Netflix unveils first visual for "ONE PIECE" live action series

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Yhae8X8.jpg

Luffy is wearing shoes instead of sandals, 0/10 terrible already :angry:

the series is going to premiere this year, dunno what to expect, it would be nice if it turns out well but the fact that Death Note and Cowboy Bepop's adaptations are so... despite being more grounded in reality and thus easier to adapt

there are rumors that they are going to release a trailer in early February so that should give us an idea of the quality

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
This literally scare me. Most Anime live-actions tend to be terrible. (DragonBall... The worst part of it, I can never unsee this excuse of a movie):wut:

Dragon Ball Evolution pissed off Toriyama so much that he decided to come back to the franchise so at least that was something

(surprisingly the PSP game was kinda okay)

from the HST series ONE PIECE is the one i legitimately can't imagine as a live action, the only saving grace is that Oda is involved and that the series is expensive as fuck, $10m+ per episode

they also are planning a live action of My Hero Academia and Yu Yu Hakusho... seeing how The Last of Us turned fine it would be cool if instead of Netflix it was HBO that gave a try

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
Looks like someone photoshopped cosplayers in a Windows stock image
...they did :doge:

and you know what's worse? 15 years ago Pirates of The Caribbean already created a convincing pirate world, is going to be interesting seeing the comparison between the two

Last edited:

Idol Killer

Idolchii Moderator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,017,315
Dragon Ball Evolution pissed off Toriyama so much that he decided to come back to the franchise so at least that was something

(surprisingly the PSP game was kinda okay)

from the HST series ONE PIECE is the one i legitimately can't imagine as a live action, the only saving grace is that Oda is involved and that the series is expensive as fuck, $10m+ per episode

they also are planning a live action of My Hero Academia and Yu Yu Hakusho... seeing how The Last of Us turned fine it would be cool if instead of Netflix it was HBO that gave a try
I never even knew there was a game of it and try to play literally everything Dragon Ball related lol. Maybe I avoided it on purpose somehow. Imma give it a try.:poggers:

Yeah One Piece's world is kinda hard and special to replicate imo. Obviously I hope it succeed and like you said TLOU is well done, maybe it might end up good.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
I never even knew there was a game of it and try to play literally everything Dragon Ball related lol. Maybe I avoided it on purpose somehow. Imma give it a try.:poggers:
make no mistake! the game is definitely not good but compared to the movie it wasn't that terrible since it basically was a reskin of one of the Budokai games, i still would avoid it unless you want to try to complete all the games in the franchise
Yeah One Piece's world is kinda hard and special to replicate imo. Obviously I hope it succeed and like you said TLOU is well done, maybe it might end up good.
i feel that if ONE PIECE ends being bad and flops this could be the end of Netflix run of anime live action adaptations, if they want to continue adapting more anime / manga as animated series that's fine, maybe more Baki or Castlevania, etc those were for the most part good

and in the case of TLOU i wonder if games just translate better to TV? although Halo, The Witcher and Resident Evil were kind of a let down, seems to me that HBO are just really good making series

Top Bottom