Most underrated idol singles?

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Have a favorite idol single that never seems to get much love? Did it do well in sales but doesn't seem well-regarded by the fanbase? Do your faves never seem to perform it much even though it's your jam? Post it here!

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Mostly I'm just surprised you didn't post their entire back catalogue.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Oooh no arguments there. This was also the first AKB song I ever downloaded, coincidentally.
I'm going to guess that it didn't do that well since it's almost never performed these days. Or maybe it's because it's not as catchy as Hebirote or bad cool/fierce as UZA.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
I'm going to guess that it didn't do that well since it's almost never performed these days. Or maybe it's because it's not as catchy as Hebirote or bad cool/fierce as UZA.

It's definitely one of the more peculiar songs in their repertoire (and music videos). I was in Japan when it was released and it definitely did not get the same level of airplay as the songs released immediately before and after.

On that note, here's this gem. Out of all the school chorus-style idol songs in existence, this is probably my favorite.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
It's definitely one of the more peculiar songs in their repertoire (and music videos). I was in Japan when it was released and it definitely did not get the same level of airplay as the songs released immediately before and after.

On that note, here's this gem. Out of all the school chorus-style idol songs in existence, this is probably my favorite.

It sounds like something you'd hear at church or the ceremony for summer winter break at middle school, which I guess they aimed for. For me it's a type of song I'd enjoy when performed live at a suitable occasion, but I haven't listened to it much as I can't really get into that type of music in other circumstances.

Top Bottom