Naruto's creator Masashi Kishimoto to take over as writer of "Boruto"

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

The official Twitter account for Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto franchise revealed on Monday that Boruto manga storywriter Ukyō Kodachi will retire from the manga, and Kishimoto himself will take over as storywriter. The Twitter account stated that this change was "planned from the beginning." Kishimoto will take over the role starting with the 52nd chapter, which Shueisha will publish in the December issue of V Jump on November 21.

i thought that because Boruto was the sequel of Naruto Kishimoto was the writer? but seems not :doge:

i guess i'm out of the loop with Naruto, after it ended i didn't bother watching more of the anime or movies, the final arc was bad enough :JudgyDubu:

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
Expected, after Kodachi scandal...no one wanted to work with him :tea2:

Let's see if this makes it better or worse lol

I've actually heard good things about Boruto so I might check it out

Yeah, the manga is really good. We are now in the middle of a great battle.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Let's see if this makes it better or worse lol

I've actually heard good things about Boruto so I might check it out
for what i read, either the anime or the manga is good and the other is crap, not sure which is which but seems they are pretty different from each other

semi ot but i think fairy tail is now being done by another person too, it always feel weird to me seeing iconic series without their original authors, i would think they don't have the same "magic" without them

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
what happen? i'm curious now :catpopcorn:

i recall Naruto was hit and miss during it's final arc... maybe Kishimoto was the problem?:doge:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

Maybe I'll start reading manga again for the first time in years! I would ideally read it physically but that's never happening. I wonder if there's any good place to read it online? I used to have an app but that got removed and I hadn't read any manga since.

for what i read, either the anime or the manga is good and the other is crap, not sure which is which but seems they are pretty different from each other

semi ot but i think fairy tail is now being done by another person too, it always feel weird to me seeing iconic series without their original authors, i would think they don't have the same "magic" without them
Yeah, 100 year quest! I haven't followed it except there's a Gruvia fan I follow on twitter who tweets about it from time to time. Fairy Tail is even more confusing though because the original mangaka keeps reusing character designs between his series. Idk Fairy Tail was pretty decent as a manga but the final arch was poorly handled (like with most big Shounen...).

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
what happen? i'm curious now :catpopcorn:

The scandal happened in September. He was rude and he swore to his ex co- workers and since respect is a big thing for the Japanese culture, Kishimoto was really angry.

I recall Naruto was hit and miss during it's final arc... maybe Kishimoto was the problem?:doge:

Maybe yes or maybe Kishimoto needed a break from Naruto. Boruto manga is a little slow because they only release one chapter every month but is really good tbh.

Maybe I'll start reading manga again for the first time in years! I would ideally read it physically but that's never happening. I wonder if there's any good place to read it online? I used to have an app but that got removed and I hadn't read any manga since.

Try this

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
The scandal happened in September. He was rude and he swore to his ex co- workers and since respect is a big thing for the Japanese culture, Kishimoto was really angry.
when your borrow other person's work any bad behaviour is not only going to reflect on you but also on the owner, dunno if he got high on working for a popular series or if he is a shitty person but makes sense he got sacked

and if Kishimoto really is angry at him i wouldn't be surprised if he ends getting blacklisted too, way to ruin his own career

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to be honest, there is no saving Boruto. It is really bad and it practically voided the entirety of Naruto.
I'm 12 chapters in now and it's not even close to as good as early Naruto. Sure the drawing character designs and stuff are very similar to Naruto but the angles, scenes in the panels, combat etc are miles behind. I'm also not a fan of some of the new designs such as Hinata's, the way the kids seem like copies of their parents, etc.

Top Bottom