My Journal

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
Hello and welcome to this thread! Here I will add transcripts of everything I write in my personal journal, which will contain different topics ranging from K-Pop, K-Drama, sports, anything about my life and more. I thought sharing would be nice. You will also find pictures of my entries below each transcript too. Hopefully you will like this!

18/01/2020 - My Journal
19/01/2020 - How I Got Into K-Pop
21/01/2020 - TWICE: My Top 5 Members
21/01/2020 - TWICE's EPL: Jihyo's Segment (2016)

12/02/2020 - My K-Pop Recap: January 2020

07/03/2020 - Finally Introducing: LOONA
11/03/2020 | 12/03/2020 - My K-Pop Recap: February 2020

Last edited:

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
18/01/2020 - My Journal

Name:
Andrea
Nationality: Italian
Position: Leader, Main Rapper
Birthday: November 18, 1997
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Facts

- Born in Enna, Sicily, Italy.
- 1 older sister, Federica.
- Favorite color is light blue.
- Favorite food is pizza.
- Favorite number is 7.
- Mixed handed (write left handed only).
- Favorite group is Twice, Jihyo being the ultimate bias.
- Speak Italian, English, Spanish and French.

show more facts...

4dB9Agk.jpg

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
19/01/2020 - How I Got Into K-Pop

In 2016 I used to play "Love Live! School Idol Festival" and I remember looking for YouTube videos about it. Note: that was J-Pop and I enjoyed the songs through that rhythm game, even had my favorite idols back there.

So, one day the YouTube algorithm for recommendation never proved to be more successful and a K-Pop music video appeared in my home: "TWICE - Like OOH-AHH". I absolutely loved the whole concept behind it, it was something new that reminded me of the game I played with the exception that they were having real idols. Loved it!

Momo was my favorite, blonde in that era, and her outfits looked too good on her. I wish I could have looked more into them but, after watching the MV multiple times through the following days... I stepped out from it.

Fast-forward to 2017, the algorithm is back at it again and it suggests me to watch "TWICE - Likey". Again, had it on replay for a while because I liked everything about it. I still remember enjoying the rap part a lot.

Part 2

It simply was an extremely catchy hit that I went as far as to share it with my sister, who didn't find it as pleasing as I did. The two rappers stood out the most to me, along with Momo again who surprised me with her dance break. Shall we fast-forward? Yes, because like before I did not dig deeper and my interested failed to go further than that.

Before the important moment, I would like to point out that I went back to both "Like OOH-AHH" and "Likey" from time to time. I have this vague memory of me checking "TT" out of curiosity but closed it shortly after. How things change, right?

Thanks to Last.fm I can begin this event this way: my life changed on the 17th of August 2019, 10:26 AM, as I went back to check TWICE on Spotify and listened to "YES or YES" (can't recall if I watched anything on YouTube before that, maybe the day before, but at least I can say my journey began officially that moment).

I clearly remember looking for the Spotify playlist named "This is TWICE" and I slowly made my way. My beginning.

NtHetXX.jpg

Last edited:

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
21/01/2020 - TWICE: My Top 5 Members

My favorite TWICE members happened to change with time and I'm not going to exclude the possibilities for that to happen again. A curious fact is that even Jihyo hasn't been sitting at the top from the very start, now I doubt that will ever change though.

Before introducing my top 5 is worth mentioning two things: 1, I like all TWICE members and I only wish the best to each and everyone of them. 2, more like another curious fact, Tzuyu is the only member who was part of this top 5 but slipped to the 6th spot now. Ready to start!

5 - Sana (Minatozaki Sana)
Nationality: Japanese
Position: Vocalist
Birthday: December 29, 1996
Reason: Her simplicity stood out the most to me but also her constant way to show affections to others. In terms of music, she is also one of my favorite vocalists within the group: plenty of memorable moments.

Part 2

4 - Momo (Hirai Momo)
Nationality: Japanese
Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Birthday: November 9, 1996
Reason: Watching "Like OOH-AHH" and "Likey" she was my favorite, her dancing ability was so powerful that fascinated me. Truth is that Momo is a lot of nice things and her role in TWICE is crucial, so thanks JYP for letting her be part of it!

3 - Chaeyoung (Son Chae Young)
Nationality: Korean
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: April 23, 1999
Reason: First of all her smile and her laugh, then you can really feel her positive energy as someone with a lot of things to say and to give. She was not even part of my top 5 before, I should add not even close, then everything changed and she kept going up and up, one after one, climbing the ladder. To me, she is the person you would always like to have by hour side to make your days better. Strawberry Princess! For nicknames I like "tiger cub" more, standing her ground in the '99 line.

