Mental Health Peer Support Thread

B

bumbers

Hi all! I think the thread title is pretty clear on what this is all about. I felt it was time to create one since I'm sure a number of us deal with this from time to time, and it's nice when you've got a positive space to just air out whatever you need to. That said, I only ask that a few guidelines be followed to keep this a success and be genuinely helpful to users.

1. Absolutely NO medical or medication advice that a professional should be giving. Sharing your experiences and keeping advice general is fine but remember, we're all individuals so what works for one might not. This is to protect both the users and the site.

2. Please be kind here. At no point should any issue be demeaned in any way. It goes against the goal of this to be a supportive thread.

3. Respect if a user says to not respond to their posts. Sometimes just getting it out without any responses is needed.

That's it, and feel free to come here and be among people who support you! ?

Carnation

Lovely as paradise and dumb as a rabbit Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭22,310
Deletion requested by user.
Thanks for sharing. Could you do something to make yourself more confident at home? Like do your own nails? Or do you have a friend who likes getting her nails done/ shopping etc who you could get to take the lead. I like going to plays and musicals but i have this weird thing where I get really anxious about buying the tickets and choosing days and seats. But I have a friend who likes doing that stuff, so she gets the tickets and then all I have to do is show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bumbers

its been 4 days now. i cant sleep. seriously. im so hyper and i cant feel any starving since day 1. tf is happening to me :tea1:

Can you call to make an appointment with a doctor or see a medical professional? I don't want to see you starving or not getting the sleep you need. Please see someone as soon as possible so that you don't become dangerously ill from this if you can. Cheering you on to take care of yourself! :shablob:

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

나는 미나의 쓰레기야. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭595,800
Can you call to make an appointment with a doctor or see a medical professional? I don't want to see you starving or not getting the sleep you need. Please see someone as soon as possible so that you don't become dangerously ill from this if you can. Cheering you on to take care of yourself! :shablob:

Thank you but im in a tight spot right now cus every single day i go to work including weekends its so hassle idk why im still working but yeah i get you. ill take a leave for awhile and try to see a doctor so i know whats happening on me. jesus. Thanks again! :hearteu:

B

bumbers

Thank you but im in a tight spot right now cus every single day i go to work including weekends its so hassle idk why im still working but yeah i get you. ill take a leave for awhile and try to see a doctor so i know whats happening on me. jesus. Thanks again! :hearteu:

Yeah, definitely take that leave! I can understand being in a tight spot but health should always come first. You're welcome, and good luck! :hearteu:

Nimz

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭684,545
I just need to vent for a moment. Please don't respond.

Ever since the beginning of the year I've been struggling a lot with my mental health. I managed to get it under control for a little bit but in the past month its been bad again. I know the leading cause of it is I'm stuck at a job I hate; I've tried desperately to get out of it, applying to jobs and even going on several interviews, to end up nowhere. I also just feel no joy in the things I used to like anymore. I'm not sleeping well at night, I'm neglecting things I should be doing, and I'm starting not to care what happens to me anymore. I'm just... not in a good place, and I don't know what to do to get myself out of it.

Blue Moon

feel special Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭67,179
It'll be a short post, it doesn't matter whether someone replies or not but I guess I just need to say it somewhere

Ok it's gone now

Last edited:

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I think uni was the problem for me, because now it's summer I'm feeling much more chilled. That, or the medication is working. But I'm not around all the unfamiliar people now. I've been at work training with some of them and some other brand new people but I still felt better about it than I ever have. Hell, a stranger even rolled me other on the floor in first aid training yesterday and I was fine with it. Sometimes, I think a change of environment helps. Hopefully when I start work in July, I'll still feel this chilled.

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,773,435
Pronouns
They/Them
Just needed to get some negative shit off my chest

I just cried in the shower for a good 30 mins because I'm mentally unstable. One minute I was just fine then the tiniest thing sent me into this mood. My mood swings these days are tiring. But I can't stop overanalyzing shit. I always do, I come up with these insane narratives and end up hating people for no reason.
I just couldn't stop thinking about how no one truly gives a shit. I don't want to talk about it with anyone either because then I'm an "attention seeker". I just feel like I'm completely alone and it's fucking horrible. But at the same time, I don't have the energy to reply back to anyone. I can't just pick up my phone and talk to someone. I hate it so much. It just hits like a truck and all I can do is cry. I hate feeling lonely but it's my fault to begin with. There's no way this feeling will ever go away, I just need a distraction. Maybe school will give me that or just finding a new hobby. I might need to leave the internet in general since I hyper-analyze everything. But then what will I do? Nothing?
Thinking about it now, I'm my own worst enemy. I ruin everything for myself. I hate it. I hate everything.
Ugh, there are so many thoughts in my head rn, I can't even focus.
All I feel is frustration and sadness.
But at least this rant helped

Top Bottom