AUDIO Meltrosz's OPM Recommendation: Episode 6 - "With A Smile" by Eraserheads

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Episode 6 -"With A Smile" by Eraserheads
51RbkiXnZiL._SY355_.jpg

Hello, everyone! I've decided to start a little project of introducing the forum to some of the best songs from my country, the Philippines. We call the songs from our country as "OPM" which means Original Philippine Music.
To encourage interaction, I will be rewarding the best comment with ⨭10,000!
The winner will be announced in my next episode.

Before everything, I'll announce the winner for my
previous episode's best comment!
Congratulations! You win ⨭10,000!

For my sixth episode, I give you another Eraserheads song and one of their most iconic ones!

Lift your head
Baby, don't be scared
Of the things that could go wrong along the way
You'll get by with a smile
You can't win at everything but you can try

Baby, you don't have to worry
'Cos their ain't no need to hurry
No one ever said that there's an easy way
When they're closing all their doors
They don't want you anymore
This sounds funny but I'll say it anyway

Girl, I'll stay through the bad times
Even if I have yo fetch you every day
I'll get by with a smile
You can never be too happy in this life

In a world where everybody
Hates a happy ending story
It's a wonder love can make the world go 'round
But don't let it bring you down
Or turn your face into a frown
You'll get along with a little prayer and a song

Let me hear you sing it
(Too dooo dooo....)

In a world where everybody
Hates a happy ending story
It's a wonder love can make the world go 'round
But don't let it bring you down
Or turn your face into a frown
You'll get along with a little prayer and a song

Lift your head
Baby don't be scared
Of the things that could go wrong along the way
We'll get by with a smile
Now it's time to kiss away the tears goodbye

Unlike the previous episode that sounded very rock, today's episode doesn't sound as much rock but is considered as one of the greatest love songs in the country. The song uses a clean electric guitar sound and a simple strum pattern. Combined with Ely Buendia's sweet and mellow voice, the song sound like a heart-fluttering serenade. It also supports the message of the song to console the listener and to tell them not to worry. The song becomes a lot more dynamic during the first chorus. The drums, bass, and other instruments come in. The second verse starts off with a varied chord from the first verse, which makes the line very memorable. The song uses a lot of prolonged vowels and non-lexical syllables, contributing even more to the song's catchiness.

If you prefer mellow, sweet, love songs, you will definitely love this. The lyrics are very heartfelt and rolls with the tongue, and the music uses very catchy chords and strumming. Even if the song was released in the late 1990s, it still hasn't become outdated and can still sound recent today. It is also easy to learn if you have a loved one you would like to sing it to!

What did you think of the song? Leave your comments, suggestions, and feedback below!

Last edited:

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
Nice, I think this song sounds a lot more coherent than the last one! I usually prefer songs with a faster BPM, but this song really leaves you with a feeling of yearning and wistfulness. I think the chanting that takes place in the middle of the song serves well in creating that throwback sound. I love how this song sparks the feeling of nostalgia, it reminds me of some Western songs I used to listen to in the past.

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
I thought it was boring for like.. 10seconds, and then it started picking up and started to really like it. The instrumental is good. The lyrics are beautiful. I know you said this was a love story kind of song, but it reminds me of a caring mom lol

A

Aerith

Ooh, I like this one. The song is sweet, lyrics especially, and I really love that nostalgic feeling you get from it. You keep suggesting songs I know I'll listen to again, hmm. Looking forward to more in the future. :heartublob:

Top Bottom