• Total voters

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Movie Review - Hollow Man (2000)
written by: meltrosz

If you're curious about the newly released film "The Invisible Man" starring Elisabeth Moss, but like me, you saw that it's a horror film and you're too scared to sit alone in a dark theater, then this 2000 film starring Kevin Bacon may be the right film for you! Although it says on the Wikipedia page that it's a science fiction horror film, Hollow Man is more of a suspense thriller film and was also inspired by the same novel "The Invisible Man" is based on. The film is about Sebastian Cane (Kevin Bacon) who was tasked, along with his team of scientists, by the U.S. military to develop a way to make humans invisible and change them back. They tested the drug on gorillas first and received positive results, but Caine feared that the military will take over the project if he reported their success, so he went behind their backs and decided to test the drug on himself. However, things go awry when they are unable to change him back. And like the gorilla test subjects before him, the prolonged state of being invisible started making him become a psychopath.

However, was it really the drug that affected Caine's mind? It should be noted that the first thing he did on the first night of being invisible was to sexually harass his co-worker and pretend that nothing happened the next day. I think Caine was already twisted from the beginning, and being invisible made him able to release his inner criminal since he didn't have to take responsibility if he "doesn't exist". He raped his neighbor after seeing her change and started killing people in cold blood. It shows the darkness of human nature, of what they would do if they didn't have to take responsibility for their actions. However, Caine has shown tendencies of being evil right from the beginning so it begs the question of what a "good" person would do. If they would not be tempted by the evils of being invisible. What about you? What would you do if you can be invisible?

8.5/10

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
at first u had me at horror
but then things got wild in the 2nd paragraph :squirtlechristmas:

if i were invisible i'd probably harass ppl i never liked and take candy from the store without paying or sumn

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
at first u had me at horror
but then things got wild in the 2nd paragraph :squirtlechristmas:

if i were invisible i'd probably harass ppl i never liked and take candy from the store without paying or sumn
shoplifting won't be possible since you're invisible but the item isn't :jinjudge: i'd probably scare the :seungfail: of people before stealing ing the chaos :TzuyuKek:

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
shoplifting won't be possible since you're invisible but the item isn't :jinjudge: i'd probably scare the :seungfail: of people before stealing ing the chaos :TzuyuKek:
sdfgfdfg maybe that's my plan! nobody will wamt to mess around with a floating box of twix and laffy taffys :munchlax:

Top Bottom