Part 3

2 - Dahyun (Kim Da Hyun)
Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: May 28, 1998
Reason: once at the 1st spot, her stage presence impressed me a lot as I watched a fancam of "YES or YES". Her energy is something I would describe out of the ordinary, always making things better and always making me smile. K-Pop has multiple meanings to me, the most important one being a direct association with happiness, and Dahyun might as well be at the top of the game doing that. Last thing worth mentioning is that I always enjoy her verses and her rap is quite solid. My number 2!

I'm curious to see if this list will change again in the future, maybe Chaeyoung could move up by 1 step again, or maybe Tzuyu and Nayeon could climb a few steps. Right now, and honestly I can't see or imagine anything that could change one thing and that is the number 1 position. Without any further ado, let's move on to my favorite TWICE member and idol as a whole: Park Ji Hyo.

Part 4

1 - Jihyo (Park Ji Soo but legalized to Park Ji Hyo)
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist
Birthday: February 1, 1997
Reason: I don't know where to start here because there is so much that I want to write. Starting with three words: Jihyo is everything. Caring, charismatic, cute and honestly that kind of person you can be reasurred from because you know in advance that she is going to take the best decisions. I fell for her smile but for each and every action she takes towards the other members too, fans, even herself. I see her being an inspiration, an amazing singer and also a great dance. The world would be a better place if more people looked up to her.

My personal ranking as of today, will something change?
1 - Jihyo
2 - Dahyun
3 - Chaeyoung
4 - Momo
5 - Sana
6 - Tzuyu
7 - Nayeon
8 - Mina
9 - Jeongyeon

dXBYAbb.jpg

o15AmGT.jpg

Last edited:

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
21/01/2020 - TWICE's EPL: Jihyo's Segment (2016)

I found the following segment really touching so I decided to make a transcription out of it for my journal.

Members (TWICE) read letters written by each other.
Letter for Jihyo:
"To Jihyo,
Without even saying it, we know each other's feeling well. You're not careless nor excessive. You're doing well as a leader and you make us feel secure. It's a relief that we have you, Jihyo."

Jihyo's reply:
"I think that this person and I feel the same way, since we've known each other for such a long time but, after reading a letter like this, I know how they feel and I feel the same way. (starts to cry) I didn't want to cry! I didn't want to show this.

The kids lean on me. Since I'm the leader the kids look to me to do well, I have to be able to do that. I've recently started to feel the burden of being a leader, I think I've been feeling that burden, I feel like that I have to do more.

Part 2

Work harder. There's that "I feel that I have to show a more "leader-like" side to the kids." I think that burden is big too. There are kids from foreign countries too so they might not be able to understand my words sometimes.

There have been times where I got angry and lost my temper, that's always been on my mind. I don't know how to do well so I'm just trying harder to improve, but for saying that you're thankful and that I'm doing well, I'm really thankful for that."

I found it touching because Jihyo was sharing how she felt because of her responsabilities as a leader, then seeing her cry only made it more touching. I am sure that it must have not been easy to adapt to a new role and most importantly to an entire new experience that huge. Nonetheless, she has always tried to do her best and the other members were as much thankful to her as she was to them. A great segment around a campire.

Notes: Jihyo kept referring to the other members as kids in a protective manner, like a mother/a role. This was featured in episode 6.

dwADF8y.jpg

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
12/02/2020 - My K-Pop Recap: January 2020

The last month of January wasn't particularly full of releases, still I felt more than happy with some gems scattered through it. Follow my journey:

First of all I discovered ATEEZ thanks to their latest comeback with "Treasure Epilogue: Action to Answer", their fourth EP released on January 6. To be more specific, I enjoyed every second of "Answer", the title.

DreamNote released their third single album titled "Dream Wish" on January 8, having "Wish" as their main song. Speaking of DreamNote, I can gladly say, and confirm, that Miso is my favorite member!

On January 10, ANS made their return with the single "Say My Name", a really powerful song that allowed me to discover this group that I Dddn't know about.

The guitarist Hee released a nice song named "Carry On", featuring two singers coming from the girl group WEGIRLS, a song that I listened to quite a lot.

Part 2

A few more honorable mentions and some notes:
Zico released a catchy song titled "Anysong" becoming quite viral because of a challenge, Stray Kids made their first English album available with "Step Out of Clé", and SF9's "Good Guy" probably was the most popular song winning multiple shows. About "Good Guy", the thing that it's very similar to "Feel Special" (the beginning almost identical) kind of ruins it for me.

I plan to write down these recaps for every month, it's going to be interesting to go over these lists later in the future!

Favorite Songs Of The Month:
ATEEZ - Answer
DreamNote - Wish
ANS - Say My Name
Hee - Carry On (feat. Ellie, Yehana)

To be added

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
07/03/2020 - Finally Introducing: LOONA

I am glad to be able to write about this girl group that, quite honestly, it took me a while before I decided to develop some serious interest in. Also stylized in a prettier way: "LOOΠΔ" , the starting point was not as simple as I expected. Let's start from the beginning.

