also experienced being hurt by someone in one way or another. The song tells us to forget about these people and just go to sleep.

What did you think of the song? Leave your comments, suggestions, and feedback below!

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
When the electric guitar came in

Me: Yesssss!!! YESSSSS!!

I love how the song became more dynamic. It reminds me of my favourite band, Nell. I may not understand the lyrics, but I definitely appreciate the solace it may bring to people. Great description!

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940
OPM represent! Oh how I miss Sugarfree T.T This song unearthed a lot of bittersweet memories. This was released during OPM's Golden Era (well for me) wherein songs from bands got huge public support.
I agree, the song can be interpreted as a lullaby, a love song or even as a fight song. It was the latter for me especially the lines "Tulog na. Hayaan na muna natin sila. Mamamaya hindi ka na nila kaya pang saktan..." which translates to "Go to sleep. For now, just leave them be. Later on, they can't hurt you anymore..." If you were having a bad day because of anything negative from people around you, listen to this song before going to sleep and you'll feel a little lighter.
The melody and arrangement of the song kind of amplifies your emotions through the electric guitars. Ebe Dancel (center from picture above) will then soothe those emotions through his raw and cool vocals. I love it!

Fun Fact: The bassist Jal Taguibao (leftmost from the picture above) was my Political Science 11 professor back in college! He's one of the coolest professors ever in UPD!!!

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
This is really good! It started off soothing, but gradually got more exciting and adding new things to the instrumental. I can’t quite see the song as a lullaby but in a the same breath, it’s so comforting. Like u brought up, this would have been smth I’d listen to if i were hurt by someone. It’s like that friend that encourages you and keeps you company, but doesn’t push you to do smth bad back to those who hurt.
Or like a mother who’d be saying these words as you cry on her shoulder

Top Bottom