abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
FUF3X7tWAAIetCm

Perfume continue their streak as the most popular girl group in Japan.

Nikkei's entertainment talent power rankings are out for 2022, and seinedoru on twitter has compiled the scores for the most popular idol groups in the country.

Girl groups:
FUVguQPWYAI4qi9

Boy groups:
FUa1rDFXwAAGJL1

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,485,625
FUF3X7tWAAIetCm

Perfume continue their streak as the most popular girl group in Japan.

Nikkei's entertainment talent power rankings are out for 2022, and seinedoru on twitter has compiled the scores for the most popular idol groups in the country.

Girl groups:
FUVguQPWYAI4qi9

Boy groups:
FUa1rDFXwAAGJL1
BiSH at #10 :fab:

i wonder how high they could get if it weren't for their disbanding next year

the list is pretty similar to last year's right? some weeks ago i was checking the previous one and at least the top 10 seems almost the same

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
BiSH at #10 :fab:

i wonder how high they could get if it weren't for their disbanding next year

the list is pretty similar to last year's right? some weeks ago i was checking the previous one and at least the top 10 seems almost the same
BiSH might get ninth next year. But then you get to the 46-groups and it's very hard to break through.

Top 10 is the same groups and mostly the same rankings.
The top 3 is the same (top 2 hasn't changed in 10 years) but Niziu had a big boost.
TWICE rose from 6th to 4th, AKB dropped from 5th to 3rd.

It changed a bit outside of the top 10 but I would not put much stock in that as they are mostly niche groups so changes might not be statistically significant.

I should also mention that the choice for which group is considered an idol group is a bit arbitrary here. It doesn't matter that much for girl groups as the lists are almost the same, but many people would not consider Perfume idols. And if we include Perfume you might want to include Little Glee Monster, who I am sure would make the top 10 of this list.

I haven't seen the individual female idol list translated but it also looks similar to last year. Lots of 46G girls, the Momoclo members and a few others. This year Ourin from Ringo Musume is first, Momoclo's Kanako second and I think Yukirin was third. NMB48's Shibuya Nagisa made the list for the first time too.

Top Bottom