When I was still pretty new to the world of K-pop, some people suggested me to check this group out but, mostly because of the amount of members, I looked for other options. You can imagine that following another group with even a greater amount of members than my main (TWICE 9, LOONA 12) did not seem that tempting, then discovering that there were sub-units too only made it more confusing, at least at first. What changed? "Butterfly".

"Butterfly" was the initial push, then "favOriTe", two songs made to make me change my mind and give the group a chance. I think Buttterfly's stage performance caught my interest the most at that time, it felt charming. Through this, I remember that I casually listened to "Max & Match", a sub-unit's repackage album I liked a lot.

Part 2

I was not sure where to start to get to know the group more, and after a couple of failed attempts because I was not sure if I wanted to invest much time, I got encouraged by various people.

I began to get a hang of the sub-units, the existence of a "Loonaverse" with plenty of theories around, and its members. Watching LOONA TV is definitely a nice way to get yourself engaged with the group, an experience I am still going through. Surely you could be interested about my favorite "girls of the months", as they are also called, and I can anticipate by saying that there is not a confirmed list yet but I am making my mind up! Curiously, "Odd Eye Circle" dropped down.

For now, as I am writing on this very moment, I can say that LOOΠΔ is my second favorite girl group because of multiple reasons: music, personalities, concepts, how well they fit together, and let me mention that their visuals and cuteness are not a joke by any mean. They deserve the greatest success!

Out of the 12 members, my top 6 (in no particular order) consists of: Heejin, Hyunjin, Yeojin, Yves, Chuu and Olivia Hye (temporary list)

To be added

Andrea

in Twice Square
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,185
11/03/2020 | 12/03/2020 - My K-Pop Recap: February 2020

I said that "January wasn't particularly full of releases", now it is way different and pretty much the opposite. To whoever may be reading this, excuse the lengthy section but understand how memorable it was, at least musically.

The first week kicked off with an exciting boy group's debut: DKB released their first mini album and "Sorry Mama" made up for a nice initiation. The same day, on the 3rd of February, GFriend returned with an EP in which, the first track, "Labyrinth" caught me off-guard and impressed me. Before moving to the second week, LOONA made something different with their latest title song "So What", one that took multiple listens from my side to fully appreciate it.

Throughout this I will make a few pauses to write down relevant mentions, for example TWICE served a repackage of their 2nd Japanese studio album "&TWICE", and Weki Meki made a rather simple come-back with "Dazzle Dazzle". An important release was "reminiscence", latest Everglow's EP, having a hit such as "Dun Dun" leading the way.

Part 2

I already felt satisfied with the first week, but then it got even better with the second one because my favorite thing of the month happened: Rocket Punch made their come-back releasing "Red Punch", an EP full of memorable songs such as "Bouncy", "Fireworks" and "Lilac". In the same few days I discovered two boy groups, first The Boyz because of "Reveal" and soon after Pentagon because of "Dr. BeBe"; both groups surprised me with their music and their powerful performances. Check the mentioned titles, they are worthy.

Cignature debuted with their single "Nun Nu Nan Na", H&D (two X1 members) did more than well with "Toward Tomorrow", and I also enjoyed Cherry Bullet's "Hands Up".

On the 14th I was extremely happy thanks to Moon Byul having a solo come-back, who is my favorite Mamamoo member, and "Eclipse" in "Dark Side of the Moon" is an excellent tile song. Two other solid girl groups made their return: IZ*ONE came to my attention with "BLOOM*IZ" as a whole, even more because of "Fiesta", and later Dreamcatcher took a step forward towards my taste and released their 1st studio album; "Scream" and "Sahara" are special.

Back with other notes, I liked "Queen" by 3YE and I think they do well as a nice trio, but I liked even further Elris with their 4th mini album "Jackpot", a great title song too. Lastly, MCND debuted on February 27th with "Ice Age".

Part 3

It was the first time I personally witnessed a BTS' come-back, and the results were impressive but expectable from their side. "Map of the Soul: 7" is full of proper songs, still if we focus on the "new" ones, I tpick their main one as my favorite, "ON". Spectrum, another boy group I wasn't aware of, released "Showtime", a really nice upbeat song worth checking part of their 4th single album "0325". The last release I have to mention for the month of February is Ravi's first studio album "El Dorado", I still have to fully listen to it but I can confirm that "Rockstar" feels unique.

Talking about January for just a moment, two songs that I have been appreciating as of late and that I didn't mention before are "Starlight" by B of You (B.O.Y) and, most importantly, "Winter Flower" by Younha featuring BTS' very own RM. Thanks a lot for your time!

Part 4

Favorite Songs Of The Month:
DKB - Sorry Mama
GFriend - Labyrinth
LOONA - So What
Rocket Punch - Bouncy
The Boyz - Reveal
Pentagon - Dr. BeBe
Moon Byul - Eclipse
IZ*ONE - Fiesta
Dreamcatcher - Scream
BTS - ON