Nagi Nemoto to debut as a Vtuber version of herself, to carry future activities as a "virtual idol"

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,491,825

Nagi Nemoto is a former idol and an ex member of the groups "Niji no Conquistador", "Dempagumi inc" and "PeroNemo", she is one of the most popular idols of the last few years, you could call her the face of the company "Dearstage" but earlier this year she announced her graduation from the idol industry

her becoming a Vtuber is very unexpected, i recall that back in 2020 i was interested in Vtubers but by the start of 2021 i wasn't that much into them anymore (pandemic things!)

in any case Nagi is pretty funny and likeable so i think she is going do pretty well!

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,491,825
Her Vtuber avatar looks a lot like her

yeah, is surprisingly good, gets the small details, doesn't look rushed, i wonder who the illustrator was

normally they credit the artist for making the designs, right? but i can't find a name anywhere so i wonder if it was Nagi herself who designed her Vtuber model?

i recall she used to post a lot of artwork to her twitter
9EqFNUL.jpg

4bGxgDA.jpg

she also did a photo session with Kaname Rin were they drawing, here a "sfw version" of the photoshoot, the art kinda looks similar

E2Ju8KA.jpg

jGS6Wb3.jpg

i know that Kaname Rin also draws, she does a daily comic strip she post on twitter so isn't that hard to believe it

in any case, she is the highest profile artist to crossover to the Vtuber scene, right? (at least as a full time thing)

and i believe she is still associated to Dearstage

Last edited:

LION

🥁 Graphics
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭268,467
Pronouns
He/Him
Thats a really neat way to keep on working as an idol and the vtube does look like her

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
Vtubers are going to take over the world and I'm here for it!
in any case, she is the highest profile artist to crossover to the Vtuber scene, right? (at least as a full time thing)
Assuming you're only talking about Japanese artists? Because as far as I know, the biggest individual to transition into a vtuber was when Senzawa dropped everyting to become Gawr Gura. There's quite a few other big transitions in the West like Demondice becoming Mori Calliope or AmaLee becoming Monarch

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,491,825
Assuming you're only talking about Japanese artists?
in general, although to be honest i'm not sure so that's why i ask, i haven't been following the Vtuber scene since early 2021 so i'm way out the loop
Because as far as I know, the biggest individual to transition into a vtuber was when Senzawa dropped everyting to become Gawr Gura. There's quite a few other big transitions in the West like Demondice becoming Mori Calliope or AmaLee becoming Monarch
i know Gura was pretty popular before even joining Hololive (her previous channel has 1 million + subscribers iirc) so probably

Demondice... i'm not sure how popular she was before becoming a Vtuber
Calli is my fav but i didn't make the connection between the two until like half a year later :doge: i was wondering why i was getting so much Demondice / Tophatkyo recommended, by the time i realized she already exploded in popularity

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
Demondice... i'm not sure how popular she was before becoming a Vtuber
Yeah I'm also not 100% certain if Demondice was popular pre-Calliope or if she gained most of her fanbase once people started catching on
Calli is my fav but i didn't make the connection between the two until like half a year later :doge: i was wondering why i was getting so much Demondice / Tophatkyo recommended, by the time i realized she already exploded in popularity
I found out by complete accident thanks to Spotify auto-playing Demondice songs after Calli's EP :TzuyuKek:

Top Bottom