[NB] SM Entertainment SNS riddled with comments questioning responsibility

Kami

惟神の道 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭589,905
sm.jpg

Article: Comments of criticism continue on SM Entertainment's official SNS "Who's next after Sulli?"

Source: Aju Econ via Nate

1. [+1,004, -30] Don't treat your artists well only when they're making you money... you're the ones who should know better than anyone how difficult, dirty, and crude the industry can be... please pay more attention to the mental healths of your artists

2. [+873, -35] Does SM not take care of their kids??????

3. [+804, -63] Out of the big three, they're the quietest company with the least scandals and yet they suffer the worst things to happen;

4. [+39, -1] YG's problem is the opposite in that that they protect their kids way too much

5. [+32, -0] I noticed that SM has a tendency to keep their artists on board without terminating any contracts but if you're going to do that, please continue to take care of them and give them the attention that they need. Keeping their contracts on board isn't the only way to care for your artists....

6. [+28, -1] At this point, I'd rather a company that does drugs that a company that throws away lives. That's how much this breaks my heart. My head hurts over the shock of this news.

7. [+26, -5] Wow... look at these netizens trying to blame SM without thinking of what they've done. Sulli died because of your hate comments, not because SM didn't do anything about those hate comments. Disgusting people...

8. [+21, -1] Despite all the hate comments Sulli had to endure, she never once sued any of them. She looked so unstable, SM needed to have stepped up earlier... at least sue her haters for her... I can't help but feel that SM could've done more for her.

9. [+20, -1] Stop blaming people. Blaming the media, blaming the agency, blaming 'Night of Hate Comments'... before blaming others, look back on your own actions.

10. [+17, -6] Honestly, I've never seen SM take any official action over her hate comments. They take in young kids and put them through intense competition before debuting them as singers and then milk them as much as they can to make their investment back. They don't stop to check the mental healths of these kids... Let's be real, Super M was only put together because EXO and SHINee are in the army and they're scared of their stock prices dropping. So many of them have complained of sasaengs but SM has never done anything about it. Honestly... SM needs to be in trouble for that....

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
The ignorance in most of the comments is really shining through. What is this yg better than sm nonsense? All of them suck. Just in different ways. It's like saying a reticulated python is kinder to humans than a shark is. The answer is no. Both of them are predators and they are going to kill you.
SM could have done more especially considering sulli asked them to sue malicious commenters. But ultimately the ones responsible are the malicious commenters. So dont just point fingers at SM and forget all the imbeciles who spreaded hate and targeted her whenever it was possible.

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
Stop blaming people. Blaming the media, blaming the agency, blaming 'Night of Hate Comments'... before blaming others, look back on your own actions.

D

DR. K💉M 👄

I understand that people need to look back at themselves, but sm also needs to be questioned.

They are known to not let go of their artists. Imagine someone suffering from stress mental health but their company refuses to let go of them, unless they get into lawsuit matter.

They are the ones who know their artists closely. And if these haters don't learn then they need to step up as a company and do something to stop them. Most companies these days write that they'd file a lawsuit for hate comments, but has sm ever done that for sulli? She seemed to be getting the most hate, but I assume the more popular artists only might have gotten that treatment? Basically what comment 10 says.

Neopoli

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,300
For the people saying ''the people leaving hate comments are the only ones to blame, they should buy a mirror''
Let me reword it for you
''The criminals committing crimes are to blame, they should buy a mirror, not the people who should be enforcing the law.''
They knew what they were doing, they know they'll get away with it, and with that in-mind, they'll continue it. There is a need for outcry because without any rules or laws in place this shit happens. Let's be very frank about that.
Telling a thief that's bad, you should feel bad, won't change the thief's mind.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,829,714
Pronouns
She/Her
They blame each other but it's already too late: Sulli is gone. And the saddest part is that nothing is going to change so i'm not gonna be surprise when it happen again...

Top Bottom